IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

6 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

yet another example of the shameless class driven society we are. IPL is just one more example.

Here in the US, there are online court hearings on Microsoft teams and Zoom the judges remote. 

all this should be saved for frontline workers and not the  bloody entitled class  

Higher classes in any country get preferential treatment, so I would not be so hard. Perhaps there is a need to keep the judges and politicians safe to avoid complete collapse of the governing sector. Politicians in the US also received their vaccines before healthcare workers. Judges and politicians (usually elderly and have preexisting conditions) need higher protection than regular citizenry, despite the optics.

13 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

LMAO people here are saying that cancelling IPL is not gonna change anything. Can I ask why the phuck players are being tested thrice in a day? Even doctors dont get tested.

IPL could have been easily played in UAE where no one would have cared about as the situation is not as dire as in India but this becomes more of a moral issue when people are dying on the streets and players are living their comfortable lives in bio secure 7 star hotels.

Agreed !

2 minutes ago, poi said:

The horse has already left the barn on covid, so only mass herd immunity(done through vaccination) is going to help in the future.  Would stopping IPL would not free up resources to make a dent? How many doctors and nurses are reserved for IPL bubbles? How many venues are being reserved? How many hotels are reserved? IPL is focused on preserving the bubble rather than treating and using up medical resources. If if there is 1 case of covid in any of the bubbles, IPL will get cancelled.

I can see the upside of scrapping IPL, as that would signal to everybody that there is no normalcy until the situation is under control. It might force people to completely shut off , but it could also make people head out when they would have stayed home for 5 hours per day and watch cricket.

Tough situation, but the only short term thing to do is to ride out this wave. S*** has already hit the fan and people are dying by the thousands. We shall see how the next few days and weeks shape up.

In Australia during our Shutdown, we had no cricket, football, soccer or any sport for that matter.

It gave time and opportunity for families to spend time together, learn about covid and focus on what is important in life. Most importantly the shutdown reduced and basically stopped the spread of COVID.

If Indians need cricket to survive, then there is a bigger fundamental problem with Indian society.

In Australia, the sports players learnt that they are not more important and that life can continue without them. If anything it made them more humble and fortunate to have a job and to not take it for granted. Players learned that society can and would move forward without sport.

Sport is a luxury not a necessity.

What India should do is have each state government responsible for their own state and work on fixing and solving the problems it has in regards to COVID. States should close their borders, then close neighborhoods to reduce the spread so as to give the medical system the time to deal with patients. The bigger the spread the more impact it will have on the struggling Indian health system. The country needs to focus all its energies and resources into healing.

In Australia you could not travel from one state to another and life was very limited in what you can and cant do. It worked. Now I live in a world, not really impacted by COVID.

India can and will survive this, but it will take time and sacrifice.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Time for some education lessons.

Can someone explain to me where the people involved in the IPL CIRCUS that cook and serve the players food, provide security, cleaners and all the admin and support staff, where do they all live during the pandemic?

Is every single person that I listed above living in 7 star resorts BUBBLE?

Yes everyone is in bubble. That's why it's being in selective venues.

5 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Lies, lies and more lies. 

This guy is lying through his teeth. 

India played Australia the BG trophy. And won it 2 - 1.

The series still went ahead. With matches being played in front of empty stadiums.

Australia and other isolated, wealthy, and smaller (by population) countries had very good public health policies and mass movement restrictions that nipped the covid crisis before it became a crisis. As long as they continue to be on top of testing, contact tracing, and vaccinations, they will not have any issues.

7 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

The series still went ahead. With matches being played in front of empty stadiums.

There were cases in Sydney but still games were played 

57 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I have yet to receive a single post from someone who will tell me what would it take to stop/suspend the IPL CIRCUS, so that India can focus on healing and recovering?

IPL isn't organised by Indian govt. That's the job of various govts in states and center.

9 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

This is why you are a simpleton and uneducated.

For starters when COVID hit Australia it was around March, from about April onwards sports was suspended for several months to stop spread and infection and importantly focus on what is important in life.

The Aust-India series was played from November onwards. It was not played in empty stadiums.

For the record, cricket is not the biggest sport in Australia, it is AFL/Rugby as number 1. Cricket comes in at number 3 sport comfortably.

Just now, SRT100 said:

This is why you are a simpleton and uneducated.

For starters when COVID hit Australia it was around March, from about April onwards sports was suspended for several months to stop spread and infection and importantly focus on what is important in life.

The Aust-India series was played from November onwards. It was not played in empty stadiums.

For the record, cricket is not the biggest sport in Australia, it is AFL/Rugby as number 1. Cricket comes in at number 3 sport comfortably.

I don't need sermons from you. 

I'm well aware of the situation in Melbourne. And their yo yo antics.

Whatever school you went to, ask them for a refund. Seems you spend a lot of money. And didn't learn anything useful. 

Only an idiot will compare India's situation to Australia or New Zealand. More people live in Delhi NCR alone than those two countries combined. India's population density is 140 times that of Australia's!

It's hell of a lot more difficult to control people's activities here in India. No democratic government in the world could do that.

When you factor in the poverty and huge informal sector, more people will die due to the lockdown than because of Covid

Just now, AuxiliA said:

Only an idiot will compare India's situation to Australia or New Zealand. More people live in Delhi NCR alone than those two countries combined. India's population density is 140 times that of Australia's!

It's hell of a lot more difficult to control people's activities here in India. No democratic government in the world could do that.

When you factor in the poverty and huge informal sector, more people will die due to the lockdown than because of Covid

Agree.

This is the same idiot who goes around calling other posters uneducated.

2 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I don't need sermons from you. 

I'm well aware of the situation in Melbourne. And their yo yo antics.

Whatever school you went to, ask them for a refund. Seems you spend a lot of money. And didn't learn anything useful. 

Well my education has enabled me to pay off my house and my car and lead a very fortunate and relaxed lifestyle, I literally have no major debt.

The irony is that I can afford for you to clean my toilets and pay you more than what you are currently earning, should not be lost here.

15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Well my education has enabled me to pay off my house and my car and lead a very fortunate and relaxed lifestyle, I literally have no major debt.

The irony is that I can afford for you to clean my toilets and pay you more than what you are currently earning, should not be lost here.

Whoop de doo, d1ck head.

5 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Whoop de doo, d1ck head.

I hope you are doing ok and receive all the medical help and care that you need.

Its disappointing you had to resort to gutter level attacks. I forgive you, I know its a trying and testing time for many including yourself.

All the best.

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I hope you are doing ok and receive all the medical help and care that you need.

Its disappointing you had to resort to gutter level attacks. I forgive you, I know its a trying and testing time for many including yourself.

All the best.

Lol, look whose talking. 

28 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Edited by EnterTheVoid
24 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Man if you are so rich, highly educated and have such deep conscience, why not donate a small portion of your empire to covid relief in India. That will help a lot more than your rants here.