Jump to content
puneet28

Pat Cummins donates $50,000 for PM Cares Fund

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bundaberg said:

 

 

More Aussies are donating, Australia one of the most charitable countries in the world. 

 

But this is a sad, sad indictment on India and Indians that preach how great a country India is.

 

What is your BCCI doing? What a sad indictment.

 

I am sorry for being so harsh, but everyone in Australia is hearth broken by what we are seeing happening in India, your government is trying to cover things up, India is going the way of China.

 

 

BCCI donated 51 cr INR (7.5 million dollars) to the PM cares fund. Thats one organisation which has always stepped up. A number of Indian players have donated amounts ranging from 10 lakhs to 80 lakhs ($15k to $120k).

 

Our government is in a terrible mess and has the accountability for this humanitarian crisis but that shouldn't be used to drag BCCI down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

BCCI donated 51 cr INR (7.5 million dollars) to the PM cares fund. Thats one organisation which has always stepped up. A number of Indian players have donated amounts ranging from 10 lakhs to 80 lakhs ($15k to $120k).

 

Our government is in a terrible mess and has the accountability for this humanitarian crisis but that shouldn't be used to drag BCCI down.

 

Can you tell me as an Aussie that has no affiliation with India why the government held political rallies, holy gatherings etc?

 

You PM himself attend a massive rally and bragged about all the people there? 

 

Why the Indian government is takings down tweets that are critical of the government  etc? This is what China does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bundaberg said:

 

Can you tell me as an Aussie that has no affiliation with India why the government held political rallies, holy gatherings etc?

 

You PM himself attend a massive rally and bragged about all the people there? 

 

Why the Indian government is takings down tweets that are critical of the government  etc? This is what China does.

And what has all this got to with the IPL?

 

PM and his govt's incompetence has led us where we are and they will deservingly pay a heavy political price for that. Our democracy will take care of that  Not going into all that on this thread.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cricket Australia donates $50,000 to help fight pandemic

 

Australian Cricket will be throwing its support behind the India COVID-19 Crisis Appeal, with Cricket Australia, the Australian Cricketers' Association and UNICEF Australia partnering to raise much-needed funds. Australian Cricket has been deeply saddened by the devastation caused by this second coronavirus wave to hit India, a country with which Australians share a strong friendship and connection. UNICEF Australia's India COVID-19 Crisis Appeal is procuring and installing oxygen generation plants in hospitals to treat seriously ill patients, providing testing equipment in heavily impacted districts, and supporting the acceleration of the COVID-19 vaccination rollout.

 

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/cricket-australia-donates-50-000-to-help-india-fight-covid-19-pandemic-2426811?pfrom=home-ndtv_cricket

 

So what happened to Modi and Indians bragging about how they smashed the virus? 

 

This stops with Modi, why did he let millions to have political rallies, 20 million in a religious festival? Sorry to say this but no wonder India is a third world country and will always be.

 

India had a year to prepare for this, but yet your hospital system has collapsed, in fact India never had a public health system, you scientist and doctors were warning about this but Modi did not listen.

 

I am heartbroken by what's happening in India, but I guess Indians will keep voting for Modi and believing your nationalistic press which has been bought and paid for by Modi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 3:22 AM, Bundaberg said:

 

Can you tell me as an Aussie that has no affiliation with India why the government held political rallies, holy gatherings etc?

 

You PM himself attend a massive rally and bragged about all the people there? 

 

Why the Indian government is takings down tweets that are critical of the government  etc? This is what China does.

 

On elections / Talib jamaat and Kumbmela etctwo things 1, Lack of accountability a PM can be a career politician spend time electioneering and politicking no questions asked, Modi and Amit Shaw are party men they were called up on to win elections and they went ahead even when they had portfolios - now what if any impact it had remains to be seen and 2 , wrong guidance that India had controlled Covid when all it did was control wave 1. even with just 10% of overall population being vaccinated, close 35% of over 45 age group were vaccinated as of few days back. This was done because older people were getting infected, younger people got sicker and this was overlooked. So much that Judiciary and Election commission did not deem it fit to stop elections. 

 

Did modi brag about people in a rally  ? not sure where is the evidence ? even if he did what is the context ?. This is a popular left narrative to bring Modi and India down - you wont find takers here for such things.

 

Why Indian govt is taking down critical tweets - you need to give examples. Once we look at samples we will know what objection was raised, these things can't be generalized. If you are expecting to club India with some north korea china pakistan type totalitarian regime people will not just accept it, you need to bring in more evidence. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

who bragged where. Which 'Indians' Bragged about it ?

 

Then, in early March, Modi’s health minister announced that India was “in the endgame” of the pandemic. That same month, thousands of unmasked cricket fans poured into a stadium in Gujarat named after Modi to watch matches between India and England. Many thousands more were bused to crowded political rallies for elections in four states in eastern and southern India. The Hindu festival of Kumbh Mela—the world’s largest religious gathering that ordinarily convenes every 12 years—was allowed to be brought forward by a year in deference to Hindu priests, who decreed that 2021 was an auspicious year for it. On April 12 alone, more than 3 million pilgrims took a communal dip in the Ganges River in the holy city of Haridwar.

 

Five days later, just as India’s reported daily new infections surged past 230,000, Modi bragged to a swarm of supporters in West Bengal that he had “never seen such crowds at a rally.” The pandemic, as far as Modi was concerned, was over. The hectic electioneering doubled as a victory lap. 

 

Modi had claimed in January that he had equipped India with “COVID-specific infrastructure.” Where was it as Indians began perishing in record numbers? The man who had seduced voters in 2014 with promises of smart cities and abundant jobs had once again hoodwinked the country with a rhetorical Potemkin village: Behind the facade, there was only desolation and death.

 

India might have been spared this humanitarian crisis had Modi not neglected his duties and vilified those who offered him constructive counsel. 

 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/30/modi-india-covid-19-pandemic-crisis-disaster/

 

And yet Indians keep voting for him, it seems to me to be a cult of personality.

Edited by Bundaberg
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

 

On elections / Talib jamaat and Kumbmela etctwo things 1, Lack of accountability a PM can be a career politician spend time electioneering and politicking no questions asked, Modi and Amit Shaw are party men they were called up on to win elections and they went ahead even when they had portfolios - now what if any impact it had remains to be seen and 2 , wrong guidance that India had controlled Covid when all it did was control wave 1. even with just 10% of overall population being vaccinated, close 35% of over 45 age group were vaccinated as of few days back. This was done because older people were getting infected, younger people got sicker and this was overlooked. So much that Judiciary and Election commission did not deem it fit to stop elections. 

 

Did modi brag about people in a rally  ? not sure where is the evidence ? even if he did what is the context ?. This is a popular left narrative to bring Modi and India down - you wont find takers here for such things.

 

Why Indian govt is taking down critical tweets - you need to give examples. Once we look at samples we will know what objection was raised, these things can't be generalized. If you are expecting to club India with some north korea china pakistan type totalitarian regime people will not just accept it, you need to bring in more evidence. 

 

 

 

India Covid: Anger as Twitter ordered to remove critical virus posts

 

 

Thousands across India are outraged after the government ordered social media platform Twitter to remove posts critical of its handling of the virus.

 

A Twitter spokesperson confirmed it had blocked some material from being viewed in India.

 

The country faces a massive surge in cases, with many of its hospitals facing an oxygen shortage.

 

One Twitter user accused the government of "finding it easier to take down tweets than ensure oxygen supplies".

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56883483

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bundaberg said:

 

Then, in early March, Modi’s health minister announced that India was “in the endgame” of the pandemic. That same month, thousands of unmasked cricket fans poured into a stadium in Gujarat named after Modi to watch matches between India and England. Many thousands more were bused to crowded political rallies for elections in four states in eastern and southern India. The Hindu festival of Kumbh Mela—the world’s largest religious gathering that ordinarily convenes every 12 years—was allowed to be brought forward by a year in deference to Hindu priests, who decreed that 2021 was an auspicious year for it. On April 12 alone, more than 3 million pilgrims took a communal dip in the Ganges River in the holy city of Haridwar.

 

Five days later, just as India’s reported daily new infections surged past 230,000, Modi bragged to a swarm of supporters in West Bengal that he had “never seen such crowds at a rally.” The pandemic, as far as Modi was concerned, was over. The hectic electioneering doubled as a victory lap. 

 

Modi had claimed in January that he had equipped India with “COVID-specific infrastructure.” Where was it as Indians began perishing in record numbers? The man who had seduced voters in 2014 with promises of smart cities and abundant jobs had once again hoodwinked the country with a rhetorical Potemkin village: Behind the facade, there was only desolation and death.

 

India might have been spared this humanitarian crisis had Modi not neglected his duties and vilified those who offered him constructive counsel. 

 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/30/modi-india-covid-19-pandemic-crisis-disaster/

 

And yet Indians keep voting for him, it seems to me to be a cult of personality.

I don't know what Indians did to deserve  such leaders:facepalm:On the other side we have Pappu Gandhi & then we have Modi.   This is what happens when there is serious lack of option in the country.  Sometimes I feel Military rule might be best option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bundaberg said:

 

Then, in early March, Modi’s health minister announced that India was “in the endgame” of the pandemic. That same month, thousands of unmasked cricket fans poured into a stadium in Gujarat named after Modi to watch matches between India and England. Many thousands more were bused to crowded political rallies for elections in four states in eastern and southern India. The Hindu festival of Kumbh Mela—the world’s largest religious gathering that ordinarily convenes every 12 years—was allowed to be brought forward by a year in deference to Hindu priests, who decreed that 2021 was an auspicious year for it. On April 12 alone, more than 3 million pilgrims took a communal dip in the Ganges River in the holy city of Haridwar.

 

Five days later, just as India’s reported daily new infections surged past 230,000, Modi bragged to a swarm of supporters in West Bengal that he had “never seen such crowds at a rally.” The pandemic, as far as Modi was concerned, was over. The hectic electioneering doubled as a victory lap. 

 

Modi had claimed in January that he had equipped India with “COVID-specific infrastructure.” Where was it as Indians began perishing in record numbers? The man who had seduced voters in 2014 with promises of smart cities and abundant jobs had once again hoodwinked the country with a rhetorical Potemkin village: Behind the facade, there was only desolation and death.

 

India might have been spared this humanitarian crisis had Modi not neglected his duties and vilified those who offered him constructive counsel. 

 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/30/modi-india-covid-19-pandemic-crisis-disaster/

 

And yet Indians keep voting for him, it seems to me to be a cult of personality.

Such articles are dime a dozen. I saw an article that claimed funereal pyres are spilling over and  conducted in parking lots. While reality was since they had a large amount of funerals the covid cremation center decided to do them in a space earlier used to park vehicles ( Indian rural areas do not have paved marked parking lots like west),this is a space outside the city so there aren't fully developed aminities. And the number of funereals at one time is high as they are doing it all together once in a day. It is a grave human suffering but there is agenda based biased malicious reporting, since Indians are suffering from the virus there won't be anyone bothered to retort such malicious smear agenda, no one cares. More important things are being lost. 

Edited by Vilander
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vilander said:

Such articles are dime a dozen. I saw an article that claimed funereal pyres are spilling over and  conducted in parking lots. While reality was since they had a large amount of funerals the covid cremation center decided to do them in a space earlier used to park vehicles ( Indian rural areas do not have paved marked parking lots like west),this is a space outside the city so there aren't fully developed aminities. And the number of funereals at one time is high as they are doing it all together once in a day. It is a grave human suffering but there is agenda based biased malicious reporting, since Indians are suffering from the virus there won't be anyone bothered to retort such malicious smear agenda, no one cares. More important things are being lost. 

Duse the situation is a million times worse than being reported. You need to come out fo the cult of worshiping a person and a party and worry about the country

 

 

And of course we are not used to a free and independent media reporting, our own home grown media has completely sold out to the ruling party, so to you repeating truth and facts would seem malicious and agenda 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What Pat Cummins did is generous and honorable but also a bit naive. Those who comment on Indian cricketers and their stinginess don't recognize the true India. We are ruled by a den of thieves now, yesterday for a full millennia. Our govt has collected enough taxes over the past few years under various names such as income tax (levied like a first world country with third world facilities), swach bharat cess, student cess, gst, state gst, etc. Why can't they buy oxygen with this money. is anybody thinking of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...