IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

18 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I know you have the best interest of India in your heart. And that you mean well. I also appreciate the work you've done despite staying elsewhere. Respect.

Its good to know that India has such a support system in the diaspora.

But none of what you are saying is making for much of a logical argument, though, I understand the emotion. We can fight this calamity *and* lead our lives. People have rallied themselves. There are plasma donation drives, people are setting aside rooms in their homes for quarantine. There are Covid Tiffins that are organized. Indian pharma industry has geared to making APIs for the Cowaxin, so much so that manufacturing of non essential pharma products and certain types of cosmetics has been put on hold. Most people are doing their bit to help their communities. And their families and friends.

All of this is possible with the IPL going on. What exactly is the relation between the two?

Has the IPL caused a shortage of anything in the nation? I addressed this in the post you quoted.

Has the IPL taken away from beds and quarantine centres?

What specifically is your grouse?

Entertainment is the main factor. Everyone should be depressed and feel sorry. There shouldn’t be any entertainment or factors that can bring joy in these times . Yes the situation is alarming but there are people who are  doing whatever they can to help. People are getting vaccinated and doing their bit to stop the spread. I got vaccinated recently. I follow all the COVID protocols, work at office and home , lockdowns or no lockdowns. If I watch an hour of cricket in my busy schedule, that gives me joy, what’s the harm in that ? How is IPL harming anyone ? 

Edited by nitinbwj
47 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hey @SRT100 am back here, alive and kicking.

Have you thrown your useless degrees, if real, in the dustbin yet?

I think its great you can find humour during these troubling and testing times while the country you reside in is literally crumbling all around you.

I hope you and your family find a way to survive the pandemic.

23 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Entertainment is the main factor. Everyone should be depressed and feel sorry. There shouldn’t be any entertainment or factors that can bring joy in these times . Yes the situation is alarming but there are people who are  doing whatever they can to help. People are getting vaccinated and doing their bit to stop the spread. I got vaccinated recently. I follow all the COVID protocols, work at office and home , lockdowns or no lockdowns. If I watch an hour of cricket in my busy schedule, that gives me joy, what’s the harm in that ? How is IPL harming anyone ? 

Thank you. The first well articulated post and you present a solid cogent argument.

I dont necessarily disagree with you, I just think the overall look of the IPL makes the country look foolish while the country is decaying. I also think resources from the IPL could be better used to save India the country.

I applaud you for doing your part and stopping the spread of the virus. I hope the message you send is spread far and wide.

I think its appalling that the IPL does not use the cricket as a platform to educate everyone. The fact that the player or commentators are not allowed to talk about the pandemic makes them look foolish and insincere.

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I think its great you can find humour during these troubling and testing times while the country you reside in is literally crumbling all around you.

I hope you and your family find a way to survive the pandemic.

Humour, like IPL, is distraction from the struggles.

But don't worry, unlike what you and your fellow comrades on this thread have been trying to portray, people are not dropping dead on roads. We have our challenges, we are trying to do the best through a huge community effort. Barring a few usual IPL hating folks, no one is blaming IPL for the crisis (thank god for their intelligence!).

BTW I went to a hospital last evening to help secure a bed for a friend's dad. Guess what was being played on the TV in the lobby? Besides the attendants of patients, even the medical staff came over to catch a few easy moments. This is what IPL is providing right now - bringing succour to the most affected section. May it long continue in a safe and secure bio bubble helping bring some moments of joy for every family affected by this pandemic.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Humour, like IPL, is distraction from the struggles.

Barring a few usual IPL hating folks, no one is blaming IPL for the crisis (thank god for their intelligence!).

BTW I went to a hospital last evening to help secure a bed for a friend's dad. Guess what was being played on the TV in the lobby? Besides the attendants of patients, even the medical staff came over to catch a few easy moments. This is what IPL is providing right now - bringing succour to the most affected section. May it long continue in a safe and secure bio bubble helping bring some moments of joy for every family affected by this pandemic.

Your lot must be the perverse type, that you only find anecdotes that confirm to your perversity. 

Going to a hospital to see someone who may probably breathe his/her last going by all the news thats flying around, lets find some 'succor' and 'relief ' by watching a few slogs.

This mindset, I mean seriously ????

Disgraceful creatures.

If IPL can get completed without any covid cases....it should be used as case study for future pandemic on how to keep functioning bubbles during raging pandemic for essential services and soft target populations .

This can be replicated in different forms for paramedics, armed forces, scientists, children ....

Edited by beetle

The disgrace never ends. Anything to justify an extravaganza when country is in the biggest crisis since 1947. Now tamasha cricket for the extreme privileged  must serve as a national and international benchmark. 

I am not surprised why life is so cheap in my beloved country.. Where cheap self gratification is rationalized, when there is death, hospitalization and panic all around.

Even wild animals have more emotion and empathy. 

Edited by rangeelaraja
15 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

The disgrace never ends. Anything to justify an extravaganza when country is in the biggest crisis since 1947. Now tamasha cricket for the extreme privileged  must serve as a national and international benchmark. 

I am not surprised why life is so cheap in my beloved country.. Where cheap self gratification is rationalized, when there is death, hospitalization and panic all around.

Even wild animals have more emotion and empathy. 

Listen you Rudaali....

Why don't you take your fake sympathy and do this rudaali rona in your PeePee home .

The more I read your posts,the more I am convinced you are a fake Indian ,here only for see some chestbeating.

We are fine without your fake tears.

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COHmbg9hvW9/

How is this any different from BW stars having vacations in Maldives?

The only reason I want ipl to continue is to see Pakistani crying. As if they really care about people dying in India, all they care about how ipl is continuing. They don't have any suggestions to stop or avoid corona or how to control pandemic but they have so many suggestions across the forum why ipl should be stopped.

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

The only reason I want ipl to continue is to see Pakistani crying. As if they really care about people dying in India, all they care about how ipl is continuing. They don't have any suggestions to stop or avoid corona or how to control pandemic but they have so many suggestions across the forum why ipl should be stopped.

that is a totally wrong attitude to have. Pakistan is a basket case, a primitive backward state, who cares about them or their suggestions.

doesn’t it make your blood boil to see overpaid domestic and foreign cricketers being mollycoddled in a 7 star luxury bubble when common citizens around them are packed closely and dangerously in over stretched hospitals, and many 10s of 1000s dying because of a lack of resources ?

how can any well meaning person be okay with this ? 

2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

that is a totally wrong attitude to have. Pakistan is a basket case, a primitive backward state, who cares about them or their suggestions.

doesn’t it make your blood boil to see overpaid domestic and foreign cricketers being mollycoddled in a 7 star luxury bubble when common citizens around them are packed closely and dangerously in over stretched hospitals, and many 10s of 1000s dying because of a lack of resources ?

how can any well meaning person be okay with this ? 

Well I think most of the people are already debating on this thread and everyone has presented their opinion. Look morally what you are saying is right I agree with you. However practically in ipl they are not celebrating it as it was in the past with cheerleaders and extravaganza shows and crowd in stadium. They are just doing their job as an professional which is playing cricket. Isn't it same across all industries in india . However if it's cancelled I would still support the cancellation or postponement till situation get better. But my comment above was primarily targetting Pakistanis and foreign media which has no intrest in wellfare of Indian rather they are more intrested in exploiting this opportunity for their own agend or to only show chaos to make unrest among masses.

2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COHmbg9hvW9/

How is this any different from BW stars having vacations in Maldives?

So you are comparing the social media of an individual promoting themselves (right or wrong is not the debate here) to an actual Industry that employes 1000’s of people. I am not just talking about the glamorous sport stats. 

Now some idiot might say what about weddings and concerts. Sure if someone wants to spend their own money on a bio bubble and hire medical professionals and test everyone as diligently as the IPL and in turn employee caterers, artists etc who are struggling in this pandemic, absolutely they should do it.

For the 100th time, IPL is not just about Chris Morris or Jamieson or Kohli raking  in the millions, there is security, hotel staff, bus drivers, administrative staff, cameraman. Wonder if they prefer the pay cut and sit and home in a more risky environment or earn money while they are in the bio bubble.

Again based on the above question, you don’t seem too bright.

23 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

@rangeelaraja - Pls put across your point politely, no need to abuse especially to female posters

@Austin 3:!6 I was called rudaali first by @beetle. Not only that, I was then called a Pakistani by her for strongly objecting to the IPL amidst a national calamity in India. 

if someone is a female poster, they should first talk with grace and dignity. 

is that fair ?

The sure fire way to end the pandemic now is:

Act as if it is Ebola and you have 97% chance of dying rather than 3%. There would be no IPL or any entertainment or even business running. Everybody would be locked in and socially distancing. Nobody would be complaining about needing entertainment.

While the self imposed lockdown is happening, the government would be mobilizing its military and police to do mandatory vaccinations drives all across the country. 

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Well I think most of the people are already debating on this thread and everyone has presented their opinion. Look morally what you are saying is right I agree with you. However practically in ipl they are not celebrating it as it was in the past with cheerleaders and extravaganza shows and crowd in stadium. They are just doing their job as an professional which is playing cricket. Isn't it same across all industries in india . However if it's cancelled I would still support the cancellation or postponement till situation get better. But my comment above was primarily targetting Pakistanis and foreign media which has no intrest in wellfare of Indian rather they are more intrested in exploiting this opportunity for their own agend or to only show chaos to make unrest among masses.

We all have our sensitivities. I have very low tolerance for in your face inequality in our country.

There may not be cheer leaders - but the 7 star bubble and extraordinary per capita resources spent on securing millionaire cricketers in what is not even an international competition - just makes my blood boil. These resources if re-directed given the duration of the tournament could have saved 1000's of lives.

Every single day there is a statement from some international cricketer expressing guilt at being spoilt in India while there is gloom outside their 7 star bubble. 

Ponting said the same yesterday about how priviledged they are to be in IPL's secure bubble.   I mean these guys are citizen of 1st world rich countries, why effing spoil them here crazy to run a domestic tournament when there is such pain and anguish all around. I can't believe how insensitive and stubbornly idiotic people can be to justify this.

The number of deaths and infections are grosssly under-reported by all accounts. 

Let them eff off to their country while we direct all resources possible to save Indian lives.

Edited by rangeelaraja
6 minutes ago, poi said:

The sure fire way to end the pandemic now is:

Act as if it is Ebola and you have 97% chance of dying rather than 3%. There would be no IPL or any entertainment or even business running. Everybody would be locked in and socially distancing. Nobody would be complaining about needing entertainment.

While the self imposed lockdown is happening, the government would be mobilizing its military and police to do mandatory vaccinations drives all across the country. 

Thank you for this wonderful post.

If we do not act on a war footing we are going to be losing countless of invaluable innocent lives to this bloody virus.

we need to act on a war footing and a crazy vaccination spree.

Every ounce of national resource available must be directed to saving lives.

ever person I know, has a relative / family / friend who has passed way out of want of help /hospitalization/ oxygen. 

The true casualties per day are multiple times more than the 3000/day. It is absolutely brutal .