IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

We all have our sensitivities. I have very low tolerance for in your face inequality in our country.

There may not be cheer leaders - but the 7 star bubble and extraordinary per capita resources spent on securing millionaire cricketers in what is not even an international competition - just makes my blood boil. These resources if re-directed given the duration of the tournament could have saved 1000's of lives.

Is GoI spending the money and resources?

Also Ambani has other businesses as well, should he shut  down textile industry as well because who wants to wear a new suit in a pandemic?

He is still doing what he can while running other businesses why should Mi be any different?

Ok let’s say all the hotel staff involved in the bubble are sent back, hotel industry is suffering anyway, can IPL organizers force them to work in other roles to serve the society?

Your thinking is too black and white.  Now of IPL was played with crowds etc with no bio bubble you have a legitimate concern.

As far as foregin players are concerned no one has forced them. Some players have left on their own. Even Ashwin has.

Once again what are these resources that IPL is taking away? By the same means why don’t you cancel some OTT subscriptions and donate that money to PM care find. I am sure you have but you can skip third rate entertainment programs and put those resources to better use, can’t you? 

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Is GoI spending the money and resources?

Also Ambani has other businesses as well, should he shut  down textile industry as well because who wants to wear a new suit in a pandemic?

He is still doing what he can while running other businesses why should Mi be any different?

Ok let’s say all the hotel staff involved in the bubble are sent back, hotel industry is suffering anyway, can IPL organizers force them to work in other roles to serve the society?

Your thinking is too black and white.  Now of IPL was played with crowds etc with no bio bubble you have a legitimate concern.

As far as foregin players are concerned no one has forced them. Some players have left on their own. Even Ashwin has.

Once again what are these resources that IPL is taking away? By the same means why don’t you cancel some OTT subscriptions and donate that money to PM care find. I am sure you have but you can skip third rate entertainment programs and put those resources to better use, can’t you? 

You talk illogical and don't even understand the moot point. There is no question of forcing foreign players - we are paying them millions and offering them 7 star facilities - they speak about how privileged they are to get the care they are getting in India , why would they feel " forced" .

You don't know jackshite about what I am doing in my private life to help and support in my limited capacity so don't comment on it. 

I admin 14 pan-India  whatsapp groups to prioritize and direct help with hospitalization and O2 supply. The desperation in the messages, dealing with the news of the painful demise of people - I am far more attached to the ground situation in India despite being an NRI than you and your kind ever will.

IPL is an entertainment business - not a necessary business in these calamitous  times.

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

You talk illogical and don't even understand the moot point. There is no question of forcing foreign players - we are paying them millions and offering them 7 star facilities - they speak about how privileged they are to get the care they are getting in India , why would they feel " forced" .

You don't know jackshite about what I am doing in my private life to help and support in my limited capacity so don't comment on it. 

I admin 14 pan-India  whatsapp groups to prioritize and direct help with hospitalization and O2 supply. The desperation in the messages, dealing with the news of the painful demise of people - I am far more attached to the ground situation in India despite being an NRI than you and your kind ever will.

IPL is an entertainment business - not a necessary business in these calamitous  times.

If IPL is scrapped, shutting down other businesses/travel for a month or two become easier as it should show that the country is at war. I am not an economist, or pretend to be, but I think would severely negatively impact the economy in the short term and output for those months, but it will bring about (covid) stability and, assuming the economy doesn’t completely collapse and side effects of being essentially confined indoors doesn’t cause too much negative mental health issues, everything should bounce back in a year or so.

It is an all-or-nothing war situation, so a lot of normal-times’ freedoms are curtailed, so if people cheat the lockdown and law enforcement is lax, it will only prolong it and not make the total lockdown worth the trouble.

Just ride out the waves and hope each wave is not as infectious as the prior wave. After all, the death rate is “only” 3 to 5%, not 90%.

Edited by poi

A guy not even living in India claims to be connected more to the ground situation than those of us who are living here and experiencing the crisis. All this just for being admin of millions of whatsapp groups arranging supplies (and yet has all the time in the world to be posting on this thread). 

Always knew packeeys were good fiction writers. To their disappointment, once again saying your views count for zilch. Stick to abusing female posters, that's the only thing you seem to be good at besides writing fiction.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
30 minutes ago, Dery said:

I am for stopping  IPL but We dont even have total lockdown. Stopping IPL wouldn't do ****. Still some pvt & govt offices are still operational. Millions of people are still working & going about their work as normal  

Precisely. So there is no point in stopping IPL in a grand scheme of things, because the rest of the society will not be shutting down and the government has no will nor power to bring war-time powers. It might even start a public protest rally(or few) with angry fans demanding to be entertained.

^ Someone called Shooniya Sifar calling others zilch, oh the irony.  Hope nobody in your immediate family ever have to face what millions other have been facing in India.

It may be yet the harshest lesson of your shoonyasifar  life.

Resorting to calling people Packi just for opposing the IPL - imagine the mindset of these people.

Edited by rangeelaraja
2 hours ago, poi said:

If IPL is scrapped, shutting down other businesses/travel for a month or two become easier as it should show that the country is at war. I am not an economist, or pretend to be, but I think would severely negatively impact the economy in the short term and output for those months, but it will bring about (covid) stability and, assuming the economy doesn’t completely collapse and side effects of being essentially confined indoors doesn’t cause too much negative mental health issues, everything should bounce back in a year or so.

It is an all-or-nothing war situation, so a lot of normal-times’ freedoms are curtailed, so if people cheat the lockdown and law enforcement is lax, it will only prolong it and not make the total lockdown worth the trouble.

Just ride out the waves and hope each wave is not as infectious as the prior wave. After all, the death rate is “only” 3 to 5%, not 90%.

You may not be an economist, but you talk a lot more sanity than some entitled people here who label others Packis and what not,  just because they vehemently oppose the IPL on moral grounds.

No first world / developed  country would continue this charade tournament in the name of "relief" - when faced with such a catastrophic health crisis.

Each one of us is marginal and negligible in what we can do but collectively it still counts. 

Every single day since March 25th, I've had on an average 40 requests for hospitalization because of falling SpO2 . We are able to provide only to 15-18 at most. People have gotten so desperate that they take pictures of the pulsometer showing their Spo2 to explain how dire the situation is. It is crushing.

I am sure there are millions like me - the magnitude of this suffering is unfathomable.

Just like when there is a major all out border war ( not just a conflict ) ...it is each citizen's duty to support those directly involved ( either by ration and food supply, supporting the families of the jawans, contributing to the coffers etc..  this is the biggest war facing India ever.

We are losing atleast 5000-6000 lives daily ( 3000 is a grossly understated ). Thats 10 times more than what we lost in the entire Kargil conflict over 3 months.

It is an utter shame how insensitive some folks here on ICF are.

Edited by rangeelaraja
3 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

IPL is an entertainment business absolutely but if it can continue running paying its employees while keeping them safe, what exactly is the problem?

What is this moral reason?

Also if IPL is offering a foreigner 7 star facilities they are doing from their funds not govt funds are they? Aren’t companies giving their employees every equipment they need to successfully to do their jobs?

I won’t question what you do for charity or ask for proof and take your word on face value but for someone who is so busy solving oxygen issues in India, IPL should be the last thing on your mind when neither IPL is playing a role in spreading the virus, hoarding oxygen or spending tax payers money on entertainment.

1 breach and absolutely I will shout from the rooftops with you to cancel it. You re just going through pointless rhetoric at this point. People have given enough reasons why cancelling  IPl is not really a solution.

33 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

IPL is an entertainment business absolutely but if it can continue running paying its employees while keeping them safe, what exactly is the problem?

Also if IPL is offering a foreigner 7 star facilities they are doing from their funds not govt funds are they? Aren’t companies giving their employees every equipment they need to successfully to do their jobs?

I won’t question what you do for charity or ask for proof and take your word on face value but for someone who is so busy solving oxygen issues in India, IPL should be the last thing on your mind when neither IPL is playing a role in spreading the virus, hoarding oxygen or spending tax payers money on entertainment.

1 breach and absolutely I will shout from the rooftops with you to cancel it. You re just going through pointless rhetoric at this point. People have given enough reasons why cancelling  IPl is not really a solution.

Reasons as lame and insensitive as "providing relief" have been given to justify continuation of IPL.

There is nothing ethically wrong in continuation of IPL.

Just like there is nothing ethically wrong in going to Vegas or Hawaii for an extravagant vacation when lets say your domestic help or driver of 10 years is battling for his life in the hospital.

It is about sensitivity and out of respect for a national health calamity where 100s of 1000s are severely battling for life, many of whom don't have the means or resources to get healthcare aid.

This basic human value is missing from a lot here at ICF that doesn't think twice before calling others Pakistani, when their callousness is questioned.

This basic human value is the reason why scores of Aussie and foreign cricketers have expressed  borderline guilt at continuing to play IPL. 

This is probably why those countries are 1st world and India is not. As @SRT100 said, respect and sensitivity for human life is very low in India and it shows in the mindset of some posters here.

Heart crushingly painful.  The only reason I continue to post on this thread is to awaken people who still have some semblance of respect for those with such miserable sufferings. Please do your part. Donate generously. Winning this battle is the most important thing - it needs to be the prime national priority. The govt cannot do it alone. We all need to do our part.  

I don’t think people are thinking (or worried) about this wave continuing and the peak(of the second wave) is already here. Given the population and density, along with no nation-wide travel restrictions and open businesses, people thinking the (pre covid) life must go on, it is likely that more cities will be hotspots in the coming weeks and months. This peak might not come down for months as more of the country gets infected. Right now, “just” 3000 deaths per day is not as high(for a population of 1.3 billion), but if every metropolitan area gets high infection, that would skyrocket to hundreds of thousands per day and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Is the solution to shut down IPL? No. The solution is to shut down all transmission vectors(IPL ironically isn’t ), including complete lockdown and military enforced travel restriction, so pretty draconian measures that probably will not fly in a democratic country. But what is the alternative to avoid complete herd infection since herd immunity through vaccine isn’t likely to happen for at least a few months?

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

This basic human value is missing from a lot here at ICF that doesn't think twice before calling others Pakistani, when their callousness is questioned.

I disagree with your views but calling someone pakistani without even knowing is uncalled for . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 hours ago, bowl_out said:

I am all for IPL continuing as scheduled, but it is atrocious to play cricket in Delhi which is the Covid hotspot.. Blatant misuse of power. 

Why couldn't they just continue playing where they were playing or move it some some other location like Hyderabad, Pune or Dharamsala or literally anywhere else?

Agree it shud continue but at this point happening in delhi doesnt feel right. 

7 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Good on you, does not give you right to lecture others on morals. IPL does not take away resources that govt otherwise would put into saving peoples lives. It's absurd to say that it will. Although a full lock down and army doing vaccinations would be a welcome change in India wish that happens. 

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Hey being called a pakistani is not a slur come on people. 

If u dnt know someone nationality then dont even. Everyone is a proud citizen of their country ...least of all no one wants a certificate from someone else for their nationality. I have been called same here by as well. I mean kon maanga certificate tumse . 

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If u dnt know someone nationality then dont even. Everyone is a proud citizen of their country ...least of all no one wants a certificate from someone else for their nationality. I have been called same here by as well. I mean kon maanga certificate tumse . 

For the record I did not call anyone pakistani BTW. Except self declared pakistani posters for whom being called pakistani is not a slur hopefully. 

5 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Going by his logic..all the private companies should stop paying the salaries to their employees who are working in curfew restricted timings and donate that to govt for helping in this crisis and If I spend some part of my salary on Netflix or buying new clothes (Retail stores suffer the most during lockdowns) it means I am insensitive as I am watching a movie and buying new clothes and not donating the entire amount to People who need the most. IPL is a business and it will continue as long as its not causing harm to the general public or raising a severe health concern.