IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

:phehe:   Me too.

He looked a yard quicker today. Was hitting the bat really hard like Bumrah. 

Question is ... if he can bowl 150 k then why was he bowling at 140 k in the earlier games !!

We can only hope that he bowls like this from now on.

Do you really think a bowler really knows what pace he is bowling! That they bowl 140 or 150 intentionally. These things just happens. A bowler won't know whether he bowled 135 or 145 without looking at speed gun number.

Edited by rkt.india

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Do you really think a bowler really knows what pace he is bowling! That they bowl 140 or 150 intentionally.

So they aren't aware of their body?

Aren't they aware of their rythm?

That's so simple to guage

Which human can precisely guess what pace are they bowling ?

I can deliberately bowl within myself to stay in control and i can atleast guess im operating at 136-143

Edited by Suhaan

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So they aren't aware of their body?

Aren't they aware of their rythm?

That's so simple to guage

Which human can precisely guess what pace are they bowling ?

I can deliberately bowl within myself to stay in control and i can atleast guess im operating at 136-143

No, you can't guess which pace you are bowling without looking at speed guns. You think you are putting effort and maybe clocking 140 but it's also possible that your best effort gives you the speed of 130. It's also absolutely impossible to judge the difference between 140 and 150 by naked eyes.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Do you really think a bowler really knows what pace he is bowling! That they bowl 140 or 150 intentionally. These things just happens. A bowler won't know whether he bowled 135 or 145 without looking at speed gun number.

I did not mean that a bowler knows his exact speed numbers.

But he knows whether he is bowling with full intensity and effort.

In the last couple of matches, Mohsin was just ambling in and placing the ball  ... in his first spell today he was running in with intent and hitting the deck hard.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I am not sold on Mohsin yet.

Intensity and effort are 2 key aspects of fast bowling ... and both have gone missing in his case in quite a few matches.

Same here.  Khaleel & Yash Dayal seem to have a higher ceiling than him tbh

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Same here.  Khaleel & Yash Dayal seem to have a higher ceiling than him tbh

That's true. Not sold on mohsin but it's more due to fitness which can be worked on. If mohsin and avesh improve fitness they can be very good bowlers.

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's true. Not sold on mohsin but it's more due to fitness which can be worked on. If mohsin and avesh improve fitness they can be very good bowlers.

There is a huge difference between Avesh and Mohsin. Mohsin is just much bigger a talent. Probably one of the best fast bowling talent we have produced. Avesh runs in hard and has to put a lot of effort to bowl 140. Mohsin just ambles in from 10 steps and hits 145 and gets bounce too. Bit of work on his athleticism with strength and conditioning coach Rajamani Prabhu will transform him completely.