IPL 2021: As an Indian fan (neutral ) which team’s victory is important?

Global.Baba

Who should win this tournament?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. For the greater good: who should win IPL 2021?

I mean MI winning will it add anything new? Because most of their core are already in the Indian side or on the fringes

CSK has exciting international talent and some over the hill players.

RR too international talent is exciting, Indian talent is alright.

I am picking negatives here to prove a point. I am sure there will be a lot of positives.

for a second wear your India hat instead of a franchise hat and think from India’s perspective whose winning will have the maximum impact in the larger context ?

I am going with RCB: A captain who can finally believe  he can win importance multi-team tournaments, core Indian bowling attack- Siraj,Saini,Chahal,Sundar. Future India prospect: Paddikal. This team winning will be great for Indian cricket 

Ur views and justification please.

Edited by Global.Baba

Choice 1. Anyone but RCB else the already insufferable Kohli PR mafia will become more aggressive. Will only damage our cricket further. 

Choice 2. Will be good to see any team that consistently promotes younger talent and gives them a fair run. Moves our cricket forward.

Choice 3  Will be good for a team under a young captain - DD, RR or Kings XI to win it. Will be great to have captaincy options and kills the debate on TINA

Similar question can be asked for world cricket ... On the topic though, :mi: or any team that is playing attacking cricket that promotes positivity. Players come and go, forms change, what remains is the focus on the brand of cricket that needs to be developed/adapted for the long term 

3 minutes ago, JitenPatel said:

rohit should be more worried about his performances....he has been very mediocre for mumbai as a batsman compared to others...

:mi: had more intensity when Pollard was captain ... Rohit’s inclusion also meant Kishan had to move back to the MO

Edited by zen

Just now, zen said:

:mi: had more intensity when Pollard was captain 

mumbai is so very strong that captain doesn’t matter....rohit as captain is overrated....like you said if rohit sits out entire season and pollard captains mumbai still win....

Just now, JitenPatel said:

mumbai is so very strong that captain doesn’t matter....rohit as captain is overrated....like you said if rohit sits out entire season and pollard captains mumbai still win....

Pollard is an international captain, also captains TKR, which dominated the Caribbean league 

Anyone one will look like a billion $ captain when the real brains is still associated, passing info, motivating and marshaling his troops from the dugout even when he is not on-field.

Wonder how WI are doing under Pollard where Rohit has won tournaments with a bowling attack of Unadkut,Shankar and a very raw Thakur/Siraj.

Rohit struggled a couple of years ago  with the bat but come final, scores runs and then in a pressure situation, calmly walks to even a legend like Malinga and whispers the magic formula and lo and behold :mi: win the IPL.

Did that with Bumrah and lo and behold win Aus 2018

Was flying around taking slip catches in Aus 2020 which was in the end the difference maker as good Indian bowling has been let down by fielding recently.

Even if Rohit scores 0 runs, his presence itself is worth a lot.

I personally would like to see Ro move on and help some other team reach the heights that he took :mi: too. Took some kids with talent and made them men :hail:

Dont let the calm demeanor fool you, there is a vicious cricket brain and batsman behind the cuddly, cute and docile human being.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Anyone one will look like a billion $ captain when the real brains is still associated, passing info, motivating and marshaling his troops from the dugout even when he is not on-field.

Wonder how WI are doing under Pollard where Rohit has won tournaments with a bowling attack of Unadkut,Shankar and a very raw Thakur/Siraj.

Rohit struggled a couple of years ago  with the bat but come final, scores runs and then in a pressure situation, calmly walks to even a legend like Malinga and whispers the magic formula and lo and behold :mi: win the IPL.

Did that with Bumrah and lo and behold win Aus 2018

Was flying around taking slip catches in Aus 2020 which was in the end the difference maker as good Indian bowling has been let down by fielding recently.

Even if Rohit scores 0 runs, his presence itself is worth a lot.

I personally would like to see Ro move on and help some other team reach the heights that he took :mi: too. Took some kids with talent and made them men :hail:

Dont let the calm demeanor fool you, there is a vicious cricket brain and batsman behind the cuddly, cute and docile human being.

I can recommend some fantasy films if you want to time pass 

On topic though why are people voting for Dehi 

do we need to see Rahane,Dhawan,Ashwin back in the reckoning?

other players are Axar Patel who has been around for a decade.

Only Pant and Shaw are the real future and Shaw has been off color in internationals.

Rest are inter talents.

No real upside.

So no Mi,RR,CSK and DC for me right now which fit the criteria.

I am in favor of RCB but let me think through about SRH,KKR and Punjab

On topic though why are people voting for Dehi 

do we need to see Rahane,Dhawan,Ashwin back in the reckoning?

I wanna see ashwin back in t20s

other players are Axar Patel who has been around for a decade.

Only Pant and Shaw are the real future and Shaw has been off color in internationals.

Rest are inter talents.

No real upside.

So no Mi,RR,CSK and DC for me right now which fit the criteria.

I am in favor of RCB but let me think through about SRH,KKR and Punjab

37 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Agree that currently DC has only 1-2 good Ind players to spend much time on ... Take Pant out and it is probably a boring side with Dhawan, Rahane, Iyer, Ashwin, etc. :yawn2:

SRH: Because Bhuvi will be in prime form and maybe even win purple cap if SRH win. Will be great for us in WTC and wt20.

RCB: Kohli will finally learn some tricks/points on how to captain an LOI team. Right now he is a deer caught in headlights with no idea of a tournament captaincy.