Based on 2021 IPL performance so far, potential T20 India XI WT20 candidates?

Texy

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Sorry I don't care how good you are but if you are a trundler bowling below 135 consistently I will never want you in my team regardless how good you are unless I see some special skills which includes bouncers, inswing, outswing, cutters and Yorkers. Especially bouncers and Yorkers and the ability to move the ball. 

So Chahar my buddy, you are out. 

Bumrah Siraj Shami it is alongside Rahul Chahar. Hell even groom avesh and prasidh and Tyagi. No Deepak sorry. Shardul better option than chhaar. 

You are talking about Bhuvi lol Actually Chahar is probably a click faster than Bhuvi.

Here are my top T20 cricketers in India list by slots . Squad should be picked from here. not in any ranking order 

Opening: 2 sets of openers. Can play 3 and push 1 to no.3 if required 

Rohit

Kohli 

Rahul

Dhawan

Dev Dutt Paddikal 

Shaw

Middle order batsmen

Ishan 

SKY

Iyer

Samson

Fastbowlers

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Shami

Natarajan

Siraj

Deepak C

Allrounders (fast/seam)

Thakur- pushing the definition  here as he is more of a bowler who can bat

Hardik

Harshal

Allrounders( Spin)- 2/4 happen to be left arm spinners 

Jadeja

Krunal

Sundar- more of a bowler who can bat in T20

Tewatiya

Left Arm spinner 

Axar - big fan of his batting but don’t think he can be called an allrounder lol.

Legspinner

Rahul C

Chahal

Offspinner

Varun C- have no clue what he bowls so putting him in the off spinner category

Ashwin- can be back into reckoning if he has a strong IPL based on the buzz he is getting since Australia and last IpL.

Wicket keeper

Pant- Indias premier keeper obviously.

(Backups- Rahul,Ishan,Samson already covered in middle order)

These are obvious names I could think off who will be discussed. Not trying this to be a wish list or who I want. Based on this which is already a list of 26,I feel we don’t have too many proper  middle order bats and the so called middle order bats are hit or miss. Any obvious names I am missing?

Also don’t see us going all the way because we have gaps and when you have gaps expect to get caught on an off day like in the past. 

Edited by Global.Baba

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Both Kohli and Rohit have been much better in T20Is for India compared to the IPL.

Kohli has a SR of 139 and average of 52.7 in T20Is with many crucial knocks in knockout matches of World T20s.

Rohit has a SR of 139 at and average of 32.2 in T20Is.

But both have very ordinary SRs of 130 in the IPL.

But is 140 good enough when couple of their counterparts are striking at 150?

My bigger concern is these guys dont have that ability to score a quick 30-40 of 15 balls in powerplay. They have this demented mindset to settle in during PP and trundle to 60 off 50 balls and then tee-off after 15 overs expecting likes of Pandya to hit SR 200 every match with no time settle in.

Except for Rahul neither Kohli and Rohit have the ability to take max advantage of PP, both are bang average T20 batsmen.

Kohli had a brilliant world cup, but that was way back in 2016 when he carried Indian batting on his own, I would not count on that form this world cup. A retired ABDV is out performing Kohli by miles in last two 2-3 seasons.

Edited by chewy

The 4 below are shoo ins for different reasons: 

• Kohli (C)
  • Rohit (VC)
  • SDP (Hardik) 
  • Bumrah 

We may see Kohli-Rohit as openers since these two are probably under the impression that they are the best two T20 batsmen in the team based on old performances. Unfortunately, this means these two may try to play maximum balls too (thinking that best batsmen need to play more balls), keeping the other team in the game for relatively longer periods ... Therefore, an 11 considering these "two" factors: 

1. Kohli

2. Rohit 

3. Samson to provide some impetus after one of the openers departs 

4. SKY for 360 batting 

5. Pant for 360 batting 

6. SDP (Hardik) for power hitting 

7. Jadeja, will most likely get the nod esp. for "experience" 

8. Bhuvi

9. Bumrah 

10. Siraj

11. Natrajan 

^ may go with 4 pacers due to dew or a 2nd spinner like R Chahar, Sundar, etc. in place of one of them 

Other likely candidates in the squad:

12. KL (likely to be in the 11 ahead of Samson)

13. Dhawan (likely to be there as back up opener and may play a few games with Rohit rotated) 

14. Iyer (likely to be there and could play ahead of SKY)

15. Some new player like Padikkal (with RCB and if he has a good IPL), Kishan, ... (likely to warm the bench most of the time) 

16. R Chahar 

17. Sundar 

18. D Chahar (swing bowling option and back up (or replacement if in better form) for Bhuvi & Siraj)

19. Thakur (could squeeze in) 

20. ... 

Tewatia and Varun C failed fitness tests so there inclusion would depend on those factors + display of red hot form in IPL ... Chahal is likely to be in the squad as well

Edited by zen