How did Dinesh Karthik manage to find a place in 2019 WC team in semi final match?

In 2019 WC When Dhawan (opener) got injured he was replaced by a wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant.

Then we had Vijay Shankar batting at 4 in all important wc games who didn't even have a single international 50.

Then Vijay Shankar got injured and he was replaced by an opener Mayank Agarwal.

Shows how illogical and immature decision making was going on all throughout this.

The team management watched that Nidhidas Trophy final over video( about 180 million views) of Karthik dispatching the none-rounder Soumya Sarkar, and they bought into the hype.

As nice as a guy DK is, that was a truly woeful performance. 6 off 25. I'll never be able to forget it as long as I live.

Edited by Dada's Army

after the pathetic loss, DK said this on cricbuzz.. its a relief to see India getting rid of the monkey off their back.. referring to the pressure India had to keep this incredible streak going.. how on earth the pressure is more on us than on Pak to break it? no wonder this guy did nothing despite numerous chances ( baring that part time bowler bashing against BD )

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

after the pathetic loss, DK said this on cricbuzz.. its a relief to see India getting rid of the monkey off their back.. referring to the pressure India had to keep this incredible streak going.. how on earth the pressure is more on us than on Pak to break it? no wonder this guy did nothing despite numerous chances ( baring that part time bowler bashing against BD )

I thought I heard it wrong. Good to get confirmation. :facepalm: