Dinesh Kartik (the finisher) Watch thread- the last piece missing in our batting squad **POLL ADDED**

Ankit_sharma03

Do you agree with ankit_sharma's opinion about Dinesh Karthik?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with ankit_sharma's opinion about Dinesh Karthik?

19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ho gaya logic khatam, random bakwas shuru

How difficult is to understand u pick players for role not pick players and then find whatever roles 

Tu psychiatrist hai ?

Wasnt nidhas final a pressure situation? 

U nput anyone in wrong position and numbers wud be a problem

Yuvraj singh wont have become yuvraj had he been not promoted at 4

Rohit wont have become rohit 

kaise aayega samajh when u cant differentiate between format and roles .......nahin aayega samjh 

Every player has a weakness, put kohli, rohit  at 6-7 and we ll see what he does 

Only very few fit many roles and they are top gun and in a team u cant 11 player who can be flexible for every job

If u cant understand format, role difference no one will be able to comprehend to you. 

Lol at the amount of keystrokes you wasted on this guy. All you had to do was wait for his next innings. :giggle::phehe::cantstop:

1 minute ago, Texan said:

Lol at the amount of keystrokes you wasted on this guy. All you had to do was wait for his next innings. :giggle::phehe::cantstop:

Awww u see u shud hold ur pre mature- ejacu....its just one game. Others finishers like pollard, russell, pandya all failed. So jo one performs every game....not bowlers not even openers but finishers shud finish every game . Even young guys like samad , parag, samson cudnt but yea u dk shud every game . 

The tittle says watch thread....so its to look how does thsi season. 

Hota kya hai na kal ko usne perform kr diya to muh chupate firoge. I aint a fragile mind like you so i knw what i wrote n thought. He has the abilty n performance as finishers ....but end point is same for everyone peform n go ahead. Thats why watch thread is the tittle 

Just now, Straight Drive said:

Has been an failure at international level. Batted like a debutant today in a run a ball chase. Kohli might still pick him over other better youngsters more suited for this format. Will be a shame if selection panel has not learned anything from his past career.

Ohh yea as if it was so easy that u cud have gone n finished instead. Dnt knw why these so called finishers russell, pollard , morgan failed. Openers and bowlers are allowd but finishers arent ...weird 

Just now, Texan said:

Looks like blah blah blah is going to continue. Cannot argue with blind worshippers. Keep his idol in your closet and worship it everyday :cantstop:

Blind follower....1st follow my posts...

I have bashed anyone who has suggested who takes his name in test and odi. Ill bash anyone eho suggest him to bat in top 4 t20. But what who am i explaining ...for u its all same...test, odi, t20... Middle order, opening....red ball, white ball ....sab saala same hai. Kuch dinno men left hander right hander bhi same dikhenge

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ohh yea as if it was so easy that u cud have gone n finished instead. Dnt knw why these so called finishers russell, pollard , morgan failed. Openers and bowlers are allowd but finishers arent ...weird 

You are so defensive that you now expect fans to go and chase.

I repeat he is 35+.

He's an proven failure at international level.

He is struggling to even chase run a ball and choked like South African cricketer would.

India needs to get rid of same senior cricketers being reselected even when they aren't for for the format.

There is a need for youngsters who play better T20i cricket than these failed guys so that someday we can actually win second T20i cup.

Don't try to bring up 10 ball crap again. England players try to score of every ball not just 10 balls. Don't come up with outdated concepts that only 10 balls need to be played well.

Do not compare IPL with T20i level even if he has success here. Difference in quality of opponents.

Edited by Straight Drive

14 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Fattu batting by DK tonight, he was too much into Dhoni mode of "I ll take all the risk in last over" & it was a epic fail. 

It hasnt been an easy pitch for finishers all of them have failed. Even in game 1 dan failed who is a top finisher in BBL. Abdv , maxi scored coz they were set. Looks like opposition also have discovered wide length issue in DK. If dk fails to overcome it , its over for him coz the skill set of him that in interested in is range and if he gets found out those skills set wont matter. He has one job so needs to have every answer . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

There is a need for youngsters who play better T20i cricket than these failed guys so that someday we can actually win second T20i cup.

Did samad, parag finish the game ? 

Age is overrated.....performance matters and if he doesnt perform ill be the 1st to say dnt take him. U need to look at every option ,age shudnt be even a criteria. The idea is to make best team and not U-19 team. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Don't try to bring up 10 ball crap again. England players try to score of every ball not just 10 balls. Don't come up with outdated concepts that only 10 balls need to be played well.

A finisher will face 10-15 balls most days in t20. The day he has to face 15 overs the game  is already over. If u start looking for players who can 120 balla at finishing then u shud be looking at gill not at pandya or samad coz even samad says in his interview that till date i havent played 100 balls in any innings in any format. 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Did samad, parag finish the game ? 

Age is overrated.....performance matters and if he doesnt perform ill be the 1st to say dnt take him. U need to look at every option ,age shudnt be even a criteria. The idea is to make best team and not U-19 team. 

When did I say Parag or Samad is finisher. Can you show me the post.

If age is not criteria then why not pick Dhoni and Harbhajan if they win couple of matches for franchisees. Pack the team with has been players with outdated approach to T20i cricket. Why only the love for Karthik. Let's not talk about Karthiks performance. We have seen he is failure at international level. Do not get fooled by him winning one or two matches a season in IPL. With his experience he should be winning more matches for KKR than any other player in Indian conditions. But he can't even do that for KKR.

Edited by Straight Drive

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

A finisher will face 10-15 balls most days in t20. The day he has to face 15 overs the game  is already over. If u start looking for players who can 120 balla at finishing then u shud be looking at gill not at pandya or samad coz even samad says in his interview that till date i havent played 100 balls in any innings in any format. 

Pandya is a much better T20i batsman than Karthik. Pandya has proved he is one of India's best LOI batsman. Karthik does not even deserves to be in international team, we have all seen his long career.

As for Gill, he does not has approach of T20 format. He is like Rahane who bats at poor strike rate in T20i.

12 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

When did I say Parag or Samad is finisher. Can you show me the post.

Isme bolna kya hai they are that 

12 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

If age is not criteria then why not pick Dhoni and Harbhajan if they win couple of matches for franchisees. Pack the team with has been players with outdated approach to T20i cricket. Why only the love for Karthik. Let's not talk about Karthiks performance. We have seen he is failure at international level. Do not get fooled by him winning one or two matches a season in IPL. With his experience he should be winning more matches for KKR than any other player in Indian conditions. But he can't even do that for KKR.

When was the last time dhoni won a game 

Bhajji- his side doesnt play him or give him overs

till the time ppl dnt look at skill set over individuals this wud be hard to get. Im look at a certain kind of skill set that he brings and other dont , its called range hitting . Hardik brings the power hitting and so does samad so they are similar players. To counter guys whom hardik or someone like russell can have an issue u need a player who uses range. It doesnt mean i love him or something, if that was the case i wud have said lets plays him in every format . We have openers, floaters middle order player and a hard hitting finishing but if we get a range hitter as well it will give great dimension to batting. Kishen, Samad doesnt have range game and lacks experience which is very important for pressure situation. Every player has strength and weakness so use their strength in right areas. We have often criticized guys like shankar on t20 cricket, erre but thats not their area na . So DK brings a different dimension and he has his own strength n weakness. This range game is his strength which in India only SKY has or a peak uthappa had, KL also has it but he is at top and so is sky . Its like in bowling we take different kind of bowler with different skill set. Dont we say lets play mayank on indian pitches in test, same thing lets use his strength to best. So his failure in 50 overs doesn't matter coz its t20 , his failure in top or middle order in t20 doesnt matter coz its finishing. Now its upto him to perform n go ahead , if he doesnt game over. Which is why said dnt just look at his plain stats last yr ..look where he failed n where he scored. His numbers were bang opposite when he played as finisher. IF u have a chance of taking 22 player why not cover all bases, whats the point of taking similar players who provide similar skill set, havent that hurted us in past. Now ur talking about dhoni, hasnt he played as finisher in international cricket t20 and failed for so many yrs.

DK as finishers in international t20 

at 6 avg of 47 and s/r 140+

at 7 avg 80 and s/r 250+ 

This is the role im looking at and these are the only numbers that shud matter. Its like judging shubhman gill for his opening by his stats when he played as finisher for KKR , erre obviously ull judge him by his opening stats na 

So this is what im looking at and i did mention his numbers against bumrah, starc, archer top death bowlers. I made a similar point about ashwin in t20 although ill have him in all format, that we need someone to counter left handers and he is the best in the county. If he fails then fine it was our best shot. 

I said the same about Axar in test series when ppl questioned by not nadeem , same answer certain skill set in certain condition n situation. Cricket is a game of situation and condition. 

Its simple i have this idea, obviously it cud fail but their is no point doing same thing over and over years . I have had similar conversation regd even pandya , the reason was a skill set he has which no one has. U need to look at skill sets not individuals .

Now its his watch thread- if he perform fine for me or else game over for him. 

Hope i have answered all ur queries 

28 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Pandya is a much better T20i batsman than Karthik. Pandya has proved he is one of India's best LOI batsman. Karthik does not even deserves to be in international team, we have all seen his long career.

As for Gill, he does not has approach of T20 format. He is like Rahane who bats at poor strike rate in T20i.

Different skill sets 

Pandya Power hitter- Samad falls in same category . Pollard, russell too 

DK range hitter, uthappa was another 

SKY is one guy who can do both but he is batting up and hasnt played s finisher for long. 

Rarely ull come across a batsman with both- Butler, ABDV, Maxwell are just few exampled 

Just dont do plain comparison, ur on cricketing forum ..dissect a lil deeper

7 minutes ago, Bread_Pitt said:

Good god. 

@Khotawhat is this yaar

On 4/10/2021 at 12:33 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

good god....what to do with ppl who read half my statements

About sundar- Sundar is quality to try as opener, works or not is separate. Not that he is my choice, my choice is Pant in ODI and Rahul in t20 . Other ppls choice have been shaw, devdutt, mayank 

About Dhawan-

• yes he is great ODI player but time to move on, we need a change in strategy and one of three has to go which has to be dhawan unfortunately . This love for individuals is the biggest harm for a team. 
  • In t20- dhawan is and has always been a below avg player

About all rounders - :hysterical:

news channel men kaam krta hai kya jo adha statement dalta hai