IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

As long as maximum safety precautions are being taken to keep the players and officials safe ipl should continue.

It provides a semblence of normalcy to the people. 3 hrs of distraction from worry .

Stopping ipl will create panic and it should only be done if safety of players is in danger and not for lip swrvice of showing concerm .stopping ipl is in no way going to ease the troubles of people.

If it stops...the Indian players are going to be as unsafe as all others . Yes the foreign players do have the option of going to safer places but the Indian players will be in India  .How does it help an average Indian. No public money is going into ipl. It is voluntary to watch. Since no crowds are involved, very little govt machinery id being used.

19 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thank you for making sense here. 

There are some utterly shameless people here  on ICF who call people who object to IPL in these extraordinary tragic times as closet Pakies and what not. Utterly despicable maggots without compassion and an iota of common sense. 

Even foreign players and commentators like Gilchrist and Pat Cummins have spoken out against it hits your soul to make merry and play in a tamasha tournament when people around are dying for lack of oxygen.

BCCI is a leech, this must be put to an end. India cricket is not going to get hit if this tamasha is abandoned out of basic compassion for fellow Indians for 1 year.

In Australia all our domestic competitions were stopped during the pandemic until the cases dropped.

Whats happening in India is an indictment of the mentality of the average Indian in India and also the Indians on this forum that support the IPL going forward.

Stop the competition and let the country heal.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

As long as maximum safety precautions are being taken to keep the players and officials safe ipl should continue.

It provides a semblence of normalcy to the people. 3 hrs of distraction from worry .

Stopping ipl will create panic and it should only be done if safety of players is in danger and not for lip swrvice of showing concerm .stopping ipl is in no way going to ease the troubles of people.

If it stops...the Indian players are going to be as unsafe as all others . Yes the foreign players do have the option of going to safer places but the Indian players will be in India  .How does it help an average Indian. No public money is going into ipl. It is voluntary to watch. Since no crowds are involved, very little govt machinery id being used.

Ignorant comments like this is the reason why India is crippled by Covid.

You show you have no understanding of both Covid and society. You also demonstrate that cricket is more important than the health of the country.

My family in India is rich and privileged, yet it breaks my heart to see Indians suffer like they are.

You do not understand and lack the ability to comprehend why the IPL should be stopped.

What sickens me, is that people like yourself believe that the cricket provides normalcy. STOP being ignorant, the ONLY reason why the IPL is being played is for MONEY, not for normalcy.

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Cancelling IPL which is a marquee event no matter how you view the cricket itself is a big move. That can also cause panic and a doomsday scenario. Some decisions are not totally black and white. The option is to wrap it up and move on.

You are so foolish and dont understand that you are being fed this crap by the IPL and the media. They have vested interest in the IPL being played, because if it is cancelled they lose money. To the IPL you are just a pawn, a meaningless statistic.

In Australia we had lockdown and we had cancellation of sports etc etc, society coped, survived and now flourishes.

Maybe for once India can try and learn from Australia.

1 minute ago, IndianRenegade said:

If no one cares, why do care that it’s going on? How exactly is it impacting COVID fight?

Youre not educated, I cant begin to explain all this to you. Good luck. India looks like it will be going into a major depression.

Dont worry, I hope your IPL team wins. Thats all that counts while most of the country dies.

Pakistanis and their wet dreams...

Let the BCCI and franchises decide that with players view point being paramount. Despite all issues with pitches and quality of cricket, it is one thing giving people something to cheer about right now. In fact, government should use IPL to amplify all covid related messages. If needed put this edition on DD National so that it reaches every nook and corner. Spread positive messaging regarding precautions, vaccination and community efforts to keep the spread in check. 

Life hasn't and shouldn't come to a stand still, especially when the tournament is being played in a safe and secure bio bubble. I do hope it goes through without many glitches. Players will move out if they feel so, franchises will not force them to stay back.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
19 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Ignorant comments like this is the reason why India is crippled by Covid.

You show you have no understanding of both Covid and society. You also demonstrate that cricket is more important than the health of the country.

My family in India is rich and privileged, yet it breaks my heart to see Indians suffer like they are.

You do not understand and lack the ability to comprehend why the IPL should be stopped.

What sickens me, is that people like yourself believe that the cricket provides normalcy. STOP being ignorant, the ONLY reason why the IPL is being played is for MONEY, not for normalcy.

And how does it effect normal people . They are taking max precautions...more than even hospitals are taking .They are not burdening the public or govt. They are providing some relief for the hospitality industry while taking maximum precautions.

That is maximum that can be done .  Most Indians don't have that choice.

Besides this is not the first time you have come here to talk to us about how good your country is . 

A few months back...we were doing well. It is a *ing pandemic in an extremely populated country . **** happens and we are suffering.

No need to go around rubbing it in our faces by telling us how much better you are. You are not the only NRI here. Do you see others writing about how good there hotels are and how good their life is when we are going though **** ? No you don't .

You need to think about your insensitivity while you flaunt about your life here. Then may be people will take your issue with ipl seriously.

Edited by beetle
2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Youre not educated, I cant begin to explain all this to you. Good luck. India looks like it will be going into a major depression.

Dont worry, I hope your IPL team wins. Thats all that counts while most of the country dies.

yes we are foolish and uneducated Indians. So apart from rubbing your Aussie passport or immigrant visa and “virtual” PhD’s and academic accomplishments your education hasn’t come up with a better solution than cancelling IPL to save Indias covid problem.

May be Aussie society has had 0 impact  and all those degrees are worthless after all. I thought you should be showing us better options.

12 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

In Australia we had lockdown and we had cancellation of sports etc etc, society coped, survived and now flourishes

We also had that for almost a whole year. It is easy to manage 5 million people ...we are almost the most populous country in the world and the most dense. 

So do not compare. 

You want to empathise, do it without making silly comparision and insensitive comments.

Edited by beetle
15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

In Australia all our domestic competitions were stopped during the pandemic until the cases dropped.

Whats happening in India is an indictment of the mentality of the average Indian in India and also the Indians on this forum that support the IPL going forward.

Stop the competition and let the country heal.

What's with this condescending sermonizing?

You don't live here, have got zero stake, so let us worry about our internal matters. Don't decide on our behalf. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

And how does it effect normal people . They are taking max precautions...more than even hospitals are taking .They are not burdening the public or govt. They are proving some relief for the hospitality industry while taking maximum precautions.

That is maximum that can be done .  Most Indians don't have that choice.

Besides this is not the first time you have come here to talk to us about how good your country is . 

A few months back...we were doing well. It is a *ing pandemic in an extremely populated country . **** happens and we are suffering.

No need to go around rubbing it in our faces by telling us how much better you are. You are not the only NRI here. Do you see others writing about how good there hotels are and how good their life is when we are going though **** ? No you don't .

You need to think about your insensitivity while you flaunt about your life here. Then may be people will take your issue with ipl seriously.

Sorry, its just too much. Youre not educated to understand the points I am trying to make.

As I said, look at the country that had covid, had lockdowns and stopped all sporting events and then won the battle and succeed with a normal life.

Im not being insensitive.

You are hurting me by saying you would rather the IPL go forward. I am saying stop the IPL so the country can learn and focus on whats more important in life.

I have family in India, so what happens there effects me.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What's with this condescending sermonizing?

You don't live here, have got zero stake, so let us worry about our internal matters. Don't decide on our behalf. Thanks. 

Yes I have lived in India when I have stayed over there, so I understand and appreciate the issues and challenges India has.

Look if you think the IPL should go ahead while the country is being broken down and torn apart, then you are part of the problem.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

Look if you think the IPL should go ahead while the country is being broken down and torn apart, then you are part of the problem.

ok hypothetical scenario, IPL cancelled. Then what? How does that help shortage of vaccines/ oxygen/medicine  etc?

Players go back home. Then what?

BCCI/TV networks/ Franchise owners lose money but so what right they are rich so they can take a hit.

Now I am assuming these are smart, sensitive and educated opinions but can you use it to give alternative solutions?