IPL 2021 suspended

Franco Vazquez

19 minutes ago, vivek04 said:

How are the European football clubs manage despite there were instances of  one or two players getting positive. While on the next day  they play as per schedule.

bc they have large squads plus the academy players. The season go on for almost a year whereas IPL is only two months long event. There is no bubble in European football leagues

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Feeling bad for Aussie players...they cant return home or else will face jail time. Hope BCCI provides them accomodation in Dubai or Maldives or somewhere safe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We in Australia place a huge value on each and every life, our government in Australia will bring them back even if it takes weeks.

Unfortunately for India and Indians they have voted for a man that does not listen to science and doctors. 

A man who brags about how "India managed to beat the virus, lets millions gather for a religious festival on the say so of an astrologer, let million's of people gather in a political rally and then said how wonderful it was to see so many people, tries to get post against him to be deleted" India has also dropped to 140 in the world in press freedom.

Even though Aussies are all heart broken over India, but in the end India and Indians deserve this, I am sorry to say.

Edited by Bundaberg

7 minutes ago, Bundaberg said:

We in Australia place a huge value on each and every life, our government in Australia will bring them back even if it takes weeks.

Unfortunately for India and Indians they have voted for a man that does not listen to science and doctors. 

A man who brags about how "India managed to beat the virus, lets millions gather for a religious festival on the say so of an astrologer, let million's of people gather in a political rally and then said how wonderful it was to see so many people, tries to get post against him to be deleted" India has also dropped to 140 in the world in press freedom.

Even though Aussies are all heart broken over India, but in the end India and Indians deserve this, I am sorry to say.

I was just amazed and stunned to see this tournament continue while the country was being destroyed by COVID.

I couldnt comprehend this.

In Australia, we had small community outbreaks and the NRL and AFL seasons were placed on permanent hold. You then begin to appreciate what the main differences are between the two countries, the value of life.

India will heal and it will be stronger than before, however it should not have had to incur the wrath of the 2nd wave, in many ways this was preventable.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:43 AM, coffee_rules said:

Empty stadiums, bio-bubbles are same  in UAE or India. What a UAE bringing in more than Indian venues ?

Im sorry but this is so misguided it explains a lot if anyone in here thinks along the same lines.

The IPL in 2021 was a disaster, so was even starting it in India.

26 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

IPL organizers need to be fired. The scheduling was a disgrace. They went ahead and played in the COVID hotspots. What else did they expect? I'm glad the tournament got scrapped. 

Yep, some incompetence on show here. 

Already there were sentiments brewing against the IPL, extra vigillance was needed to just get through considering how confident they sounded about going ahead a few days back. 

53 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

The disaster started when they allowed fans to attend England series without any SOPs

Yes it was a very very poor decision.

This provided a shining example that everything was fine in India when in fact, there was slow community transmission.

1 hour ago, Bundaberg said:

A populist leader will do the popular thing and not necessarily the correct thing.

2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

So players have been told that they can leave the bubble and go back to their homes. So what does it mean for foreign cricketers? or are they thinking to play IPL with foreign cricketers by having Muzarabanis, jongwes, coetzees playing in place of Indian players?

Lol one of them beat pakistanis pants down..jongwes