IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

32 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Shouldn't be scrapped but they should at least acknowledge the presence of the raging pandemic and do much more to mobilise resources. Other than Ashwin and Harbhajan, no one has openly come out to help 

Thank you. Finally someone in ICF talks sense on such a sensitive topic.

To be oblivious of the painful deaths around and carry on this bloody tamasha in a 7* luxury bio bubble whilst people in 1 mile radius are dying miserable deaths is a shameful shameful existence. 

The real heroes are those who are providing for people and arranging resources when they have the wherewithal.

That is why for me Gautam Gambhir will always be 1 million times the character and hero then somebody like Sachin Tendulkar.

Edited by rangeelaraja

So from what ive read, a lot of players are having their closed ones suffer from covid and some of them dying as well yet people here want them to continue to play ipl. why tere baap ke naukar hai kya?

SHAME ON IPL, BCCI, MODI, AMBANI ETC 

all i see on my insta is indians sharing posts about covid situation there and they dont even know what ipl is. I hope IPL gets postponed. Nothing is expected from greedy players like Warner, Maxwell, Cummins and all the millionaires. They wont leave and would even jump from burj khalifa if their ipl lords ask them to just for the paper.

19 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

By the same logic, cricketing ties must be resumed with Pakistan. Afterall playing or not playing cricket with Pakistan has no direct correlation with Pak's sponsorship of cross border terrorism. We stopped playing bilateral cricket for over a decade, has it stopped cross border terror attacks in Kashmir?

Not everything has to have logic attached.  it is about emotion and conscience. IPL is an extravagance, a cricketing tamasha.

Not a proper comparison, the reason we don’t play cricket with Pakistan isn’t because Pakistan will stop cross border terror but you cannot play with a country that is actively trying to hurt you. Cricket is financially lucrative in both countries, you don’t want to financially reward your adversaries.

IPL is no way directly or indirectly responsible for the COVID crisis. It’s just a source of entertainment, unless we have banned all sources of entertainment during this crisis, I don’t see what stopping IPL will achieve other than more financial problems for those involved.

21 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

So from what ive read, a lot of players are having their closed ones suffer from covid and some of them dying as well yet people here want them to continue to play ipl. why tere baap ke naukar hai kya?

SHAME ON IPL, BCCI, MODI, AMBANI ETC 

all i see on my insta is indians sharing posts about covid situation there and they dont even know what ipl is. I hope IPL gets postponed. Nothing is expected from greedy players like Warner, Maxwell, Cummins and all the millionaires. They wont leave and would even jump from burj khalifa if their ipl lords ask them to just for the paper.

Who exactly advocated for players whose families are impacted to continue to play? 

6 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

Who exactly advocated for players whose families are impacted to continue to play? 

No one did but the stakes are made to be so high for this tournament that the darpok players and officials are scared that if they opt, they might never get selected. This is why IPL should be cancelled or postponed or whatever.

One of the main reasons that foreign players r leaving is because they r scared that their countries will ban flights from India, which would essentially make them stuck in India. With epidemiologists predicting the wave to peak mid may, that would coincide with the IPL ending. And once the IPL is over, the BCCI and franchises are no longer obligated to get the bubble going, so they will b on their own, in the middle of a peaking pandemic, alone, away from home and no way back home for who knows how long 

37 minutes ago, Cricketphile said:

One of the main reasons that foreign players r leaving is because they r scared that their countries will ban flights from India, which would essentially make them stuck in India. With epidemiologists predicting the wave to peak mid may, that would coincide with the IPL ending. And once the IPL is over, the BCCI and franchises are no longer obligated to get the bubble going, so they will b on their own, in the middle of a peaking pandemic, alone, away from home and no way back home for who knows how long 

That's a very scary scenario! I hope it doesn't come to that. And I hope the BCCI will arrange for their safe accommodation if needed.

1 hour ago, Cricketphile said:

That's precisely why Zampa and K Richardson have decided to leave.

2 hours ago, Cricketphile said:

Can't BCCI, arrange private flights for foreign players stranded after IPL in such cases? I'm pretty sure it's possible. And talks can be done with other cricket boards, to ask their governments for exceptions to the travel restrictions/ban from India.

Edited by I6MTW

Its embarrassing that a meaningless IPL tournament is being played in India while the country is literally falling apart and being torn due to covid.

What would it take for the IPL to be abandoned in 2021? Its disgraceful that there is literally 1000s of deaths each day due to covid and this IPL continues as if everything is fine.

India needs to have some dignity here and recognize the bigger problems in life.

Yes I live in Australia and life is great, but we have had lockdown and cricket and football seasons stopped so the country can set its priorities and focus on what is important in life.

This IPL tournament is a slap in the face to every Indian family that is suffering due to covid.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, rangeelaraja said:

It is disgraceful to carry on this IPL tamasha while an extra-ordinary catastrophic health emergency is on in India.

Uber spoilt fricking cricketers with their stupid fricking antics can F% off.

The IPL 2021 is going to be remembered like the band that played on while the Titanic sank.

This so true, while I live in Australia and have family in Malabar Hill in Mumbai that are all safe, it is sad what is happening to the poor and old people in India.

Absolutely disgrace that cricket is played.

At least International Cricket I can respect. A meaningless local tournament being played while bodies are being burnt due to covid is humiliating for those families suffering.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Its embarrassing that a meaningless IPL tournament is being played in India while the country is literally falling apart and being torn due to covid.

What would it take for the IPL to be abandoned in 2021? Its disgraceful that there is literally 1000s of deaths each day due to covid and this IPL continues as if everything is fine.

India needs to have some dignity here and recognize the bigger problems in life.

Yes I live in Australia and life is great, but we have had lockdown and cricket and football seasons stopped so the country can set its priorities and focus on what is important in life.

This IPL tournament is a slap in the face to every Indian family that is suffering due to covid.

Thank you for making sense here. 

There are some utterly shameless people here  on ICF who call people who object to IPL in these extraordinary tragic times as closet Pakies and what not. Utterly despicable maggots without compassion and an iota of common sense. 

Even foreign players and commentators like Gilchrist and Pat Cummins have spoken out against it hits your soul to make merry and play in a tamasha tournament when people around are dying for lack of oxygen.

BCCI is a leech, this must be put to an end. India cricket is not going to get hit if this tamasha is abandoned out of basic compassion for fellow Indians for 1 year.

8 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

No one did but the stakes are made to be so high for this tournament that the darpok players and officials are scared that if they opt, they might never get selected. This is why IPL should be cancelled or postponed or whatever.

Exactly what basis do you have to make this claim, other than your desire to see IPL fail?