IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

Time for some education lessons.

Can someone explain to me where the people involved in the IPL CIRCUS that cook and serve the players food, provide security, cleaners and all the admin and support staff, where do they all live during the pandemic?

Is every single person that I listed above living in 7 star resorts BUBBLE?

Edited by SRT100
1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Can someone explain to me where the people that cook and serve the players food, provide security, cleaners and all the admin and support staff, where do they all live during the pandemic?

yes ofcourse. when you create a bubble it includes the ENTIRE hotel staff. 

Just now, SRT100 said:

Can someone explain to me where the people that cook and serve the players food, provide security, cleaners and all the admin and support staff, where do they all live during the pandemic?

Just shut  up with your lessons!.

You think billion people can live in a bubble ? Where the hell do you get your arrogance and ignorance from? 

2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

yes ofcourse. when you create a bubble it includes the ENTIRE hotel staff. 

So you are 100% sure that every single  person that is cleaning the toilets of this hotel is living in a 7 star resort?

I presume every single person involved in getting the ground ready for the games is also living in a 7 star resort as well, including the people that sweep the pitch?

Im calling bullshit here.

Just now, beetle said:

The very fact that you post laughing emoticon to our posts speaks about your actual level of empathy for the situation .

Sick person!

Im not laughing at that.

Im laughing at your stupidity regarding the IPL circus and your lack of appreciation and understanding of COVID.

What dont you get that India needs to stop the IPL circus and focus on fixing the country.

Im not saying to permanently stop it. Im saying to at least place it on hold for a while, while the country is given the opportunity to heal.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

So you are 100% sure that every single  person that is cleaning the toilets of this hotel is living in a 7 star resort?

I presume every single person involved in getting the ground ready for the games is also living in a 7 star resort as well, including the people that sweep the pitch?

Im calling bullshit here.

Not sure about the sweepers but staff that cook, do the housekeeping, maintenance, laundry etc..if they don't stay in the hotel - then its not a bio secure bubble anymore.

Because should the hotel staff come from outside, get exposed to covid and then perform hotel duties like housekeeping, cooking, laundry etc...its NOT a biosecure bubble anymore.

Whereas BCCI has been calling the team hotels bio secure bubbles.

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

Just shut  up with your lessons!.

You think billion people can live in a bubble ? Where the hell do you get your arrogance and ignorance from? 

BINGO

Thats the point I am making. Not everyone can live in the BUBBLE. This is how you get contamination and spread.

Cleaners, and lowly working people will go back home, catch COVID and then spread it throughout the bubble.

Also you are talking BULLSHIT about the BUBBLE.

Pant got told off last year in Australia for leaving the BUBBLE in Australia. Im sure there has been many examples of the BUBBLE not being impenetrable to COVID.

Just now, rangeelaraja said:

Not sure about the sweepers but staff that cook, do the housekeeping, maintenance, laundry etc..if they don't stay in the hotel - then its not a bio secure bubble anymore.

Because should the hotel staff come from outside, get exposed to covid and then perform hotel duties like housekeeping, cooking, laundry etc...its NOT a biosecure bubble anymore.

EXACTLY.

This is 100% the point I am trying to make and trying to educate some of the posters on here. I want to teach them and educate them.

NO BUBBLE IS 100% SAFE.

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

This is the best post of the thread.

Thank you.

You made my point.

The IPL CIRCUS is not 100% SAFE BUBBLE.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

This is the best post of the thread.

Thank you.

You made my point.

The IPL CIRCUS is not 100% SAFE BUBBLE.

4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

EXACTLY.

This is 100% the point I am trying to make and trying to educate some of the posters on here. I want to teach them and educate them.

NO BUBBLE IS 100% SAFE.

Beautiful article just published by Hindustan times, slap on the face of ICF, IPL cheer leading inhumane loonies.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/the-silence-in-ipl-s-bio-bubble-is-deafening-101619490011227.html

The silence in IPL’s bio-bubble is deafening

• This is about IPL and all the people involved in it—the cricketers, the administrators, the officials, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)—behaving like the world outside their bio-bubble does not exist.

All of last year, the sporting world stood up to be counted in important humanitarian issues —players taking a knee and raising a fist in football, basketball, cricket and F1 resonated deeply with us. Naomi Osaka’s masks with the names of Black victims of police brutality in the US made for moving, powerful visuals.

How will India’s cricketing stars show that they care? That they are capable of some empathy at a time when everyone needs it?

Edited by rangeelaraja
6 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

EXACTLY.

NO BUBBLE IS 100% SAFE.

7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

BINGO

Thats the point I am making. Not everyone can live in the BUBBLE. This is how you get contamination and spread.

Cleaners, and lowly working people will go back home, catch COVID and then spread it throughout the bubble.

Also you are talking BULLSHIT about the BUBBLE.

Pant got told off last year in Australia for leaving the BUBBLE in Australia. Im sure there has been many examples of the BUBBLE not being impenetrable to COVID.

If a single player had caught the Corona AFTER coming inside the bubble I wojld believe your point

. I simply don't understand this whining and crying when this hasnt happened 

Its like you guys want things to fail, people to be miserable, even things which are going good. It's very much an Indian crab mentality, 

Lost amidst all this is the fact that there's not been a single player or staff that  has been infected after the tournament started. At-least the organizers are running a tight ship and ensuring safety. Not every player in the IPL is a superstar and many depend on it for their finances. They, like anyone else, have a right to earn a livelihood. 

The superstars need to step up and pledge some of their earnings for relief efforts, do ads promoting safe practices and useful tips for prevention. The BCCI needs to make a solid monetary contribution as well. Sure, critics will say that they are throwing some money to wash off the guilt but so be it. Doing something is better than doing nothing. 

Edited by nevada
3 minutes ago, New guy said:

If a single player had caught the Corona AFTER coming inside the bubble I wojld believe your point

. I simply don't understand this whining and crying when this hasnt happened 

Its like you guys want things to fail, people to be miserable, even things which are going good. It's very much an Indian crab mentality, 

BUBBLES have been broken overseas, many cricketers have had COVID.

India is peaking now with COVID, use your brain, come back to me in 14-21 days and lets see who was right or wrong.

7 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Beautiful article just published by Hindustan times, slap on the face of ICF, IPL cheer leading inhumane loonies.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/the-silence-in-ipl-s-bio-bubble-is-deafening-101619490011227.html

The silence in IPL’s bio-bubble is deafening

• This is about IPL and all the people involved in it—the cricketers, the administrators, the officials, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)—behaving like the world outside their bio-bubble does not exist.

All of last year, the sporting world stood up to be counted in important humanitarian issues —players taking a knee and raising a fist in football, basketball, cricket and F1 resonated deeply with us. Naomi Osaka’s masks with the names of Black victims of police brutality in the US made for moving, powerful visuals.

How will India’s cricketing stars show that they care? That they are capable of some empathy at a time when everyone needs it?

Beautiful post.

Even a brief, sombre acknowledgement of the troubles facing people would have meant a lot to viewers and fans. Perhaps a message of hope from the superstars. A message of condolence or solace. Any kind of message at all that said, “Look, we see what’s happening, we are standing with you.” Something more than the autopilot messages of washing hands, wearing masks, and staying at home that the commentators pull out once every ten overs. We have had nothing. Radio silence.

Virat Kohli tweets only ads and selfies. Rohit Sharma’s handle has no mention of the pandemic. Jasprit Bumrah has nothing to offer.

The horse has already left the barn on covid, so only mass herd immunity(done through vaccination) is going to help in the future.  Would stopping IPL would not free up resources to make a dent? How many doctors and nurses are reserved for IPL bubbles? How many venues are being reserved? How many hotels are reserved? IPL is focused on preserving the bubble rather than treating and using up medical resources. If if there is 1 case of covid in any of the bubbles, IPL will get cancelled.

I can see the upside of scrapping IPL, as that would signal to everybody that there is no normalcy until the situation is under control. It might force people to completely shut off , but it could also make people head out when they would have stayed home for 5 hours per day and watch cricket.

Tough situation, but the only short term thing to do is to ride out this wave. S*** has already hit the fan and people are dying by the thousands. We shall see how the next few days and weeks shape up.