ANNOUNCED: Indian squad for the WTC final and five match Test series against England

Gill

Sharma

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Ishant

Mohd Siraj

Jasprit Bumrah

Why is Bhuvi not selected, he is a great package, especially in England. Strengthens the batting and a very good bowler when there's any lateral movement on offer. 

41 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Gill

Sharma

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Ishant

Mohd Siraj

Jasprit Bumrah

Why is Bhuvi not selected, he is a great package, especially in England. Strengthens the batting and a very good bowler when there's any lateral movement on offer. 

He wouldn't last a test. He is hardly lasting T20s bowling 4 overs. Would have been a great option if his fitness was not an issue.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

I'm still groggy due to allergies -just realized, no Bhuvi in a squad for England series.

:(

With his current fitness, he will struggle to bowl 10 overs in a LO match. Same for Deepak Chahar. Was struggling with his hamstring in the last couple of CSK matches. Better to let them recover and be fit for the T20 WC

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Easily outbat us? No.

NZ might win but they aren't a better team, either performance wise or on a man to man basis. The only reason they are going to be competitive against this Indian unit is because of the venue/conditions. If the conditions are even slightly on the drier side, I expect India to be all over them.

Kohli's braindead tactical calls and peahearted leadership would handicap India, I'll give you that.

What's the likely NZ XI? Conway, Latham, KW, Taylor, Nicholls, Watling, Jamieson, Santner, Southee, Wagner, Boult? 

In swinging seaming conditions, they are a better batting unit than us. Can score 250-275 against our attack while we will struggle to go past 150-175. Only hope for us will be the lower middle order of Pant, Ashwin, Jadeja.

14 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Easily outbat us? No.

NZ might win but they aren't a better team, either performance wise or on a man to man basis. The only reason they are going to be competitive against this Indian unit is because of the venue/conditions. If the conditions are even slightly on the drier side, I expect India to be all over them.

Kohli's braindead tactical calls and peahearted leadership would handicap India, I'll give you that.

What's the likely NZ XI? Conway, Latham, KW, Taylor, Nicholls, Watling, Jamieson, Santner, Southee, Wagner, Boult? 

Honestly I wouldn't fear their batting line up much apart from one Guy Conway.  He is in an unreal purple patch ever since he left South Africa three years ago.  Eager to see his test debut vs England...  Or Kiwis might unleash him straight into final after Blundell gets dropped. 

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

He has played more clutch knocks in just 4 tests than Pandya has played in 11 tests.

I love Sundar and want him groomed as a potential 3 format player, esp with the ODI WC coming up in a few years.  I have been hyping Sundar for more than 2 years on the forum.  

But you don't need to attack another player to praise Sundar.

Is a test match winning 5 wicket haul in England not considered clutch? 

Is a fighting 90 scored in a hard fought away test series in South Africa not considered 'clutch'?

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Gill

Sharma

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Ishant

Mohd Siraj

Jasprit Bumrah

Will play Shami ahead of Ishant if fully fit. Shami can win matches single-handedly and also reverse.

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

looking at the 3 opener options - Rohit, Shubman, Mayank - that would sound great to England bowlers and fans probably.  

No Pandya?  I guess his bowling isn't anywhere close to being test match ready.

He is not bowling at all so rightly not picked in test 11.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Like he did the last time in 2018 averaging 40? While Ishant was only the second best bowler from either side averaging 24.

I will play Shammi bumrah and ishant as 3 premier pacers along with Ashwin or jaddu as spinners.

Ishant could be replaced by Siraj in some tests. 

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

Will play Shami ahead of Ishant if fully fit. Shami can win matches single-handedly and also reverse.

Yes he can but he has been very inconsistent in england.  Ill play ishant , siraj and bumrah. But fitting in thakur wud be important coz in england batting depth is also very important. 

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

I love Sundar and want him groomed as a potential 3 format player, esp with the ODI WC coming up in a few years.  I have been hyping Sundar for more than 2 years on the forum.  

But you don't need to attack another player to praise Sundar.

Is a test match winning 5 wicket haul in England not considered clutch? 

Is a fighting 90 scored in a hard fought away test series in South Africa not considered 'clutch'?

That 90 was the biggest fluke. He was out almost 3 times. 

5 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Our best hope is England (ICC) preparing totally flat patta, weather permitting, to ensure the test lasts 5 days. In super helpful bowling conditions, while our bowlers will match the kiwis, they will easily out bat us.

Only if they win the toss. India won't lose If they win toss. 

N.z are vastly overrated. They are only effective in swing conditions. Kohl's brain dead tactics may cost us. 

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

As of now it's all guess work..  His defence is a bit dodgy agreed but having watched his inns in NZ I felt he had the tools to survive & also score...  At least briefly.  First inns in Gabba he batted well during tough period & altered his technique as well. 

You can put any tom dick n harry at the top against Jimmy Broad (Curran comes a bit late)  Jofra bowls as first change.. So batsman will struggle.  Unless you change the game & try to go for a tall leftie.. aka Sundar who is probably more than suitable than both Mayank & Gill to take on these guys.  Also plays the ball late which is handy over there.  Again it's an out of the box idea but not bad. 

not just defence, he pushes at the ball with hard hands and worst is he gets locked up ....which is end against jimmy, curran. Yea anyone will struggle but if ur getting in this position well ur already in trouble against anyone forget jimmy who brings top batsman in such position

rI2c6zN.png

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117a23685e85ef4ee80a

Ideal positon for someone like broad

B3dyuN0.png

B3dyuN0.png

Jimmy can bring good batsman in such position , he is getting locked up by himself

OloJDRc.png

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111a06587e88d958b8b2

this is where curran will do what irfan pathan did to youhana 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

*ing this chutiya Boult gets hammered by Australia England and even poyz. Somehow we make him out to be some second coming of marshall. He is not that good. Just put some lefty opener. Or use right left combo. Play Gil. Gill has a good game vs swing. Watch his Atours games to get an idea of how he played in such Conditions. His problem is actually off spin. 

Edited by Jay