Virat vs Rohit - Head to head as IPL captains

sage

33 minutes ago, Adamant said:

By batting well in IPL and earning their spots bcoz of their own ability. 

They wouldn't have that chance if Rohit didn't believe in them and give chances. Ishan especially was given a 2nd chance as he was dropped from the team and he was a non-starter in the 11.

Edited by Stan AF
56 minutes ago, sage said:

Total number of matches played: 29

Matches won by MI: 19

Matches won by RCB: 10

Till 2013 the H2H was even..RCB and MI won 5 match each. Both were mid table teams with some sparks.

Since then, when the respective captains took over, it's 14/5 in favour of MI (last one won by RCB in super over).

And since 2016 when Kohli became the India captain, the record is 8/2 in favour of MI. Rohit seems to have got that extra motivation since then :phehe:

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

So Rohit extracts the best out of players.. :hysterical:

So how come the same SKY and Kishan did well under Kohli in the last series. 

As for pollard, the guy was smoking sixes in various t20 leagues and was in the form of his life last year. 

Relating a batman's performance with captaincy shows the cricket illiteracy, a good player can score well under any freaking captain. 

they FIRST did well under Rohit and came to Kohli as finished products. 

Pollard has been past it for a long time but Rohit still knows how to use it best. 

Man management is the WHOLE point of captaincy, if getting best use out of players didnt matter, no team would need a captain except for toss

36 minutes ago, New guy said:

they FIRST did well under Rohit and came to Kohli as finished products. 

Pollard has been past it for a long time but Rohit still knows how to use it best. 

Man management is the WHOLE point of captaincy, if getting best use out of players didnt matter, no team would need a captain except for toss

Bhai get over it. 

Rohit is no connoisseur infact no one is, they are all third class chauthi fail. 

A player deserves credit when he plays a good innings not the captain. 

On 2018 tour to aus Pant was our second best batsman under Kohli, how did that happen even though Kohli can't get the best out of a player? 

The reality is that this is all BS, credit goes to the player himself. 

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Till 2013 the H2H was even..RCB and MI won 5 match each. Both were mid table teams with some sparks.

Since then, when the respective captains took over, it's 14/5 in favour of MI (last one won by RCB in super over).

And since 2016 when Kohli became the India captain, the record is 8/2 in favour of MI. Rohit seems to have got that extra motivation since then :phehe:

I think some of those wins also have come because of ABD's exploits like the one last year or that 133* vs MI he got some time back.

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@zen I don't understand the point you are trying to make with those batting statistics. Rohit Sharma has contributed to building the :mi: team franchise. He has selected and nurtured a set of players.

If Kohli has *only* ABDV, he has himself to blame. In 8 years he couldn't develop a support system in the RCB squad. 

I would have liked to compare win ratios in knock out games for the two captains. But Kohli's team wouldn't provide for many data points.

The point is that first a player should be good enough to make it to the side as a batsman!

There is a team that scouts and selects players in IPL.  Appears as if you have started to believe  that Sharma actually picked SDP, Bumrah, etc., and maybe even himself :lol: 

If Kohli is not a good captain, groom a youngster, who can serve Ind for more years. Rohit can be a good captain but his boat may have passed as a batsman when considering the long term impact

Also I like to steer away from the “propaganda” of Rohit fanboys, many are Sachin fanatics now supporting Rohit, who have habitually written against other Ind players whether Gavaskar, Dravid or whoever (now Kohli) as they are as good as or better than Sachin :no: 

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Sharma made choozaas like Pandya into the crowing roosters they are today. The only downside is that now we have to suffer your cringe af 'nicknames' for them.

Ok and I guess, himself, Kishan, R Chahar,  QdK, Jensen, Pollard, Malinga, Boult, etc., too :rolleyes:

Edited by zen
13 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Uff, the searing comeback of this witless bore. Yeah, you better spend your days coming up with gems like SDP

For me to make a “comeback”, you would have to be ahead first ... and to be ahead, you first have to not be so fragile :laugh1:

9 hours ago, Adamant said:

So Rohit extracts the best out of players.. :hysterical:

So how come the same SKY and Kishan did well under Kohli in the last series. 

As for pollard, the guy was smoking sixes in various t20 leagues and was in the form of his life last year. 

Relating a batman's performance with captaincy shows the cricket illiteracy, a good player can score well under any freaking captain. 

Captaincy has value during bowling ( attack) and chase in death overs ( order) again attack.  It has value during middle overs in odi batting with the order ( but only contibutive). Captaincy has value in players feeling secure enough to play freely. Someone who is not trust worthy cant be a captain, Rohit is more trusted than kohli. Thats abt it everything else is fluff I agree. 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Uff, the searing comeback of this witless bore. Yeah, you better spend your days coming up with gems like SDP

I dislike the term SDP from @zen dislike this @sarchasm  guy more because of his general douchebagary.. really divided in down voting up voting this damn. Let me up vote the douchebag cause he is right a douche you can walk away but a cringe troll you can't.