IPL 2021 suspended

Franco Vazquez

3 hours ago, sage said:

As long as bubble isn't burst what's the problem? 

Thats ignorant and that explains why Covid is rampant in India.

Covid spreads so easily.

I will never forget the dumbest quote on here, when one poster said last year, they dont need to worry about covid because by summer the heat will kill the virus and many posters applauded and agreed with him.

The height of Indian ignorance.

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Do you understand quarantine and testing . You think their country will let them walk in to their homes?

Do you realise the players are in the safest bubble in ipl. They are tested every other day inspite of being in a bubble?

Teams are now changing venues which increases the possibilities for exposure.  This is happening while the virus is spreading like wildfire.  International players also facing a real possibility they won’t be able to leave until things settle down and face lengthy quarantine when they do get home.

7 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

RCB's  Kane Richardson and Zampa are leaving, too. Obviously Aussie would prefer to be at their home where there is hardly any cases even if they are in Biobubble in India. Epidemiologists are predicting Tsunami of cases by 15th of May so this is not surprising.

Australia has so far been a very safe and enjoyable country to live in due to covid.

Its sad whats happening in India. Whats even more sad is the ignorance of most people in India in regards to Covid.

1 minute ago, GeeGaw said:

Teams are now changing venues which increases the possibilities for exposure.  This is happening while the virus is spreading like wildfire.  International players also facing a real possibility they won’t be able to leave until things settle down and face lengthy quarantine when they do get home.

No, not in Australia. No lengthy quarantine. We are educated here.

We have established quarantine hotels and there is daily testing and isolation for 14 days, for the most part it is very strict.

Hence why Australia recently had over 100k people attend a football game in Melbourne.

Just now, WC2011INDIA said:

I am sure the franchises can afford atleast 4 star hotels in and around airport. Then again not every city has aerocity delhi.

You dont understand as your from India, every day people in Australia are staying In decent hotels in quarantine. Not just the wealthy.

Stop dancing like a Bollywood actor, no one cares about the IPL. Even the cricketers dont care, they only care because of money.

In Australia we dont let our patients die on the roadside. We get them into a proper decent hospital.

57 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

This meaningless tournament that is the IPL should be abandoned, I hope the players leave and focus on life's priorities.

22 minutes ago, beetle said:

Stop rubbing it in.

We get it.You live in a first world country with a handful of people to care for compared to India. 

We also had a very strict very long  lockdown  last year. We are too many people with too many issues .

Enjoy your previlege and stop repeating it . We heard you .

Not really you havent. You have NOT heard me at all.

STOP PLAYING IPL, fix the country and then resume life properly. You fail to understand the epidemiological reasons why the IPL needs to be stopped.

I live in a 1st class privileged country, because society here stopped domestic sports and placed the value of life higher than sports. Unlike in India.

I have a small vested interest in what happens. I have family in India, while they are safe, I still dont want to see society there crumble and go back 50 years.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

the point is it is not easy to regulate people in India. The gloating that Aus has this facility and that is pointless. It is apples to oranges comparison.

Sure I understand India has poor literacy rates etc etc, but education, education, education is the key here.

You can overcome covid, but it will take at least a year or two.

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Not really you havent. You have NOT heard me at all.

STOP PLAYING IPL, fix the country and then resume life properly. You fail to understand the epidemiological reasons why the IPL needs to be stopped.

I live in a 1st class privileged country, because society here stopped domestic sports and placed the value of life higher than sports. Unlike in India.

I have a small vested interest in what happens. I have family in India, while they are safe, I still dont want to see society there crumble and go back 50 years.

Should IPL have been played with probably not, but stopping now would do good either all the social media is filled with so many sad stories so IPL provide some comfort and diversion, it probably should restricted one venue  and there should be any celebration and them contribute some relief would great

Yes we need fix country but canceling IPL won't fix maybe it will  some attention sure, but it might also bring anxiety and stress people who desperately seek 

And yes your country handled well because you stuck with lockdown strategy for now its seems great also being Island nation helped

And I understand  concern but even disaster can  have positive effect if correction done like much needed help in health sector, good research being conducted I know its unlikely but atleast this has shown Indians its weakness and why its not ready to be super power and we need work hard for that 

Edited by rising