IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

18 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pitches are getting slower,so they may have thought of holding speciality of the bowling of their trundlers

Boobie bhaiya again flew under the radar yesterday

Boobie hardly picks wickets these days  ( and never did in LOIs ) ... but no one will say it's because of lack of pace.

Nattu went for 11 runs an over on a not-so-flat deck yesterday. But no one cares.

Umran gets hit in 2 matches and half the Indian ex-cricketers will blame his extra pace.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Boobie hardly picks wickets these days  ( and never did in LOIs ) ... but no one will say it's because of lack of pace.

Nattu went for 11 runs an over on a not-so-flat deck yesterday. But no one cares.

Umran gets hit in 2 matches and half the Indian ex-cricketers will blame his extra pace.

Love for Bhuvi bhaiya is out of the world. I seriously don't understand the rationale behind it.
He is consistenly outbowled by Umesh, Shami, Bumrah and even newbie's like Prasidh, Umran are picking more wickets than him. But Bhuvi Bhaiya's legacy remain unscathed.

Edited by singhvivek141

24 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Haven't seen 1 decent Indian umpire in all these years I have followed cricket, pathetic .Tell me when we have 1.

Indian umpires all seem like chomus who lack self confidence and keep second guessing themselves. Ek bhi dhang ka nahi hai. 

I generally have good memories of Venkataraghavan, everyone else is forgettable. 

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Some even on this forum

Yes I will make the list. They remind me of old uncles that walk around with their hands tied behind their backs and pass loose comments about Indian athletes just to mask their deficiencies. They relish the opportunity to see their own countrymen suffer. Despise seeing our athletes possess better physical ability than Gora athletes. Since they lead miserable lives, these sadists don't wish to see our countrymen succeed. 

Adamant number 1 fraud

Then you have putridevus

There are a few others. 

Ah yes sujatha prakash chewt

All kohli fans basically. 

Closet parkies. 

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

There was a brief period when Bhuvi himself was regularly hitting 140. Might have been around 2016-17 I think. 

He was, but his body wasn't strong enough to handle the stress. Plus he lost his swing in due process, it was a complete horror show.
I think during this time, Bumran emerged, Shami started transforming himself into an all condiiton bowler & Umesh Yadav upscaled his reverse swing skills.

2 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Indian umpires all seem like chomus who lack self confidence and keep second guessing themselves. Ek bhi dhang ka nahi hai. 

I generally have good memories of Venkataraghavan, everyone else is forgettable. 

Jayprakash was also good, even Nithin Menon is better.

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Some even on this forum

We are generally seeing that Umran picks loads of wickets whenever he is bowling 143 k to 153 k. 

So, he should stick to this pace ... no need to bowl either slower or faster as of today.  ( He will probably bowl 145 k to 155 k regularly as his body matures at age 24 or thereabouts, unless hampered by injuries )

And this speed range on a regular basis still makes him the fastest in the world.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Shami was on the money today, saw his last 2 overs and was consistenly in 140-143 range, bowled some superb yorkers and mixed them up hard lengths 

Shami was superb in his first spell too.

Bowled some amazing channel balls at 140 k to 143 k.

But one thing that has gone missing is his rather frequent bouncers. 

Edited by express bowling

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We are generally seeing that Umran picks loads of wickets whenever he is bowling 143 k to 153 k. 

I think he always bowled at this pace only, except one match vs. Delhi. His slower ones (140ish) look unintentional and not disguised to me. The intensity remains the same.

Edited by Chakdephatte

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

So, he should stick to this pace ... no need to bowl either slower or faster as of today.  ( He will probably bowl 145 k to 155 k regularly as his body matures at age 24 or thereabouts, unless hampered by injuries )

And this speed range on a regular basis still makes him the fastest in the world.

I believe he can crank 155+ in some spells with accuracy as he gets more experienced

He needs to sometime do it

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He is runof the mill bowler actually  

of the lefites, this is my personal order of "excitement" in terms of their ceiling: 1. khaleel, 2. dayal, 3. arshdeep = mohsin, 5. mukesh the trundler