Serpico

Pakistan tour of South Africa & Zimbabwe 2021 - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

If I m not wrong , Quota system/something similar killed Zimbabwe cricket as well.  Not saying that they were a powerhouse.  But they were definitely on a transition till the year 2003.  Overall, this is bad publicity for world cricket.   

It wasn't quota that killed Zim cricket -it was board corruption.

Truth is, if I was a South African supporter I would be very unhappy with our players leaving mid series to play a foreign league. Not sure why SA main players couldn't stay back to play this game and then left for IPL. At max, they would have missed first couple of games but is it that big a deal for a tournament that runs for 2 months?

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Truth is, if I was a South African supporter I would be very unhappy with our players leaving mid series to play a foreign league. Not sure why SA main players couldn't stay back to play this game and then left for IPL. At max, they would have missed first couple of games but is it that big a deal for a tournament that runs for 2 months?

why would they? There is a quota system in place, no prospects for white folk, why wouldn’t they want to earn extra money and rapport playing IPL instead of this?

Also SA Board makes more money from the cut they get from IpL than this series who no one cares about outside of Pakistan and hardcore cricket fans like us.

You age right though, fans should be upset about this but nothing much they can do.

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

why would they? There is a quota system in place, no prospects for white folk, why wouldn’t they want to earn extra money and rapport playing IPL instead of this?

Also SA Board makes more money from the cut they get from IpL than this series who no one cares about outside of Pakistan and hardcore cricket fans like us.

You age right though, fans should be upset about this but nothing much they can do.

Agree , white players in SA have no incentive to play for the country  other than getting picked up for IPL and other leagues. They have to secure their financial future during the limited time they have.