IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

3 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Mukesh kumar looked ordinary, nothing special.

How did he leapforged every one to get in to Intnl side. His domestic record is nt that great too.

He is accurate, which is enough to get our domestic batters out.

Same reason the likes of Unadkut, Sakariya are ruling domestic stats.

Mark Wood definitely dint go full tilt. Said how the footmarks were making things difficult. I was surprised he dint hit 150

"Today I was trying to keep my strides short because it was so wet. Usually, I come off a longer run-up now, which has served me well for a couple of years. That's what I feel at ease to do, to charge in and try and let the ball fly. But when you are worried about the front line and you are thinking 'oh, I'm not sure if I am going to slip here or not', it does affect you. So I need to try and clear that out of my mind the next time I come here."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2023-mark-wood-the-odd-one-out-in-fast-bowling-bad-boys-club-1366254

Edited by MK55

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Haha..the accuracy doesnt matter anymore if u dont hv x factor like pace/bounce etc..

Good international players use accurate bowlers in the nets for practice haha..

no wonders..likes of Green and Marsh..hits easily against Indian accurate bowlers 

2 hours ago, MK55 said:

Mark Wood definitely dint go full tilt. Said how the footmarks were making things difficult. I was surprised he dint hit 150

"Today I was trying to keep my strides short because it was so wet. Usually, I come off a longer run-up now, which has served me well for a couple of years. That's what I feel at ease to do, to charge in and try and let the ball fly. But when you are worried about the front line and you are thinking 'oh, I'm not sure if I am going to slip here or not', it does affect you. So I need to try and clear that out of my mind the next time I come here."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2023-mark-wood-the-odd-one-out-in-fast-bowling-bad-boys-club-1366254

He made a mockery of the batters...like of Shaw and Sarfaraz were scared of facing him...wonder what he would have done if he clocked 153-154 clicks

29 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

He made a mockery of the batters...like of Shaw and Sarfaraz were scared of facing him...wonder what he would have done if he clocked 153-154 clicks

Pitch was sticky as well,that made him more hard to face

On good tracks it would not have been that hard,Shaw is not that fazed with pace

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel can hit 144 k/145 k when he is match fit and his average pace is higher than Arshdeep too.

Moreover, Khaleel gets much more bounce with good length balls.

Not disputing that. But currently there isn't much difference . Also I think a fit Mohson Khan has a higher ceiling than either as left arm quicks go 

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

First three games have kind of destroyed any excitement I had for pace bowling, sakariya, unadkat, Mukesh, rishi dhawan should be no where near ipl teams, massive contrast in domestic cricket and ipl, trundlers all around so far bar hangaregekar.

Sen was passed as fit from NCA, he even shared on insta that he's fully fit and raring to go.
Tyagi bowled in the practice matches, he was bowling fast and getting movement both in and out.

It's a dumb decision not to play Sen atleast.

Edited by singhvivek141