IPL 2021 suspended

Franco Vazquez

It is very likely that the spread of covid in the cities is such that bio-bubbles is practically impossible to maintain short of everyone wearing PPE at all times. Even walking past the stadium, where virus shedding ground staff had walked 30 seconds earlier, could result in infection. Delhi and the North do have the UK variant which transmits 50% easier. I find it hard to blame a single player when multiple teams are reporting infections.

The bigger problem for disease transmission is the tiniest droplets – those less than 10 micrometers in diameter – which can remain suspended in the air as aerosols for hours at a time.”

14 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Entirely on BCCI.. Such loose protocols at a time the virus was raging in the country, they brought everything upon themselves. I doubt India will host a single international series this year 

You don’t say. The peak hasn’t even happened yet. The peak alone could go on for the rest of the year, unless the country completely shuts down(which it won’t). 

The deaths from daily 400K infections haven’t even occurred yet, not for another week or so. And the deaths could go on for a long time.  I doubt India would host anything for the foreseeable future.

And the rest of the world will cut off all travel hoping to forcefully quarantine the country. Until the entire population (80%+) is vaccinated, but that may not even work anymore  because of mass on-going transmission and new (unknown) variants and older vaccines becoming less and less effective.

The only solution is to forcefully shut off all activity and treat it as a nuclear war with radioactive fallout outside. The military in full PPE must be mobilized to provide basic necessity(food, water, medicine, and vaccination) and enforce restrictions.  Will the government have enough courage and will people demand it? It will be a painful 2021 and 2022, but if drastic measures aren’t taken now, the entire decade doesn’t look good.

6 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

International media exposed positive cases? Apparently this breach happened on 1st may , and by 3rd may we were aware of it. How did international media knew before that?  which media was that?  

Apparently Aussie players leaked it to the Australian media. That's why you saw Peter Lalor being the first one to break the COVID cases news even before the Indian reporters. Even Rahul Rawat and Vikrant Gupta said that they knew about the covid cases and that it is likely that BCCI brushed it under the carpet.

9 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

International media exposed positive cases? Apparently this breach happened on 1st may , and by 3rd may we were aware of it. How did international media knew before that?  which media was that?  

Looks like it was Reuters.

EXCLUSIVE Scientists say India government ignored warnings amid coronavirus surge | Reuters

Edited by SujitPrakash

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Apparently Aussie players leaked it to the Australian media. That's why you saw Peter Lalor being the first one to break the COVID cases news even before the Indian reporters. Even Rahul Rawat and Vikrant Gupta said that they knew about the covid cases and that it is likely that BCCI brushed it under the carpet.

Peter Lalor tweeted it at 12PM, cricbuzz tweeted about the news at 11:50PM. How's he the first one to break?

On 5/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Real McCoy said:

Right on top of the article, it says "opinion". Case dismissed. BTW why don't you move your pawkey ass to pakfooty

Are you still defending this absolute **** show? No true indian will ever do that. That's the opposite of being patriotic. 

I guess loyalty for a party and its leader is way more important than being loyal to one's country. Weren't you the one denying the severity of COVID and calling it all a conspiracy just couple fo months back and laughing at people taking it seriously?

10 hours ago, New guy said:

Are you still defending this absolute **** show? No true indian will ever do that. That's the opposite of being patriotic. 

I guess loyalty for a party and its leader is way more important than being loyal to one's country. Weren't you the one denying the severity of COVID and calling it all a conspiracy just couple fo months back and laughing at people taking it seriously?

No you stupid fvck. I'm replying to an obvious padosi troll who posts here and in aussie forums and acts differently there. Why are you defending him unless you are one of his ilk or is it mulk. Are you saying I'm loyal to bjp lol. you don't have any clue.