George Floyd verdict

coffee_rules

And yet, when this happened... not a peep from the Indian community...shows the lack of unity among Indians, they should be ashamed. Look at Black community, they are united and stronger together now. 

https://nbcnews.to/3dzkBIA  --- cop didNOT face any charges lol while Indians are busy shouting BLM!

Edited by Texy

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Most cops in US dont even have to go to college, just pass high school and start making big bucks if you get admitted to 'academy' via connections, jugaad etc.  No surprise its filled with inept, fat donut munching, ill-trained fools.  

I dont know, have been pulled over a couple of time, once even ended up in court for a ticket (in Minneapolis ) but people were fine infact most were sympathetic on how i got stuck due to a minor technicality and was in clear within no time. 

1 hour ago, Texy said:

And yet, when this happened... not a peep from the Indian community...shows the lack of unity among Indians, they should be ashamed. Look at Black community, they are united and stronger together now. 

https://nbcnews.to/3dzkBIA  --- cop didNOT face any charges lol while Indians are busy shouting BLM!

I don't know if they do that to someone who resists arrest. I got frisked multiple times while walking in downtown DFW for being suspected of carrying a gun :confused:

I never resisted, but if I did then...

Edited by MechEng

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

While I am glad that Chavin has been sentenced - I have always been confused where this murder was shown to be racially motivated. Till now I have not been able to understand how this became a question of a hate crime over police brutality

Police brutality has been against African American population according to multiple stats. Why put his knee over a mans neck ? African Americans get stopped by cops because of their race. 

14 hours ago, gattaca said:

Police brutality has been against African American population according to multiple stats. Why put his knee over a mans neck ? African Americans get stopped by cops because of their race. 

Agreed - why put his knee on his neck - that is sadism - not racism.

16 hours ago, gattaca said:

It's not just race here, recently a trooper shot down a white teenager because he was holding a toy gun.

Americans are paranoid and cold, let's admit that.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:33 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

I dont know, have been pulled over a couple of time, once even ended up in court for a ticket (in Minneapolis ) but people were fine infact most were sympathetic on how i got stuck due to a minor technicality and was in clear within no time. 

In some states cops' salaries are half of what h1b minimum wages are.

31 minutes ago, MechEng said:

It's not just race here, recently a trooper shot down a white teenager because he was holding a toy gun.

Americans are paranoid and cold, let's admit that.

But again that doesn't qualify as racism. Have seen African americans being more racist than white cops towards indians. Not sure if that doesn't get counted similar to any bad behavior of minorities or certain castes in India. In short black community used the guilty conscience of whites and foolishness of millenials. But weird how some ICFers supporting this cry out when similar thing happens in India as liberal media's manifesto push.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:56 AM, MechEng said:

I don't know if they do that to someone who resists arrest. I got frisked multiple times while walking in downtown DFW for being suspected of carrying a gun :confused:

I never resisted, but if I did then...

On 4/21/2021 at 6:33 AM, jf1gp_1 said:

Thats a very high percentage if i consider numebr of people from US on icf. In UK, I and my circle (which is very extensive) has never been ever stopped by Police. Something fundamentally not Right with US Police

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Thats a very high percentage if i consider numebr of people from US on icf. In UK, I and my circle (which is very extensive) has never been ever stopped by Police. Something fundamentally not Right with US Police

Never been frisked, stopped for speeding, cellphone usage and moving violations only. But, even well-to-do blacks like Drs and profs are stopped, frisked and even spent a night in jail,  regularly. It is all about profiling, most they (AAs) also top possession stats as well. It is a double edged sword

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, mishra said:

US police is another gestapo.

Edited by MechEng

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Never been frisked, stopped for speeding, cellphone usage and moving violations only. But, even well-to-do blacks like Drs and profs are stopped, frisked and even spent a night in jail,  regularly. It is all about profiling, most they (AAs) also top possession stats as well. It is a double edged sword

I guess in my case some Karen on meds had delusions of me carrying a gun and called 911.

6 hours ago, South_Paw said:

But again that doesn't qualify as racism. Have seen African americans being more racist than white cops towards indians. Not sure if that doesn't get counted similar to any bad behavior of minorities or certain castes in India. In short black community used the guilty conscience of whites and foolishness of millenials. But weird how some ICFers supporting this cry out when similar thing happens in India as liberal media's manifesto push.

My personal experience with African Americans has overall been very positive, but yes I myself have seen them playing the race card when they would try to deceive a cashier at a general store and get caught.

P.S. An incident comes to my mind, I was returning from lab to my apartment at around 4 am early morning and while walking I stopped by a McDonald's to grab a breakfast takeaway.

For some odd reason at that time the swiping machine was not accepting my card and I decided to walk back without any breakfast, suddenly an African American lady who was behind me in the queue paid $11.00 for my breakfast with her card and asked me to wait for my order. 

I was completely blown away by her generosity and I literally had no words to thank her. I forgot to ask for her number so that I could venmo her the money she paid for my breakfast later, felt equally stupid and guilty later.

Edited by MechEng

7 hours ago, mishra said:

to be fair, expect 1 time I always gave reasons to be pulled over. i once had a flat tyre on interstate a lady cop waited with me till aaa showed up. 

In cities always had very bad experiences with black ppl in the US. In the rural areas of Miss, Alabama and Georgia had some amazing experiences. 

Washington DC, NY and Atlanta were the worst IMO. Have received and seen Indians and other asians being slurred constantly by black folks. Names like sand-nigger, camel jockey etc were pretty popular. Worst are the women in functionary positions. Very aggressive. They shout and act so insensitive - esp to old ppl. Pretend they can't understand what they speak, are extremely curt etc. 

My overall view of black ppl in the US is not very positive at all. IMO a lot of them show disrespect to law and order consistently and most times deserve to be treated the way they are by authority. 

Disclaimer: I went to college and lived in the US for 13 yrs before coming back to India.. lived in 4 cities - mostly in the south.

Edited by bharathh