Asking to play Sundar over Dhawan as opener in LOIs was a very poor analysis by ICF

15 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Even last IPL, which was just a few months ago, Shikhar did pretty well. For me Rahul and Rohit make most sense but yes lets see how IPL goes. 

This forum once starts disliking a players tears him down without looking at the results.

Dhawan is a better LOI batsman than what Sundar will ever be, if we want to replace Dhawan we should go with Shaw as he has the explosiveness which the old version of Dhawan lacks. 

Please stop this ****iyapa of picking any random Tom, Dick and harry over senior veterans. Mtlb kuch bhi bhaunk do....

If anyone thinks that Sundar will ever be a good loi opener then he lacks basic cricket iq. 

Edited by Adamant
20 hours ago, express bowling said:

You are basing this on what ?

Dhawan is more than good enough to play ODI for 2-3 years more. Gill at this point lacks the extra gear and he needs a lot more time than just two years to maximize his game for ODI formats and perform better than Dhawan. Dhawan also is a left hander which helps.

4 hours ago, dilliboy said:

The disrespect to Dhawan - one of India's greatest LOI batsmen ever is really shocking 

Rohit fanboys usually do that as it can be difficult to accomodate all 3 from Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli, and Kohli is captain, so it is Dhawan, who is targeted 

Though I would prefer to give a run to youngsters esp. in T20s 

13 hours ago, Adamant said:

Dhawan is a better LOI batsman than what Sundar will ever be, if we want to replace Dhawan we should go with Shaw as he has the explosiveness which the old version of Dhawan lacks. 

Please stop this ****iyapa of picking any random Tom, Dick and harry over senior veterans. Mtlb kuch bhi bhaunk do....

If anyone thinks that Sundar will ever be a good loi opener then he lacks basic cricket iq. 

Shikhar is an ICC beast. We would have won the WC if Dhawan played vs England and n.z on the way to semis. 

Although I do love the idea of testing out young ins like Kishan over Kohli and Rohit or even Dhawan. 

On 4/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, Khota said:

Wait till IPL and then make a decision.

To me Kohli, Rahul, Dhawan and Sharma are top bats for India. R

Dhawan is a tried and tested failure in T20Is. no need to wait for ipl to arrive at an opinion on a TTF. some players are just IPL bullies like Dhawan

3 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

How? Dhawan has a sub-30 average and strikes at a sub-130 SR in t20is. These are mediocre numbers for somebody who’s opened in 60 something innings

He has never been given a decent run. Moreover these numbers have no context none whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

He has never been given a decent run. Moreover these numbers have no context none whatsoever.

I will give you some context. He played in last two WT20s and averaged 10 with strike rate of 83 

but of course, we should play him in two more worldcups just in case he will start performing after his 100th match

18 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I will give you some context. He played in last two WT20s and averaged 10 with strike rate of 83 

but of course, we should play him in two more worldcups just in case he will start performing after his 100th match

Tournament beashtt:hysterical:

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

65 T20Is are not decent run for you?  :hysterical: will he start delivering after 100 matches?

I can analyze the data but that takes time.

Let me give you a simple requirement in the last T20. He did not do well in the first game and was dropped but Rahul who did worst was persisted. Do you now get the context.

And I have said it a million times and I will repeat again, cricket averages as shown  mean nothing to me. Nothng.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Let me give you a simple requirement in the last T20. He did not do well in the first game and was dropped but Rahul who did worst was persisted. Do you now get the context.

So they persisted with a player who actually performed in the past, what's the problem here?