Jump to content
Franco Vazquez

What started as a joke has turned into a disaster

Recommended Posts

Frankly, it would not matter if it got cancelled this year. IPL is an established brand now. I imagine we would have no problems assembling the foreign players and other stakeholders next year in the event of cancellation this year. It's not he same situation as with PSL. 

 

And to be honest, IPL and cricket seems insignificant in light of the tragedy facing the country.

Link to post
8 hours ago, Clarke said:

From Cummins' letter, it looks like the tournament will continue, it is being used as a mechanism to keep people indoors during entertainment time slot. 

+1, IPL is no different to any another entertainment during lockdown and quarantine periods.

 

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, raki05 said:

Lets postponed the IPL, scheduled it during wt20  or at least spread the rumor and then see the mass meltdown in neighboring world...:pop2:

Pakistani would love that since they would be the only full strength side and might have a chance to get to knockout stage of WC.  they still wouldn’t win it.

Link to post
1 hour ago, First class said:

IPL should continue , for many reasons and one of them is  to show the world that a big sports events can be conducted successfully , even during the worst pandemic days, with strict control of the bubble and by following the safety protocol. 

Covid is here to stay for many years to come and we have to live with that , safely and securely. 

 

Youre so funny.

 

If you want an example of big sports events conducted successfully. Look at Australia.

 

India is the last place I would look at for success in terms of a controlled pandemic environment.

Link to post
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

 

Youre so funny.

 

If you want an example of big sports events conducted successfully. Look at Australia.

 

India is the last place I would look at for success in terms of a controlled pandemic environment.

is it because you want to pump the tires of the country you now live in? The AO had it's share of issues btw. We had England coming here for a long series and if i had to guess, the ipl organisers might have done things differently if they knew when and how the 2nd wave will hit. this whole tournament schedule looks like it was intended to take advantage of crowds being able to come in else it would have been a lot like the last ipl in uae.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

is it because you want to pump the tires of the country you now live in? The AO had it's share of issues btw. We had England coming here for a long series and if i had to guess, the ipl organisers might have done things differently if they knew when and how the 2nd wave will hit. this whole tournament schedule looks like it was intended to take advantage of crowds being able to come in else it would have been a lot like the last ipl in uae.

 

The country I have always lived in.

 

Learn from Australia and India too can be successful in overcoming COVID.

Link to post
14 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

 

The country I have always lived in.

 

Learn from Australia and India too can be successful in overcoming COVID.

We have nothing to 'learn' from a country which has a very different situation and different challenges to face in the same set of global circumstances, it's not an apples to apples comparison. Especially when pound for pound you could argue that some lessons could even go the other way.  So you can take your homilies and shove it where the sun doesn't shine as the concern porn is wearing pretty thin.

While you're at it try convincing the average bowgin protesting in your utopia why his livelihood and business is being destroyed by draconian lockdowns.

Link to post

All the foreign players disinterested as mentioned by OP? Seriously.

 

I see 4 foreigners playing in almost all matches, except few where teams feel the 4th foreignir is not required.

 

The OP is probably not even aware how many foreign players are still in India as part of squads. I would say surely100-120 foreignors are there as players, coaches, support staff, commentators are concerned. Only 5 to 10 foreignors must be leaving India. That's a huge success for IPL that 95% are still involved. Surprised how the OP states that it has been a disaster. What type of maths or logic is being used while looking at numbers?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, neel roy said:

A nation where more gdp ( Bangladesh has a much bigger GDP than Pakistan with 7 crore less population.. shame..fyi)  is spent on weapons than providing basic needs of human beings.. what more can you expect from their poor supporters.. who have nothing to do than crib about IPL.. kaam dhanda to hai nahi..

 

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

All the foreign players disinterested as mentioned by OP? Seriously.

 

I see 4 foreigners playing in almost all matches, except few where teams feel the 4th foreignir is not required.

 

The OP is probably not even aware how many foreign players are still in India as part of squads. I would say surely100-120 foreignors are there as players, coaches, support staff, commentators are concerned. Only 5 to 10 foreignors must be leaving India. That's a huge success for IPL that 95% are still involved. Surprised how the OP states that it has been a disaster. What type of maths or logic is being used while looking at numbers?

 

 

 

 

 

 

The most cringing part is their ulta fake morality and concern for humanity.

Link to post
53 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

 

The most cringing part is their ulta fake morality and concern for humanity.

Yes the Nation which gave refuge to the biggest terrorist of the world who was responsible for 6000 direct death of civilians and countless who died later during civil war.. and they show concern for humanity..

Link to post
15 hours ago, neel roy said:

Yes the Nation which gave refuge to the biggest terrorist of the world who was responsible for 6000 direct death of civilians and countless who died later during civil war.. and they show concern for humanity..

I thought this was a cricket forum, or is cricket/Pakistan basing forum? It won't be a bad idea to create another forum for the same purpose. 

Link to post
On 4/27/2021 at 4:54 AM, neel roy said:

A nation where more gdp ( Bangladesh has a much bigger GDP than Pakistan with 7 crore less population.. shame..fyi)  is spent on weapons than providing basic needs of human beings.. what more can you expect from their poor supporters.. who have nothing to do than crib about IPL.. kaam dhanda to hai nahi..

But this is different level of obsession. Franko poster has threads in bigfooty as well begging aussies to pull out of IPL lol.. Hehe obsessed. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...