IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

44 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Whole world is talking about him,and want him to bowl to his strength that is fast

And here in India ,Bevda,Chopra saying he should bowl like an ordinary domestic bowler

@express bowling
 @Mosher
 @raki05
  @MultiB48
 @Vijy

What time did Bevda give the interview? :phehe: 

He said some sensible things today like giving him a central contract straight away so that he can train and learn from Bumrah and Shami and he should not be told to cut down on pace.

"He'll get better and better," Shastri said. "You see his bowling once he takes a wicket. Look at the lines he starts bowling as opposed to when he has not got a wicket - that's when he is trying everything, his lines are all over the place. You don't want him to cut down on pace. The last thing you would tell him looking for control, cut down on pace. What you want him to do is get his lines right: if he can bowl that stump line, attack the stumps on a constant basis, varying his lengths, he will trouble [batters].

"If he gets a wicket and new guy comes in, he can really rattle him because he has got the pace, he can keep the bloke on his toes, but it's that line - if he gets into that channel, without cutting his pace it will make a huge difference."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ravi-shastri-in-ipl-2022-srh-sunrisers-hyderabad-promise-you-umran-malik-will-be-a-handful-in-red-ball-cricket-1315567

Edited by Mosher

1 minute ago, Mosher said:

What time did Bevda give the interview? :phehe: 

He said some sensible things today like giving him a central contract straight away so that he can train and learn from Bumrah and Shami and he should not be told to cut down on pace.

"He'll get better and better," Shastri said. "You see his bowling once he takes a wicket. Look at the lines he starts bowling as opposed to when he has not got a wicket - that's when he is trying everything, his lines are all over the place. You don't want him to cut down on pace. The last thing you would tell him looking for control, cut down on pace. What you want him to do is get his lines right: if he can bowl that stump line, attack the stumps on a constant basis, varying his lengths, he will trouble [batters].

"If he gets a wicket and new guy comes in, he can really rattle him because he has got the pace, he can keep the bloke on his toes, but it's that line - if he gets into that channel, without cutting his pace it will make a huge difference."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ravi-shastri-in-ipl-2022-srh-sunrisers-hyderabad-promise-you-umran-malik-will-be-a-handful-in-red-ball-cricket-1315567

Trait of a Bevda,flip maar do

47 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Whole world is talking about him,and want him to bowl to his strength that is fast

And here in India ,Bevda,Chopra saying he should bowl like an ordinary domestic bowler

@express bowling
 @Mosher
 @raki05
  @MultiB48
 @Vijy

Every genuine fast bowler will appreciate Umran, because they know how much effort it takes to bowl fast.
Lee is a genuine fast bowling fan, like Ian Bishop and never backs away from appreciating.
Someone with an extra pace is always an advantage, other things will fall in place gradually as he will gain experience.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

@express bowling
 @Mosher
 @raki05
  @MultiB48
 @Vijy

not just akash chopra, but even shami wants him to become a line-and-length bowler. bloody trundler lovers everywhere

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

not just akash chopra, but even shami wants him to become a line-and-length bowler. bloody trundler lovers everywhere

dude even some of the indians i talk to here in brisbane are ready to insult and throw barbs at umran for not focusing on line and lenght. You dont know how much it boils my blood but i have to hold back as these are some of my mates lol. I keep repeating alomst every week, he is still young dude, he will learn the control later. its best to let him sustain his pace first and get the bounce right which he clearly has. He has a hostile bouncer. Just needs to find one good length to bowl from as his stock ball. Probably back of good length. He will be deadly in the future. 

I would rather have umrna over any other #yexperienced pacer from india in my LOi team including bumrah. 

prasidh umran are 2 that need to be earmarked for all 3 formats tbh. first 2 names on the sheet. add tyagi too. 

cant stand these simpleton morons like aakash. i just cant stand it. i hope to never see such negative people in my life. 

Edited by Jay

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

I change my opinion about him

If he's bowling 150:phehe:

:phehe:   Me too.

He looked a yard quicker today. Was hitting the bat really hard like Bumrah. 

Question is ... if he can bowl 150 k then why was he bowling at 140 k in the earlier games !!

We can only hope that he bowls like this from now on.