Teams need the option to play 5 overseas players

zen

2 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

you think there are 60-70 quality international players in the world? I can count on hand players from 3-4 countries, Pak is banned, SL is irrelevant these days. In fact IPL should be about  making it difficult  for internationals to get in and earn a paycheck not the other way round. Too many freeloader foreigners already. This obsession with foregin players is what has given easy money to guys like Maxwell,Miller, Counter Nile,Richardson and Christian.

this will help teams like Afghanistan , Bangladesh n all 

atleast it wud be better then whatever wud be left of Indian players after all the cream is taken .  Their are some good players that come in leagues all over world and Afghanistan will throw in a lot of players in next decade . 

Money is luck...if u come in small auction ull earn. Whats this obsession with what others are getting?? didnt someone like a Varun. C earn 8 cr out of nowhere or Unadkat, DK, Yuvi have taken big big cheques...

5 minutes ago, chewy said:

Mumbai doesn't seem to need it

2nd game they have used only 3

Maybe they can loan out/sell their overseas slot to RR

From what I understand, with two new teams, there would be a mega auction, which means a team can probably retain only a max of 3 Ind capped players + 2 right to match cards for a total of 5 players (or retain 2 + 3 RTM cards)

No..apart from few overseas players dont think the quality will increase dramatically. Punjab have already realised when their big overseas signings havent performed. RCB and MI have played with 3. KKR have Morgan and Shakib struggling. 

And then the competition for Indian spots are already so high. None of the members of the prev u19 wc finals are getting gametime. Even the star studded team from the one before has just Gill, Shaw and Parag playing regularly. The pace trio is struggling to get anywhere.

Also there is Sarfaraz, Hari Nishanth, Saini, Gowtham, Prabhsimran etc warming the bench. And forget about the names who dont even get picked. 

With 10 teams, Honestly WI Eng Aus and NZ are the only supply there is the occasional BD or Afg, 5 by 10 = 50 players. We need their whole teams to play here if that's the case. Or am I doing any mistake here? Else bring in Pakistanis.. Or go looking in Ireland Nepal etc. 

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

With 10 teams, Honestly WI Eng Aus and NZ are the only supply there is the occasional BD or Afg, 5 by 10 = 50 players. We need their whole teams to play here if that's the case. Or am I doing any mistake here? Else bring in Pakistanis.. Or go looking in Ireland Nepal etc. 

Afghanistan has a lot of talent suited for t20s. They have a line if wrist spinners including few chinamen.

England also has a line of hitters 

Wi will keep giving some good options from CPL.

NZ has a good bumch coming , strangely their t20 tournaments are not given pref...

SL has kusal perera n hasaranga 

Sa has malan, RVD 

Aus - cameron green will be a long term player for IPL teams

With so many t20 leagues around the world their wud a lot of talent, teams need to look beyond international reputation which frankly they are also now.  

With next 50 over wc in india i see starc n wood playing atleast playing one season. Root might also play IPL if their are 10 teams. 

Their is enough quality overseas and by next IPL leagues around the world wud have thrown up few names. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

South Africa can be another source. They have a competitive domestic T20 tournament.

Once the two new teams are allowed, IPL should be a two tier league. The top tier being MI, CSK and other two depending on points this season. The second tier has to be of non perennial non performers like Rajasthan,Punjab and couple more.

Two tier system would help in avoiding match ups between very strong and Minnow teams thereby providing a better viewing experience for fans.

cancel all world cups for t20. just play IPL 3 times a year. more money for players and entertainment for fans. Keep the tests ofcourse.

1) tests

2) t20 ipl

no more world cups for t20 and forget about odi games either. no one cares about odi bilaterals. 

I dont even think we need an odi world cup tbh. tests/wtc and IPl or franchize cricket 3 times a year. 

imagine how much money players could make. players like bumrah might make 2 mil a season. now make that 3. 6 mil. 

as for the topic discussed here. I want to see more indian players get picked. So 5 is the absolute max i would settle for. The 2 new ipl teams must be more like a stepping stone for india A. They must have more indian players compared to other franchises. Would help indian cricket immensely.