Sehwag Is An Indian Legend

Cricketics

He has played innumerable innings like that in his life. :P One difference with Sachin playing like that his shots look extremely graceful but a thousand times more annoying to the bowler that he dismisses them like that. Go Sachin. :D
Innumerable ? Go on, name a few. Tendulkar has never played an innings THAT fast. I guess maybe the 80 something scored against NZ when he was first promoted to the opener's slot in '94 might count, but he took 49 balls for it - Sehwag's 94 came off just 41 balls.

Innumerable ? Go on' date=' name a few. Tendulkar has never played an innings THAT fast. I guess maybe the 80 something scored against NZ when he was first promoted to the opener's slot in '94 might count, but he took 49 balls for it - Sehwag's 94 came off just 41 balls.[/quote'] dude that was played in 1994 wen no one knew ppl cud play those kind of innings..that innings was special in many ways..coz he was asked to open for the first time..and it was a 50 over game man..nowadays everyone plays this kind of innings..its too common..u cant compare sachins 84 against NZ and sehwags 20 20 innings..but to be honest sachin hasnt treated anyone like this hitting the bowler for 30 runs in a single over..i guess his treatment to Henry Olonga was the maximum damage he has ever done..coz he wanted to smash him out of the park everytime olonga came into the attack..i had never seen sachin in such a mood..

dude that was played in 1994 wen no one knew ppl cud play those kind of innings..that innings was special in many ways..coz he was asked to open for the first time..and it was a 50 over game man..nowadays everyone plays this kind of innings..its too common..u cant compare sachins 84 against NZ and sehwags 20 20 innings..but to be honest sachin hasnt treated anyone like this hitting the bowler for 30 runs in a single over..i guess his treatment to Henry Olonga was the maximum damage he has ever done..coz he wanted to smash him out of the park everytime olonga came into the attack..i had never seen sachin in such a mood..
I'm not comparing one with the other, and I grew up in the "Tendulkar era" so i am well aware of his achievements. I am just saying that you could never expect Tendulkar to play the kind of innings Sehwag did today. I don't think he can replicate an innings of 50+ at 2 runs a ball. That's not a slight on Tendulkar. Sehwag is an exceptionally fast run-scorer, one with very few equals in the game - regardless of whether the format in question is T20, ODIs or Test cricket.

I'm not comparing one with the other, and I grew up in the "Tendulkar era" so i am well aware of his achievements. I am just saying that you could never expect Tendulkar to play the kind of innings Sehwag did today. I don't think he can replicate an innings of 50+ at 2 runs a ball. That's not a slight on Tendulkar. Sehwag is an exceptionally fast run-scorer, one with very few equals in the game - regardless of whether the format in question is T20, ODIs or Test cricket.
He'll deliver the unexpected. Okay, I'll stop now with the random Sachin is the greatest at everything replies. I agree that Sehwag is unique in his fast-scoring abilities.

He'll deliver the unexpected. Okay, I'll stop now with the random Sachin is the greatest at everything replies. I agree that Sehwag is unique in his fast-scoring abilities.
ishi baat pe apne sig pe ek dilli daredevils ki bhi baar lagalo.. :two_thumbs_up:

Innumerable ? Go on' date=' name a few. Tendulkar has never played an innings THAT fast. I guess maybe the 80 something scored against NZ when he was first promoted to the opener's slot in '94 might count, but he took 49 balls for it - Sehwag's 94 came off just 41 balls.[/quote'] 72 from 27 balls Link :P

10 over max and 2 inngs.. what match was it, i have seen this kind of format for the 1st time. Was it an international match,
This 'Max Cricket' was Martin Crowe's idea that never really took off. This particular game was the tour opener for India during the 2002 series v NZ.

No one can stop me on my day: Sehwag After his buccaneering unbeaten 94 against the Deccan Chargers on Tuesday, Sehwag said no one can really stop him when he gets going. More... No one can stop me on my day: Sehwag PTI HYDERABAD: After his buccaneering unbeaten 94 powered Delhi Daredevils to a comprehensive win against the Deccan Chargers on Tuesday night, Virender Sehwag said no one can really stop him when he gets going and it was one of those days. After the hosts put on a modest 142 for 8 in their allotted 20 overs, Sehwag led from the front and slammed an unbeaten explosive 41-ball knock of 94 to guide his side to an easy nine-wicket victory in just 13 overs. "Someone asked me on Tuesday that what would be our strategy and I just told him that if the day belongs to me, no one can stop me. And it was such a day," said Sehwag whose swashbuckling innings earned him the Man of the Match award. Sehwag was especially harsh on Andrew Symonds and Sanjay Bangar and he in fact milked 30 runs off an over from the Australian all-rounder. "I knew they don't have real pace and I can take my chances against them. So I stayed back and played my shots against them," he said, almost nonchalantly. He also showered praise on his bowlers, especially Mohammad Asif and Glenn McGrath and felt the Deccans never really got going in the match. His opposite number VVS Laxman said the batsmen did not put enough runs on the board to give the bowlers any cushion in the match. "You see 142 was just not enough. We did not capitalise on the first six overs and then lost wickets at regular intervals. It is not easy for a new batsman to come and start playing his shots. It's extremely disappointing to lose in such a manner in front of the home crowd," Laxman rued.

Sehwag was especially harsh on Andrew Symonds and Sanjay Bangar and he in fact milked 30 runs off an over from the Australian all-rounder.
That wasn't milking!! It was a rude thrashing. But I agree with Ravi. No point in having one day in 100 days of matches. Sehwag has to be consistent and make sure that at least 50% of the match days are his days, not just 1%. But I really like the Daredevils team. No big stars, no fuss and only superb performance...at least uptill now!