IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

23 hours ago, nsareen said:

he is a short bowler, his bounce will be like this.. maybe on bouncy wickets a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has made a effort to bowl a lot more fuller this season, he does have a decent hard length as we saw last year in his debut game and in the A game against SA. Lack of bounce will be his USP in test matches in India. 

12 minutes ago, Vijy said:

of the lefites, this is my personal order of "excitement" in terms of their ceiling: 1. khaleel, 2. dayal, 3. arshdeep = mohsin, 5. mukesh the trundler

Mukesh and trundler? Consistently around 136-142kph and runs in hard. Ahead of all the names above in the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Mukesh and trundler? Consistently around 136-142kph and runs in hard. Ahead of all the names above in the pecking order.

I saw several balls by him in the 120s today and those did not look like slower balls to me. moreover, I really doubt his avg pace is 139 kph, which is what one gets after taking the avg of 136-142. he is a trundler in my book. needs to up his speed by another 3-4 kph - not talking about peak speed here, but avg speed.

28 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I believe he can crank 155+ in some spells with accuracy as he gets more experienced

He needs to sometime do it

That's the key. Some more time.

Let Umran hit 155 k+ when his body and bowling rhythm naturally allows him to.

I feel that a lot of talk in the media about him bowling at 155 k had sort of forced him to change focus from good quality express bowling to achieving speed numbers.

He will eventually cross 155 k effortlessly if he is allowed to blossom by our cricket fraternity.

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I saw several balls by him in the 120s today and those did not look like slower balls to me. moreover, I really doubt his avg pace is 139 kph, which is what one gets after taking the avg of 136-142. he is a trundler in my book. needs to up his speed by another 3-4 kph - not talking about peak speed here, but avg speed.

Sirji garmi th aj,so bowled within himself

He bowled quick in evening matches

16 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Mohsin is surely not run off the mill, but yeah he isnt the best young left armer in the country either. Has got some work to do but has great attributes for LOI cricket

Mohsin gves a Munaf Patel like vibe ... like the effort is missing. 

Ability is surely there but is the attitude and effort there to be a good quick bowler !!

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Mohsin gves a Munaf Patel like vibe ... like the effort is missing. 

Ability is surely there but is the attitude and effort there to be a good quick bowler !!

He's very similar to Thilan Thushara of SL,similar style

With his lackluster approach the bounce won't be that biting either going forward

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

Don't expect anyone to be bowling at full throttle during day games, 40° Mumbai heat with insane humidity levels, no one is trained to play in such conditions. He deffo ain't a trundler, proper wicket taker.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

They are just jealous. Zaheer was a trundler so he gets annoyed when he sees so many quick bowlers. Many Indians don't like to see other Indians flourish and succeed. It's their mentality. Can't change it. it is changing slowly however. We are making progress so let's see. 

Yep they base their opinions on their own silly little perceptions, plus Zak and co are just celebrity coaches, do bare minimum coaching and collect a fat pay check. There were many quick bowlers 10-12 years back to, I can a name a dozen who probably never got a fair run and had genuine ability, Pawan suyal from Delhi was effortless 140kph bowler, parvinder Awana could bowl quick, Abu nechim Ahmed, sudip tyagi, even dinda was a whole hearted bowler, just lacked a proper setup and pathetic coaches who would never bank on a quick bowler in first class cricket instead go with trundlers to run through teams on greenish pitches.