India's best reserve XI ?

Predator_05

Did anyone watch Yo Mahesh bowl? How good was he? Was supposed to be one of India's brightest pace prospects 2 years ago.
Nope.. Not upto standard. Average pace ( 128 - 134), VERY poor control ( lots of full-tosses).

Nope.. Not upto standard. Average pace ( 128 - 134)' date=' VERY poor control ( lots of full-tosses).[/quote'] It was just one game though. He does seem moderately talented.
Oh that's disappointing' date=' I remembering him clocking 140+ many times in the U19 WC he played in 2006. Looks like he fell for the 'Great Indian Line & Lenght' trick.[/quote'] You may have mis-remembered? This has been the case with many assumptions of bowlers slowing down. For example, many ask for the Munaf Patel who bowled 150kph, but he never bowled 150kph and only ever topped at 145kph.

dhawan khaleel(w)(although he is in icl, but the icl ban will most likely be removed by 2009) rahane raina badrinath© virat kohli ravindra jadeja gony ojha ali murtaza(although he is in icl, but the icl ban will most likely be removed by 2009) pankaj singh
Why would the icl ban be removed in 2009? Where'd you get that information?

Why would the icl ban be removed in 2009? Where'd you get that information?
no info about that, but the icl ban wont be there for too long. icl is even starting a 4-day competition next year, so that could help in the icl ban gatting removed

no info about that' date=' but the icl ban wont be there for too long. icl is even starting a 4-day competition next year, so that could help in the icl ban gatting removed[/quote'] Well yea but the 4-day competition is probably going to be only for the indian players who're banned from domestic cricket and miss the longer version of the game. I doubt the BCCI would ever relent.. I think you're being quite optimistic in saying the ban would be removed in about a year. I really wish that would happen though.

Dhawan Rahane Raina Tiwary Virat Kohli* Jadeja Karthik+ Gony Ojha Trivedi Sangwan This sounds good. If we actually look past just youngsters alone, my line-up would be this Dhawan Rahane Raina Tiwary Virat Kohli* Kaif Karthik+ Gony Murali Karthik Agarkar Sangwan
None of you have mentioned Parthiv Patel in your team. I haven't seen his keeping recently but he was fine in the Irani Trophy last year. And please, we don't need Agarkar in our second XI. BTW, are you people choosing our second XI for T20? If so, the seamers will certainly be Munaf, Sangwan (we haven't seen him in any T20 though), YoMahesh and Bhatia. I'll choose Mumbai's Abhishek Nayar too. Batsmen will be Dhawan, Rahane, Patel, Raina, Tiwari and Badri. Spinner will be Ojha, though he needs to have better control, Jadeja and Abdullah. Wonder why Sudeep Tyagi and Gagandeep Singh are in none of the teams!

None of you have mentioned Parthiv Patel in your team. I haven't seen his keeping recently but he was fine in the Irani Trophy last year. And please, we don't need Agarkar in our second XI. BTW, are you people choosing our second XI for T20? If so, the seamers will certainly be Munaf, Sangwan (we haven't seen him in any T20 though), YoMahesh and Bhatia. I'll choose Mumbai's Abhishek Nayar too. Batsmen will be Dhawan, Rahane, Patel, Raina, Tiwari and Badri. Spinner will be Ojha, though he needs to have better control, Jadeja and Abdullah. Wonder why Sudeep Tyagi and Gagandeep Singh are in none of the teams!
This second eleven is for ODIs. Not many of us have seen Sangwan, so cant really comment.

Honestly, I see us totally dominating the limited overs scene ( both 50 overs and 20/20) in the next few years. Our FC cricketers are getting exposure to international class competition and a wide range of pressure situations and the more they play, the better they will get. Currently, our second string eleven will give ANY international team a run for its money and we havent even crossed the first fortnight of IPL. Imagine what the situation will be like, 2 or 3 years down the line.