IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

15 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Mr. "I have a rich and privileged family living in Malabar Hill, I'm educated, I was born and brought up in Australia" - aka @SRT100 - he has been on a non stop sermon with his phony sympathy. 

The city that he lives in - Melbourne, Australia - copped and continues to cop a lot of flack about it's heavy handed COVID response. 

The city has been shut down completely on the basis of a handful of people getting COVID. And by handful, I mean handful.

Business have gone broke because they haven't been able to pay their bills.

Not a problem for @SRT100 as he can just ask his rich folk to transfer over some funds.

Ignore this joker. And his phony sympathy.

I never stated I am rich or privileged.

I feel saddened in whats happening in India. The fact that cricket is a priority here still is embarrassing on a world stage.

You are part of the problem as to why India is in ruins due to COVID. Get your head out of your arse and try and be part of the solution.

I bet you watch your IPL circus each night wearing your colourful t shirts, proud that your team is winning, regardless of the dead bodies outside your apartment.

Atleast 100 frontline health care workers can be housed in a  secure bio-bubble Hotel  each where these cricketers for this bloody tamasha cricket are housed.

These 100 frontline healthcare  workers can serve over 1000-1500 patients.

Multiply that with the number of hotels that have been blocked out by this IPL tamasha crap and then multiply it with the duration on the IPL.

Selfish people without an iota of humane value.

Edited by rangeelaraja
Just now, SRT100 said:

I feel saddened in whats happening in India. The fact that cricket is a priority here still is embarrassing on a world stage.

You are part of the problem as to why India is in ruins due to COVID. Get your head out of your arse and try and be part of the solution.

I bet you watch your IPL circus each night wearing your colourful t shirts, proud that your team is winning, regardless of the dead bodies outside your apartment.

Mr Feku and his phony sympathy. 

15 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

It is a shameful shameful thing. I am a " Mumbaikar " although abroad for many years now, but this is the same bullshit we hear about us.

Mumbaikar's are "resilient", " the Mumbaikar spirit",  " the show must go on ".  BULL effing Shite.

We show ourselves as pathetic class based society, where tamash's for the extremely privileged must carry on while there is death and despair all around.

No bloody moral conscience or respect for fellow humans who are deeply underprivileged.

Even the foreign cricketers playing in India feel its against their moral conscience, but resident ICF idiots don't.

I am truly disgusted and embarrassed by seeing rich privileged Indians celebrating and dancing with their IPL team in the empty stadiums while the country is literally dying.

This is what is wrong with Indian society, not respecting that there is people suffering out there.

1 minute ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Mr Feku and his phony sympathy. 

You may have been right if I was a new poster on here.

I have been on here for years and supporting Indian cricket all the time.

The phony is you, you are phony towards your own country.

13 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Yes I live in Australia and life is great,

This so true, while I live in Australia and have family in Malabar Hill in Mumbai 

My family in India is rich and privileged

Youre not educated, 

Can one get any more BESHARAM? B E S H A R A M.

Hiding your superiority complex under the guise of concern. 

Australia is about to close its borders with India today.......

The Indian crisis is likely to see Australia slam shut the borders to flights from India for the moment, with the ban expected to be signed off when national cabinet's meets on Tuesday.

India recorded 2,812 Covid deaths on Monday and infections in rose to 352,991 - a record peak and a new global high for a fifth day running. 

The situation in a country with a population of 1.4 billion is 'beyond heartbreaking,' World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said, adding that WHO is sending extra staff and supplies including oxygen concentrator devices. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9514109/David-Warner-Steve-Smith-Pat-Cummins-join-cricket-stars-stranded-India.html

4 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Can one get any more BESHARAM? B E S H A R A M.

Hiding your superiority complex under the guise of concern. 

India is in a State of Emergency and you are busy quoting me on an anonymous cricket forum and have time to watch the IPL circus.

lol

8 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

You may have been right if I was a new poster on here.

I have been on here for years and supporting Indian cricket all the time.

The phony is you, you are phony towards your own country.

Who were you pretending to be all these days?

We're you as besharam than as your are now?

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

Mariyam, you and the other advocates for IPL continuation are completely missing the point.

The issue is about moral and societal responsibility. Does it sound humane to carry on a cricketing extravaganza where some 250-300 IPL players, support staff etc are given 7 star luxury and resources for bio-bubble while people all around including medical workers are dying because of lack of resources.  It sounds grossly inhumane.

The 5-star and 7-star hotels that the players live in can be converted into quarantine centers or centers to house medical workers till the tide turns.

Is a cricketing extravaganza so bloody important ????

It's their work, playing cricket.

16 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Cricket is a priority of BCCI. You want people to go jobless. Lot of people earning their bread and butter through cricket.

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

How ? How will it save 25 million lives?

Explain. ...since you are the only one who is educated.

Australia's population is about 25 million.

Australia has a couple of cases of covid and we shut down entire states. In India, 1000s have covid and nothing happens.

The Value of an Australian Life in Australia >>>>> Value of an Indian Life in India.

One of the reasons why COVID is not taken seriously is that there is millions of Indians not taking this pandemic seriously. The colorful IPL circus sends a message to the population that everything is ok, when it isnt.

In Australia we shut down ALL sporting events when we had small outbreaks. Australians used the time to educate, spend time with family and also stopped the spread of the outbreak.

The IPL circus further enhances the image that life in India is worthless if you are middle class or lower.

The day will come when those "BUBBLES" burst and then lets see who was right and wrong?

There was posters on here, absolute  clowns that stated COVID would disappear over the Indian summer. I couldnt believe how stupid most posters on here were, when they agreed with this and even wanted the IPL circus last year.

COVID had the last laugh. Sadly.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There was no IPL in India last time. It didn't stop covid or stop people from dying.

The outbreak of COVID last year was a lot better than what is happening now.

Thats the problem. India does not value Indian human lives.

We shut the country too but we are billions and can't afford to keep the country shut forever. Billion plus people means more chances of spread and more mouths to feed.

Besides....we were fine till a few months back till this second strain hit us hard. The world is not safe anywhere, so don't be so cocky . Last year it was New York , right now it is India ....who knows which poor region will be next with God know which new strain. 

As for covid, it is new, no one knows how it works. We all thought we had beaten it . We were wrong . So please don't be so cocky about beating covid so soon. Hope your country never has to seen the resurgence of this virus and the hopelessness it brings with it . But have some empathy for the people who have been battling it for too long now . 

Your constant comparision does not make sense when the numbers are so different .