IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There is a huge difference between Avesh and Mohsin. Mohsin is just much bigger a talent. Probably one of the best fast bowling talent we have produced. Avesh runs in hard and has to put a lot of effort to bowl 140. Mohsin just ambles in from 10 steps and hits 145 and gets bounce too. Bit of work on his athleticism with strength and conditioning coach Rajamani Prabhu will transform him completely. 

That very true.

Avesh has been playing FC for long and working with the better coaches. Had access to all the training facities. He is pretty much the finished product. 

Mohsin can be improved upon a lot ... BUT he must have the attitude to be a fast bowler. 

Things will become clearer about Mohsin after 6 months to a year 

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That very true.

Avesh has been playing FC for long and working with the better coaches. Had access to all the training facities. He is pretty much the finished product. 

Mohsin can be improved upon a lot ... BUT he must have the attitude to be a fast bowler. 

Things will become clearer about Mohsin after 6 months to a year 

If he comes in India fold, things should change for him.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There is a huge difference between Avesh and Mohsin. Mohsin is just much bigger a talent. Probably one of the best fast bowling talent we have produced. Avesh runs in hard and has to put a lot of effort to bowl 140. Mohsin just ambles in from 10 steps and hits 145 and gets bounce too. Bit of work on his athleticism with strength and conditioning coach Rajamani Prabhu will transform him completely. 

Tbf I wouldn't rule out avesh either. His figures and performances are outstanding in ranji and A tour. He has good natural bounce. Can't write him off. If he works on his fitness he can be a very good bowler. I agree with mohsin. Talent is clearly visible. He is hard to hit. But he needs to work alot on his fitness. A Lot. If he has bumrah type fitness then he can be a top bowler indeed. 

47 minutes ago, Jay said:

Tbf I wouldn't rule out avesh either. His figures and performances are outstanding in ranji and A tour. He has good natural bounce. Can't write him off. If he works on his fitness he can be a very good bowler. I agree with mohsin. Talent is clearly visible. He is hard to hit. But he needs to work alot on his fitness. A Lot. If he has bumrah type fitness then he can be a top bowler indeed. 

Avesh is good for four overs. Longer format his pace comes down drastically.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That's fitness issues bro not talent. He needs to lose 5 6 kilos.

Talent too because he has to put a lot of effort to bowl 140 which is possible to do for four overs but not 20 overs a day. You need bowlers with effortless pace like Umran, Prasidh, Kuldeep, Kartik, even Mohsin. Avesh has turned out to be a taller version of Ashok Dinda. Doesn't have the effortless pace 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Talent too because he has to put a lot of effort to bowl 140 which is possible to do for four overs but not 20 overs a day. You need bowlers with effortless pace like Umran, Prasidh, Kuldeep, Kartik, even Mohsin. Avesh has turned out to be a taller version of Ashok Dinda. Doesn't have the effortless pace 

Dinda was a workhorse type of a bowler, avesh isn't talented enough, no real stand out quality. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That's ok as long as he creates bounce. He has natural bounce. He will still be very good. 130-140 with his bounce is more than deadly.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Watching Pandya bowl today makes me question his role as an all rounder for team India.

Take him in the squad but as a captain and/or a lower order hitter.

You are made the captain of a team when you are actually amongst the top performers consistently and play regularly. 

Appointing someone who plays international cricket once in a blue moon and gets magically fit before IPL will be death of meritocracy. 

Combine this withi his mediocre performances, let alone captaincy he needs to first earn a permanent place in the side. 

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

You are made the captain of a team when you are actually amongst the top performers consistently and play regularly. 

Appointing someone who plays international cricket once in a blue moon and gets magically fit before IPL will be death of meritocracy. 

Combine this withi his mediocre performances, let alone captaincy he needs to first earn a permanent place in the side. 

A captain who always performs is never really the best captain tbh. 

Too much pressure. It's best if you let the side kick be captain. 

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Watching Pandya bowl today makes me question his role as an all rounder for team India.

Pandya is 6th bowler and he bowls well with the new ball

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He is a 5th or 6th bowling option. He is fine the way he is. But he needs to bowl his full quota in odi and not try to hide. That's my only concern.