IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One thing that is worrying me about Umran is his lack of natural bounce. 

Such pacers usually have a very small margin for error in line and length. 

His best length for stock balls would be between the 7m to 8m mark on most surfaces. (  unless he is bowling a proper yorker or proper bouncer  )

He's not that tall and wickets are too getting tired in this fag end

Surely his lengths should be little different

Just now, Suhaan said:

He's not that tall and wickets are too getting tired in this fag end

Surely his lengths should be little different

Steyn should guide him about bowling on the shorter side of good length.

Frankly speaking, someone like a Shami  (  an absolute master of bowling on low and slow surfaces as a short and quick bowler )  can guide him really well on this issue.

Which is why I hope he gets to be part of Team India and can interact with Shami and Bumrah.

10 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Umran tried to mix up his pace a little bit today. Will get better at it with time, but good to see that he is working on his skillset.

I remember Akhtar had a few very unique slower ones as well.  He used to use them in LOIs from time to time. 

I hope  Umran never learns about slower ball bouncer coz that would take him down the trundler path. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

speaking, someone like a Shami  (  an absolute master of bowling on low and slow surfaces as a short and quick bowler )  can guide him really well on this issue.

Anyone, who doesn't advice him to get off the Ferrari

At this stage he should be encouraged for his strength then he should be graduated to international cricket's line length nuances 

I want captains to give him ,his specific field placements

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Steyn should guide him about bowling on the shorter side of good length.

Frankly speaking, someone like a Shami  (  an absolute master of bowling on low and slow surfaces as a short and quick bowler )  can guide him really well on this issue.

Which is why I hope he gets to be part of Team India and can interact with Shami and Bumrah.

Yeah I feel that way as well...  Shami has spoken about this about Umran. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2022-gujarat-titans-mohammed-shami-pace-not-everything-umran-malik-needs-to-be-accurate-at-high-pace-1314808

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One thing that is worrying me about Umran is his lack of natural bounce. 

Such pacers usually have a very small margin for error in line and length. 

His best length for stock balls would be between the 7m to 8m mark on most surfaces. (  unless he is bowling a proper yorker or proper bouncer  )

Self-proclaimed expert Jay says he is a bounce bowler :cantstop:

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Shami has really surprised me over the years as a bowler since his debut. He has improved a lot.

Yes he was bowling around 130-135 kph in Aane do series his debut one I guess.  Increased his pace in next year or so. And maintained it for so long. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes he was bowling around 130-135 kph in Aane do series his debut one I guess.  Increased his pace in next year or so. And maintained it for so long. 

His coach always maintained he was very fast,maybe debut nerves

Even in 2013 Australia odi series in India,he got opportunity in later part of the series and troubled then Finch and he said Shami was quite sharp

Yes he has worked on his fitnes from 2015 onwards and has improved a lot

7 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Self-proclaimed expert Jay says he is a bounce bowler :cantstop:

i never said he is a bounce bowler *wit. i said he has a good bouncer. dont spew rubbish about something you have no idea about. 

he has a good bouncer. he needs to work on his bounce bowling ability is what i said. prasidh and tyagi are the best bounce based talents in the world right now. 

2 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Sundar against someone like Russel in the 20th over!

Some miscalculation by Kane. Needs to improve on his Math skills lol

it has become trend in IPL to leave last over to 5th bowler