IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

ummie needs to work on back of length. already been mentioned many times. he is 22. he is plenty of time to grow. 

right now, if i were a parkie or a saffer, i would be shitting my pants if i have to face prasidh bumrah and umran in australia. good luck though. 

although our batsmen suck as we have no hitters so that will be an issue but i am certain we can carve open every team with our bowling attack. 

good luck though yea. get ready for a broken arm. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

For real? Fans wanted that? That's hilarious. No wonder management exclude top pacers

See the SRH youtube page comments...many of them want Nattu, Jansen and Bhuvi back...and are suggesting Umran to cut down pace and focus on line and length.
It sums up the mentality of the majority, everyone want a line and length bowler instead of an express pacer, and then they say Indians don't have the body to bowl fast. 

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Anyone, who doesn't advice him to get off the Ferrari

At this stage he should be encouraged for his strength then he should be graduated to international cricket's line length nuances 

I want captains to give him ,his specific field placements

I think every pacer should be encouraged to bowl at their full pace, not just Umran.

And practice bowling in good areas at full pace. 

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

His coach always maintained he was very fast,maybe debut nerves

Even in 2013 Australia odi series in India,he got opportunity in later part of the series and troubled then Finch and he said Shami was quite sharp

Yes he has worked on his fitnes from 2015 onwards and has improved a lot

Thats true, even in his first test series vs the WI, Shami bowled a fastest of 146 k.

With time, he has learned to sustain speeds much better, starting 2016.

Even before debut, Shami was known as very fast and bouncy in Kolkata circles. He got steep bounce for his short height and surprised everybody. 

6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

See the SRH youtube page comments...many of them want Nattu, Jansen and Bhuvi back...and are suggesting Umran to cut down pace and focus on line and length.
It sums up the mentality of the majority, everyone want a line and length bowler instead of an express pacer, and then they say Indians don't have the body to bowl fast. 

Put it this way if an aussie who worked hard to build their physique and supplement with proper diets can have the body to bowl fast then Indians easily can do the same. If parkies can do it then we can definitely do it. 

It's all in the diet and strength training. India kick these countries asses in wrestling etc in global events. You think Indians don't have the body lol? Problem with India is lack of proper diet to the average person. Still a 3rd world country. There are plenty of strong bowlers in India. Well capable of fast pace. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thats true, even in his first test series vs the WI, Shami bowled a fastest of 146 k.

With time, he has learned to sustain speeds much better, starting 2016.

Even before debut, Shami was known as very fast and bouncy in Kolkata circles. He got steep bounce for his short height and surprised everybody. 

There was a beautiful article written in cricinfo not too long ago. Cant remember. But it takes about shamis upbringing. Was a nice read. Everyone knew he was a special talent from the moment he played district level cricket. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes he was bowling around 130-135 kph in Aane do series his debut one I guess.  Increased his pace in next year or so. And maintained it for so long. 

He increased his pace from 2016 onwards when he improved his run-up. He used to run with long steps laboured run-up hindering his pace.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

There are plenty of strong bowlers in India. Well capable of fast pace. 

Absolutely, even in the past we had fast bowlers....but it's only under Ganguly the culture of fast bowling was actually started. It's actually dissapointed me when the senior legends like Zak says that Indian's can't bowl fast.
https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076
Nehra even at age of 37-38 was bowling 135, something which Bhuvi rarely touch at the age of 31.

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Absolutely, even in the past we had fast bowlers....but it's only under Ganguly the culture of fast bowling was actually started. It's actually dissapointed me when the senior legends like Zak says that Indian's can't bowl fast.
https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/indian-bodies-not-designed-to-bowl-fast-zaheer-khan-1565076
Nehra even at age of 37-38 was bowling 135, something which Bhuvi rarely touch at the age of 31.

They are just jealous. Zaheer was a trundler so he gets annoyed when he sees so many quick bowlers. Many Indians don't like to see other Indians flourish and succeed. It's their mentality. Can't change it. it is changing slowly however. We are making progress so let's see. 

11 hours ago, Jay said:

For real? Fans wanted that? That's hilarious. No wonder management exclude top pacers

They are mostly casual fans who love mostly batting and sharp spin on Indian pitches

That doesn't show a clear picture and more so depends on regions

I have seen most in my circle who only care about pace and huffing and puffing batsmen

See the other side as well,there are many clips across SM platforms where comment section is loaded with fast bowling appreciations

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

SRH fan army wanted trundler attack of Natarajan, Bhuvi and Jansen..it left only 1 space for a fast bowler. Umran got that.

Pitches are getting slower,so they may have thought of holding speciality of the bowling of their trundlers

Boobie bhaiya again flew under the radar yesterday