IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ah! Another one in disguise with a Om DP. Why are you jokers ashamed of your nationality.

Who is ashamed?

I am all the time mistaken for European and I always correct people and tell them I am Indian.

You take any commentary from overseas posters as negative criticism, instead of possible exploring their viewpoint and seeing a balanced arugment.

Hell I often wear my Indian cricket tshirt during summer to the cricket in Australia.

10 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

They should have vaccinated all players prior to the season..poor planning indeed

Yeah I mean even way before the **** hit the fan as expected, shouldn’t that have been the first thing to have been done in any bio bubble. Vaccinate everyone involved in it including the staff etc.

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

They should have vaccinated all players prior to the season..poor planning indeed

There is a pecking order. The policy was that the front-line in the fight against the virus and the essential workers get vaccinated first. The 45+ years after that.

Its only from May 1st that everyone ( cricketers fall in that group) is allowed to get the vaccine. But there aren't enough jabs in many places and bookings aren't accepted.

IPL didn't fall under either of those categories. Should the people participating in the IPL be allowed to jump the queue? Hence the idea to keep a bio  bubble. Besides, a bubble is *supposed* to be secure. In this case it wasn't. 

Edited by Mariyam
There is a pecking order. The policy was that the front-line in the fight against the virus and the essential workers get vaccinated first. The 45+ years after that.
Its only from May 1st that everyone ( cricketers fall in that group) is allowed to get the vaccine. But there aren't enough jabs in many places and bookings aren't accepted.

IPL didn't fall under either of those categories. Should the people participating in the IPL be allowed to jump the queue? Hence the idea to keep a bio  bubble. Besides, a bubble is *supposed* to be secure. In this case it wasn't. 

Agree,but if you are scheduling it,then do it the right way.Or cancel it.

Knowing the threat of COVID, BCCI should have kept the tournament short (maybe devised a special format for this occasion). In Ind, it is usually the case of bolting the stables once the horses have left 

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Should the people participating in the IPL be allowed to jump the queue?

No but I'm pretty sure BCCI has the means & money to import it from AZ paying full price! If you're telling me that they "never thought of it" - then yeah the dumbf*** get what they deserve :whack2:

The only vehicles on the Indian roads (for the next few months) should be emergency, law enforcement and military, and authorized commercial vehicles that carry essential goods like food and oil. Close down all passenger trains.
Distribute n95 masks and sanitizers to everyone so that nobody had excuse not to wear one.

In urban areas, basic food and water is delivered free to every home/dwelling/family. Reassure people that they won’t starve and the country will look after them for a few months.

I wish India good luck, because a massive spread in India surely means more and more strains mutating, which means existing vaccines becoming ineffective and (eventually) spreading everywhere.

Every country should help out India to  fight this.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

P alert. What is this obsession of padosis to brag about looking white!!

Please dont offend or discriminate, I know your country is being destroyed but still try and demonstrate some class online albeit an anonymous forum.

Dont take an isolated comment without researching the context in which it was raised, it makes you look foolish and uneducated.

FWIW, I was told I am not proud to be Indian, I then carefully commented that I am always mistaken for being of European background, but I am proud to correct and inform people I am of Indian heritage.

Next time you bark, learn to check the room temperature before commenting in an aggressive and hostile manner.

I wish you all your best and may you and your family survive the pandemic in India.

49 minutes ago, poi said:

The only vehicles on the Indian roads (for the next few months) should be emergency, law enforcement and military, and authorized commercial vehicles that carry essential goods like food and oil. Close down all passenger trains.
Distribute n95 masks and sanitizers to everyone so that nobody had excuse not to wear one.

In urban areas, basic food and water is delivered free to every home/dwelling/family. Reassure people that they won’t starve and the country will look after them for a few months.

I wish India good luck, because a massive spread in India surely means more and more strains mutating, which means existing vaccines becoming ineffective and (eventually) spreading everywhere.

Every country should help out India to  fight this.

Here in Australia we like to help.

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/McGowan/2021/05/State-Government-donates-2-million-dollars-towards-India-COVID-crisis.aspx

I am sorry to all Indians who are suffering in India, I am devastated. I have family in India and I worry every day, my cousin has COVID she has tried to get admission into a few hospitals and they turned her away. Lucky my family managed to get her into a hospital and a bed and managed to find her some oxygen after hours of searching, but this oxygen will only last a few hours, I hope that is enough as she is young and was pretty fit, this is devastating for everyone.

Edited by SujitPrakash
16 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:
16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Agree,but if you are scheduling it,then do it the right way.Or cancel it.

Can't speak for them, can only speculate here.

The BCCI conducted a successful IPL from Sep to Nov 2020 w/o administering vaccines and only using bio bubbles. They must have thought they could emulate that feat again in India. 

23 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Thanks mate...hope you understand its a time of cricis and people are already upset with the way things are in the country. You are a good poster and I am sure you will respect it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Does a 'good poster' find the need the flaunt his purported affluence, skin tone and alleged education in every other post? Does a good poster find the need to generalize on the stupidity of Indians as a group and comment on their lack of empathy in the midst of a pandemic? Does a good poster need to make barely humorous snide references to safety of family members in every post in a fake show of empathy?

Would it make ICF a better board if everyone were a 'good poster' and decided to replicate this across threads?