RCB-KKR match rescheduled/postponed

SK_IH

11 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

The first poster said give it to the table leaders and DC are on top of the table.  I didn’t make the rules :aha:

Nope, he (I) said, announce the table toppers mid-way through the tournament as winners.. which was one game before yesterday's when all teams had played 7 games.. 

So  :csk: 

Edited by bowl_out

2 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

3 false positives all from the same franchise...What are the odds this will happen? Something fishy here..

What test are the using, are they using Rapid Antigen Test initially and if positive use the PCR test?

Was never a fan of bubble, Bio-bubbles arent viable option for such a long tournament with a team having 50+ members if one includes family members. At best should have confined to South Side hosting matches at Chennai, Kerala, Banglore and Hyderabad. And should have organised only one leg of every team playing against each other for one time before going into playofffs Or could have grouped them into 2 groups of 4 teams and directly playing SF-Final. BCCI's greed is never ending, hosting matches at Delhi-Ahmedabad was always going to be difficult. And this idea of testing everyone in KKR Camp till 6th is another bad move.Dont they have Doctors/Health personnel in IPL managing /advising committee? 

18 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Michael Slater has escaped to Maldives from the Commentary Bio Bubble ( So much for the security ) and has abused the Australian PM for not letting the Australians come back.This is getting dirtier by the hour 

I think the Australian PM should revoke Slater's citizenship out of spite.

9 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

I think the Australian PM should revoke Slater's citizenship out of spite.

In Slater's defence, the Australian govt did allow their citizens to participate in the IPL, so they should have had a plan to safely bring them back early if they believed the situation in India was scary 

3 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

In Slater's defence, the Australian govt did allow their citizens to participate in the IPL, so they should have had a plan to safely bring them back early if they believed the situation in India was scary 

Five years in prison for coming back . I believe they have the best quarantine programme...they can quarantine and test them till they are satisfied.

So why such draconian measures?

24 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Michael Slater has escaped to Maldives from the Commentary Bio Bubble ( So much for the security ) and has abused the Australian PM for not letting the Australians come back.This is getting dirtier by the hour 

Can't blame him. Maldives is a safer option. Spend the time he is required to spend there as per Aus govt rules. Likely to see a similar exodus if BCCI doesn't communicate transparently with the stakeholders.

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

BCCI is trying their best to suppress COVID cases. They are saying cases in CSK camp are false positives but CSK is saying its actually positive and according to Vikrant Gupta, there is another franchise in Ahmedabad (other than KKR) which has positive cases.

You sound desperate. Can't fault you though

25 minutes ago, beetle said:

Five years in prison for coming back . I believe they have the best quarantine programme...they can quarantine and test them till they are satisfied.

So why such draconian measures?

Completely agree. What happens if their citizen's visa in another country expires? Why should the other country keep them if their own country is not accepting them. Citizens should never be banned from entering their own country. Surely, they could have done a better job at quarantining people entering their own country. 

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Nope, he (I) said, announce the table toppers mid-way through the tournament as winners.. which was one game before yesterday's when all teams had played 7 games.. 

So  :csk: 

Not so fast my friend. We take top two teams at mid-way point (DC and CSK) as the final match and champion is decided by head-to-head match-up.  Thus congratulations to Vivo IPL 2021 champions :dc:

QED.

Are they waiting for someone to die. Should call off given that players and franchisee management are not following protocols. These cricketers are moslty below 30. They may not understand the seriousness of breaching the protocol and catching virus or passing it too others,  but atleast the BCCI board members who are elder ones should show some sense.

Information from Boria Majumdar on Sports Tak: There was no breach of bubble by Varun Chakravarthy or Sandeep Warrier. His visit to hospital was well within the guidelines, with all protocols followed. He was in hospital for only around five minutes, and the staff that attended him were asymptomatic and vaccinated. KKR players are currently in hard quarantine. Varun and Warrier will be in quarantine for at least 10 days.

Interesting