IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

39 minutes ago, Mosher said:

“Umran Malik is not yet ready to play for India. Of course, we are very excited to see him play. As Indians, this is what excites us the most. I think the kid is still raw, still learning the ropes. There will be the time he plays for India, but he is not ready based on the last couple of games,” Aakash said.

Akash is correct...Umran needs an experience of minimum 10 years in domestics, where he can learn how to gentle float the ball at a good length with 125kmph, with a beautiful seam presentation and can deceive the batsman with his back of hand slower balls and knuckle balls. Also, after those 10 years of grinding he will be beyond 30 and mature enough to play for India.

Hail Akash Chopra...the greatest test batsman India have ever produced.

Edited by singhvivek141

43 minutes ago, Mosher said:

"Cricket expert" Aakash Chopra wants Umran to grind it out in Ranji and probably become another one of those line and length trundlers when they get selected too late. Hope Aakash doesn't become a cricket selector. Bishop right again and one of the most sensible cricket commentators around.

“Umran Malik is not yet ready to play for India. Of course, we are very excited to see him play. As Indians, this is what excites us the most. I think the kid is still raw, still learning the ropes. There will be the time he plays for India, but he is not ready based on the last couple of games,” Aakash said.

Bishop countered by saying that Umran is ready to be in the Indian squad and learn from the likes of Mohammad Shami and Jasprit Bumrah even if he doesn’t get to play in the XI immediately.

“The guy bowled at 157. He has something that I think no one else in the world has, I can't think of anyone in the world who has it. I think if he gets into the squad, he may not have to play immediately. Among Bumrah, Shami, one or two others, (being alongside them) would be important for his learning even more than, say, going on a few 'A' tours. He, sure enough, is learning in this IPL,” said Bishop.

https://circleofcricket.com/category/IPL/76101/ipl-2022-umran-malik-not-ready-for-indian-team-aakash-chopra-bishop-vettori-counter-his-views?

Akash Jhopra needs to spend his whole life in old age home now, he's exhibiting the typical traits of an old school uber pragmatic dadu

He doesn't understands what makes Umran stand out of the crowd,his pace and accuracy

He wants him to become part of the crowd of trundlers

Robelinda rightfully humiliates him in his youtube thumbnails

His conscience ,acumen matches his batting ability which was simply blunt, backward and pathetic

Bishop should have given him a chokeslam out of commbox for the better

Edited by Suhaan

36 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Akash is correct...Umran needs an experience of minimum 10 years in domestics, where he can learn how to gentle float the ball at a good length with 125kmph, with a beautiful seam presentation and can deceive the batsman with his back of hand slower balls and knuckle balls. Also, after those 10 years of grinding he will be beyond 30 and mature enough to play for India.

This is the unjust ecosystem which tests the zeal of a young pacer to bowl quick and aggressive

Edited by Suhaan

53 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

tbf a season in ranji wont hurt. it has developed some good players. but my issues is if umran is not looked at for A tours. he needs to play in the A team more than ranji. he can play rnaji for match fitness. bowling in that heat will develop your endurance and make you physically more durable if you can handle the workload. 

53 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

This is the unjust ecosystem which tests the zeal of a young pacer to bowl quick and aggressive

Here's hoping Umran doesn't listens to these jokers & get disheartened. 

My respect for Ian Bishop is increasing day by day. The way he is hyping & motivating these Indian youngsters this season has never happened in any IPl season.  I have never head this Johpda ever speaking well  or backing a youngster over a senior.  I recall him saying India should bench Bishnoi or don't give him a debut as Chahal needs games to get his confidence back.  Bishnoi bowled a superb spell on debut to sh** this guy's trap. 

14 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Here's hoping Umran doesn't listens to these jokers & get disheartened. 

My respect for Ian Bishop is increasing day by day. The way he is hyping & motivating these Indian youngsters this season has never happened in any IPl season.  I have never head this Johpda ever speaking well  or backing a youngster over a senior.  I recall him saying India should bench Bishnoi or don't give him a debut as Chahal needs games to get his confidence back.  Bishnoi bowled a superb spell on debut to sh** this guy's trap. 

Laughable is how high people like Akash talk about Indian LOI side as if it is in level with mighty Aussie and Carribean sides of the past and it takes exceptional performances to get a call in there

He should not look too far a pathetic batsman like him too featured in the setup

And then Umran has higher ceiling already

Edited by Suhaan

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj

148.2 kph

147.8 kph

146.8 kph

144.5 kph

Started the over bowling a cracking yorker and another good attempted yorker.

But got hit later on as he pitched it short on a very flat deck.

on a flat Patta, this pace ensure ball comes very straight and even a touch can take the ball for a 4. on a Pitch with a lil green grass, this pace will ensure that it moves/swings/skids and becomes practcally unplayyable. the above 4 balls are between 145 to 148.2K. serious pace. Hope siraj can continue to maintain line length and 145K+ Pace. that's enough to fetch wickets.

thats why i scream- Dont make Patta's. Patta's can make a smaller batsman look good against genuine fast bowling. this is not correct.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj

148.2 kph

147.8 kph

146.8 kph

144.5 kph

Started the over bowling a cracking yorker and another good attempted yorker.

But got hit later on as he pitched it short on a very flat deck.

I have noticed speed numbers are different by venues. Wankhede shows lower speeds, Brabourne higher. I think Umran 157 was also clocked at Brabourne. Speeds at Brabourne looks right to me.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:20 PM, Mesky99 said:

Prasidh was terrific today, numbers don't always tell the right story, express bhai mentioned it earlier, prasidh's hard lengths have been 142kph or over consistently over the last few games, he's running in harder and seems to be in great rhythm ATM. A hint of movement with this rhythm, he becomes a beast. Prasidh should definitely be in the t20 wc squad imo.

Prasidh is India's no 1 Pacer along with Bumrah for all formats. even Sen is good enough to be in the schemme of things as he is faster than SHammi, Umesh and gets good bounce too. 

SO if a bowler is kinda competing to siraj, shammi and Umesh , he is defiinitely good. SEN is  a highly impressive pace bowler and soon he will play for INDIA for sure. 

even karthik tyagi will soon play for india when shammi , umesh retire or phase out.

when srinath came to bowl in his first test series , he out bowled Kapil dev and manoj prabhakar and took more wickets. i could not believe why he was not picked earlier as he looked so much faster than Kapil and manoj.

there was a time when no 11 of other teams used to play against Kapildev and others for 10 overs in tests and later a Spinner used to get them. Kapil dev was played even when he was bowling at 125K and mind you , he was the spearhead of Indian bowling attack. 125K spear head of India- even if he swung still 125K is some thing which is genuinely slow for International cricket. indian selectors should not have played Kapil after his knee operation.

today I have seen at least 3 to 4 Mumbai Cricket CLUBS having pacers bowling 125 to 130K.

now a days no 11 of other teams can get out in shammi and boom's first overs Or a maximum of 4 overs. we have prasidh , Siraj who have some balls that are seriously tough for tailenders to play in tests or odi.

Edited by vishalvirsingh

Fastest Deliveries that I have seen by Indians in IPL 2022 till 13th May  ( rounded off ) ... (  updated list )

Umran.         157 kph

Tyagi.           150 kph

Saini.           149 kph

Prasidh.      149 kph

Sen.             149 kph

Bumrah.      148 kph

Siraj.            148 kph

Mavi.           148 kph  ( one-off ball )

Mohsin.        146 kph

Nagarkoti.   146 kph

Harshit.        146 kph

Simarjeet.   146 kph

Khaleel.       145 kph

Shami.         145 kph

Umesh.        144 kph

Akash.         144 kph

Dayal.          143 kph

Avesh.         143 kph

Mukesh.      143 kph

Edited by express bowling

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fastest Deliveries that I have seen by Indians in IPL 2022 till 13th May  ( rounded off ) ... (  updated list )

Umran.         157 kph

Tyagi.           150 kph

Saini.           149 kph

Prasidh.      149 kph

Sen.             149 kph

Bumrah.      148 kph

Siraj.            148 kph

Mavi.           148 kph  ( one-off ball )

Mohsin.        146 kph

Nagarkoti.   146 kph

Harshit.        146 kph

Simarjeet.   146 kph

Khaleel.       145 kph

Shami.         145 kph

Umesh.        144 kph

Akash.         144 kph

Dayal.          143 kph

Avesh.         143 kph

Mukesh.      143 kph

19 bowlers hitting 140+ and several haven't even played. 14 of them hit 90 mph. Insane. Fast bowling factory.

Edited by rkt.india

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

siraj all 5 were his only

though he gave some runs but he seems in his best form now. 

having said that my view remains the same Siraj and Umesh yadav have been run gifers in t20 so they should not represent India in T20. i could pick Siraj for ODI but not Umesh.

in this IPL Umran, Prasidh, Avesh Khan , Khaleel have come out as best pacers and hence these 4 pacers should get a look in to Indian teams.

though kuldeep sen , mohsin , tyagi have also been great but Outright top performers are Prasidh, Khaleel, Avesh and Umran along with Shammi and Bumrah.

So i feel 

Boom , Prasidh, Avesh, Khaleel , Umran and may be arshit khan ( Punjab Sardar missing his name , he should be picked ahead of harshal) should be considered in T20.

All rounder- Hardik, Venky, Shardul for t20.

ODI and tests

Boom, Shammi, Prasidh, Khaleel, Umran , Umesh , Siraj.

i dont want to play any pace AR in tests , select  Jaddu /washington only.  in ODI Hardik/Shardul/Venky should be considered.

7 hours ago, Mosher said:

"Cricket expert" Aakash Chopra wants Umran to grind it out in Ranji and probably become another one of those line and length trundlers when they get selected too late. Hope Aakash doesn't become a cricket selector. Bishop right again and one of the most sensible cricket commentators around.

Bishop countered by saying that Umran is ready to be in the Indian squad and learn from the likes of Mohammad Shami and Jasprit Bumrah even if he doesn’t get to play in the XI immediately.

“The guy bowled at 157. He has something that I think no one else in the world has, I can't think of anyone in the world who has it. I think if he gets into the squad, he may not have to play immediately. Among Bumrah, Shami, one or two others, (being alongside them) would be important for his learning even more than, say, going on a few 'A' tours. He, sure enough, is learning in this IPL,” said Bishop.

https://circleofcricket.com/category/IPL/76101/ipl-2022-umran-malik-not-ready-for-indian-team-aakash-chopra-bishop-vettori-counter-his-views?

It's so difficult to change someone's mentality. I'm sure most of the guys in the Selection squad would be thinking the same. It's a perennial problem and nothing's gonna change that. I've lost all hope lol on these guys.
Just look at what that idiot Shastri commented. For sure he needs to improve.. No one's denying that. But these bozos are talking as if they don't want someone bowling fast.  Like some immature child who gets jealous lol. It's crazy. 
Whats most important is his own mindset. As long as thats fine, I'm sure he'll figure out a way and then things will fall in place.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

19 bowlers hitting 140+ and several haven't even played. 14 of them hit 90 mph. Insane. Fast bowling factory.

14 pacers hitting 90mph+, from one single country, is really really impressive.

And before long we will probably have 30 such pacers.