Jump to content
express bowling

Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Mohsin gves a Munaf Patel like vibe ... like the effort is missing. 

 

Ability is surely there but is the attitude and effort there to be a good quick bowler !!

He's very similar to Thilan Thushara of SL,similar style

With his lackluster approach the bounce won't be that biting either going forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He's very similar to Thilan Thushara of SL,similar style

With his lackluster approach the bounce won't be that biting either going forward

He looks to mix up the pace,his cutters didnt work today ,this pitch has a bit more grass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I saw several balls by him in the 120s today and those did not look like slower balls to me. moreover, I really doubt his avg pace is 139 kph, which is what one gets after taking the avg of 136-142. he is a trundler in my book. needs to up his speed by another 3-4 kph - not talking about peak speed here, but avg speed.

Don't expect anyone to be bowling at full throttle during day games, 40° Mumbai heat with insane humidity levels, no one is trained to play in such conditions. He deffo ain't a trundler, proper wicket taker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jay said:

They are just jealous. Zaheer was a trundler so he gets annoyed when he sees so many quick bowlers. Many Indians don't like to see other Indians flourish and succeed. It's their mentality. Can't change it. it is changing slowly however. We are making progress so let's see. 

Yep they base their opinions on their own silly little perceptions, plus Zak and co are just celebrity coaches, do bare minimum coaching and collect a fat pay check. There were many quick bowlers 10-12 years back to, I can a name a dozen who probably never got a fair run and had genuine ability, Pawan suyal from Delhi was effortless 140kph bowler, parvinder Awana could bowl quick, Abu nechim Ahmed, sudip tyagi, even dinda was a whole hearted bowler, just lacked a proper setup and pathetic coaches who would never bank on a quick bowler in first class cricket instead go with trundlers to run through teams on greenish pitches.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Yep they base their opinions on their own silly little perceptions, plus Zak and co are just celebrity coaches, do bare minimum coaching and collect a fat pay check. There were many quick bowlers 10-12 years back to, I can a name a dozen who probably never got a fair run and had genuine ability, Pawan suyal from Delhi was effortless 140kph bowler, parvinder Awana could bowl quick, Abu nechim Ahmed, sudip tyagi, even dinda was a whole hearted bowler, just lacked a proper setup and pathetic coaches who would never bank on a quick bowler in first class cricket instead go with trundlers to run through teams on greenish pitches.

 

 

 

Add to that Rahul Shukla.

 

One issue was that, apart from Sudip Tyagi, all others were on the shorter side and it's more difficult for such pacers to do well unless one is as skilful as Shami.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prasidh 141.6 k good yorker

 

It was preceded by a slower ball.and a vicious bouncer.

 

Good to see him mixing things up in the death overs. 

 

Definite improvement in his death bowling skills.

 

Last year he may have got hit for 20+ by a rampaging Stoinis. This year he dismisses him.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Nah. Munaf when bowled 140+ used to run in hard and put effort. He slowed down once he started imitating McGrath, started running gingerly.

The only time munaf ran in hard and bowled quick was in the series against wi and a few odi's against England at home. He was apparently express before his debut and bowled some quick spells for Mumbai but suffered two major injuries before his international debut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Add to that Rahul Shukla.

 

One issue was that, apart from Sudip Tyagi, all others were on the shorter side and it's more difficult for such pacers to do well unless one is as skilful as Shami.

Ohh yes, remember shukla bowling real quick in the 2013 cl for RR. Mithun I remember was hitting decent speeds back in 2011 for RR, nathu Singh got wasted and instead India picked the likes of barinder Sean, rishi dhawan In 2016.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bowlers like Avesh n Mohsin don’t excite me. You gotta be strong enough to maintain intensity. If you can’t do it for 4 overs then that’s a problem. Also u can’t do that for one match and then go missing for the next few. 
Getting wickets is a different issue. But fitness is controllable. 

 

Bumrah Prasidh and Umran are the most exciting for me. Would complement each other nicely. Bumrah is totally unique and there’s literally no one in the world that has got Umran pace right now. Now is the time to utilize him. Prasidh has got more aggressive lately n I’m loving that!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh 141.6 k good yorker

 

It was preceded by a slower ball.and a vicious bouncer.

 

Good to see him mixing things up in the death overs. 

 

Definite improvement in his death bowling skills.

 

Last year he may have got hit for 20+ by a rampaging Stoinis. This year he dismisses him.

 

 

DK in one of the interviews on cricbuzz told that Prasidh is a thinking bowler. He has his own mind and makes his own plans.
You shouldn't interfere with his plans much and let him decide what he wants to do. Because he knows his strengths and limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MK55 said:

 

 

Bumrah Prasidh and Umran are the most exciting for me. Would complement each other nicely. Bumrah is totally unique and there’s literally no one in the world that has got Umran pace right now. Now is the time to utilize him. Prasidh has got more aggressive lately n I’m loving that!
 

 

 

Agree strongly .... and I would add Tyagi to that list as my choice too.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Agree strongly .... and I would add Tyagi to that list as my choice too.

 

 

And Kuldeep Sen. Prasidh, Umran, Kartik and Kuldeep is the quartet to groom for future. BCCI must send them to NCA under Troy Cooley for a proper grooming camp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And Kuldeep Sen. Prasidh, Umran, Kartik and Kuldeep is the quartet to groom for future. BCCI must send them to NCA under Troy Cooley for a proper grooming camp.

 

 

Yes.

 

And Tyagi should work on his batting too, so that this bowling attack is possible on faster or bouncier tracks in tests in the near future.

 

7. Jadeja

8. Tyagi

9. Bumrah

10. Umran

11. Prasidh 

Edited by express bowling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Yes.

 

And Tyagi should work on his batting too, so that this bowling attack is possible on faster or bouncier tracks in tests in the near future.

 

7. Jadeja

8. Tyagi

9. Bumrah

10. Umran

11. Prasidh 

Simarjeet looks a very good prospect for red ball cricket unless Dhoni trundelizes him

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Yes.

 

And Tyagi should work on his batting too, so that this bowling attack is possible on faster or bouncier tracks in tests in the near future.

 

7. Jadeja

8. Tyagi

9. Bumrah

10. Umran

11. Prasidh 

Could be the fastest attack ever to have played together. All four bowling 90 mph plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...