Arshdeep Singh fan club

Global.Baba

I am leaving this here so that those with zero understanding of fast bowling can come back after some time and realize that they don't have the eye for talent. 

Arshdeep Singh is not international quality, let alone tests, he would get clobbered in international odis and t20is. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

I am leaving this here so that those with zero understanding of fast bowling can come back after some time and realize that they don't have the eye for talent. 

Arshdeep Singh is not international quality, let alone tests, he would get clobbered in international odis and t20is. 

Me too. I am not big on him but can't argue with his results in t20 though. Have to reward players at some point. Only 22. 

We have too many young talented bowlers now anyway. Prasidh tyagi umran avesh etc. 

On 4/25/2022 at 6:52 PM, Jay said:

Arshdeep is also lot taller than I thought. We needed one or 2 tall pacers with good bounce for variation. 

Arshdeep  190 cm aka 6'3

Krishna - 6'3

Tyagi - 6'3

Kuldeep sen 6'2

Porel 6'3 

no need for trundler porel. rest are good. kuldeep is a bit raw though.

42 minutes ago, nevada said:

Count me in. He is a smart operator and bowls well under pressure. However, I think he is good for the IPL and am not looking at him as an international prospect yet. Good club cricketers may not transition into good international level cricketers and that's fine. They are still valuable assets in club cricket.

He is bowling to international cricketers, not just club cricketers.

14 hours ago, Adamant said:

Intangibles like "international quality" aren't in a state of stasis. People improve with time. And with exposure. And Arshdeep is doing all he can for his franchise now.

Think of it this way, last year he was quite ineffective. So much so, that he was meme material. This season people are taking notice. Two seasons down the line, he could be a world beater. Who knows!

23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Intangibles like "international quality" aren't in a state of stasis. People improve with time. And with exposure. And Arshdeep is doing all he can for his franchise now.

Think of it this way, last year he was quite ineffective. So much so, that he was meme material. This season people are taking notice. Two seasons down the line, he could be a world beater. Who knows!

Arshdeep was one of the best last year too with 18 wickets in 12 games and respectable ER of 8.27. In fact, he doesn't have wickets this year.

Whether he may or may not be an international material is a different question, but considering his performance across the seasons, he looks like a bowler who clearly knows what his strengths are and is able to execute them consistenly.
Also, I am happy to see that he has upped his pace from 128-135 range to 135-142. 

We have handed over India cap to Sakariya, Unadkut in the past...and Arshdeep is better than them.

55 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I disagree with you here,  the problem with Arshdeep is that he is one of those bowlers who relies on pace changes, doesn't move the ball much and doesn't get steep bounce and bowls 135-142 and that too in t20s. Combine this with the fact that his ball kisses the surface instead of hitting it hard, these type of bowlers don't succeed in international cricket. 

The problem starts from his earlier years and it would take a hell lot of effort to change that, his bowling style is vanilla and he offers nothing unique. 

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

I disagree with you here,  the problem with Arshdeep is that he is one of those bowlers who relies on pace changes, doesn't move the ball much and doesn't get steep bounce and bowls 135-142 and that too in t20s. Combine this with the fact that his ball kisses the surface instead of hitting it hard, these type of bowlers don't succeed in international cricket. 

The problem starts from his earlier years and it would take a hell lot of effort to change that, his bowling style is vanilla and he offers nothing unique. 

Imo if you don't have a killer bouncer or aren't able to consistently get lift off surface then you should quit test and odi cricket. Yea you can be a swing trundler but you have to be like God tier in your ability to seam the ball off the surface which means your wrist has to flick downwards post release. It straps your wrist alot and it's not easy. Plus you need to compensate by being a decent hitter/batsman. 

There is a reason why philtrundler sucked donkey balls in Asia. He sucks when there is nothing on the pitch and when the ball stops moving around. 

I absolutely despise such bowlers. I cannot stand trundlers in general. 

Mcgrath was not a trundler. He bowled 130-138 which is pretty good with potent ability to hit outside off and ofocurse natural or consistent bounce. 

18 hours ago, Adamant said:

You plead your case with far too much logic and technical know-how of bowling. Makes for a very dull arguement.

In matters of grave importance, its style and not substance or sincerity that counts.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, Adamant said:

He is quicker and bouncier than what he was last year so that is a plus. Bowlers like him and Harshal will do well for 20-30 games which is what we should take advantage of. Not everyone is destined to have a long international career. Having a good head on one's shoulders counts for more than skill sometimes. In a crunch last over scenario I would back this guy over Bumrah atm. 

Edited by rollingstoned

On 4/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, Adamant said:

,  the problem with Arshdeep is that he is one of those bowlers who relies on pace changes, doesn't move the ball much and doesn't get steep bounce and bowls 135-142 and that too in t20s. Combine this with the fact that his ball kisses the surface instead of hitting it hard, these type of bowlers don't succeed in international cricket. 

Very well put.

Arshdeep has a good head on his shoulders but that should be coupled with atlesst 1 prominent bowling tool that is exceptional too ... and he has none as of today. 

He may succeed till the novelty lasts in international cricket ... but I would rather go for someone who can do well for 7 to 8 years atleast.

Choosing a short term prospect for immediate gains means we are blocking a spot for a potential long term candidate too.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

He is quicker and bouncier than what he was last year so that is a plus. Bowlers like him and Harshal will do well for 20-30 games which is what we should take advantage of. Not everyone is destined to have a long international career. Having a good head on one's shoulders counts for more than skill sometimes. In a crunch last over scenario I would back this guy over Bumrah atm. 

Are you saying bunrah is mentally weak? I am agreeing btw if you are inplying that. Although he does have some really stellar performances in tests. I think he is as good as Cummins in tests and probably top 2 in the world. 

In LOI I feel he is vastly overrated and mentally weak. Based on results. 

On 4/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Jay said:

Are you saying bunrah is mentally weak? I am agreeing btw if you are inplying that. Although he does have some really stellar performances in tests. I think he is as good as Cummins in tests and probably top 2 in the world. 

In LOI I feel he is vastly overrated and mentally weak. Based on results. 

Bumrah lacks that bounce that Arshdeep can generate.  On a good fast bouncy pitch he can be handful. But on docile surface due to height Arhsdeep extracts more bounce.