ANNOUNCED: Indian squad for the WTC final and five match Test series against England

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why wud u take axar to england when jaddu is fit ? So many spinners in england ??

If bhuvi isnt fit select deepak chahar ? Tell me chahar is unfit or else its a big mistake. 

Mayank?? Have selectors seen his technique in last one yr....its all over. 

No shankar ?? Always take a seam bowling all rounder in england specially if he is dibbly dobbly and is a sound batsman. 

This I so true. Indian selectors don't understand Condtions. I don't believe they are smart enough to discern a player's ability in specific Conditions. 

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Who are your preferable openers that you would parachute drop into the side for a prestigious WTC final? 

There was no need for Axar, I agree

Rohit , gill are the only options.  Mayank will be butchered in england 

|Easwaran shud have been the backup

Gill

Eeshwaran

Pujara

Kohli

Pant

Sundar

Jadeja

Thakur

Ishant

Bhuvi

Bumrah

This is actually the perfect squad for England series and WTC final. Will it happen? Absolutely not. Why? Kohli is dumb. Another reason being our selectors don't pick the right players for right Conditions. 

Eeshwaran for his tight technique. I dropped Rohit because Rohit is a chutiya vs swing. 

As good as Rahane is as captain he is simply not good enough to play as batsman anymore. Would love to have him as captain and first as purely batsman though. 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why wud u take axar to england when jaddu is fit ? So many spinners in england ??

If bhuvi isnt fit select deepak chahar ? Tell me chahar is unfit or else its a big mistake. 

Mayank?? Have selectors seen his technique in last one yr....its all over. 

No shankar ?? Always take a seam bowling all rounder in england specially if he is dibbly dobbly and is a sound batsman. 

4th & 5th test are in the fag end of the summer so pitches may suit spin.  Jaddu has recently turned fit..  Also we know about Ashwin's fitness.  Axar has taken Kuldeep's spot so that's Okay I think. 

Mayank will be having his first England tour..  So I guess fair call here.  He is the designated 3rd opener.  He has strokes square of the wicket which is good to have on soft pitches & it did aid him in NZ. 

Mayank won the battle vs Shaw here.  Imo Shaw should also have been selected as he is high on confidence than someone like Gill so if things go south he would be needed.  

Deepak Chahar should have been there I think.  Even why Umesh is there is puzzling?  After repeated failures overseas. 

Tbh on Current form I will take Shankar over Vihari..  But that requires vision..  NZ are taking their dibbly dobbly version in CDG & Daryl Mitchell. 

Team that will 100% win against NZ (But won't happen) 

Sundar

Rohit

Gill

Kohli 

Rahane

Pant

Jaddu

Ashwin

Siraj

Ishant

Bumrah 

All bases covered..  Sundar's solid technique at the top also Boult will have to change tactics with having a leftie on top.  Gill at 3 which will suit him. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

4th & 5th test are in the fag end of the summer so pitches may suit spin.  Jaddu has recently turned fit..  Also we know about Ashwin's fitness.  Axar has taken Kuldeep's spot so that's Okay I think. 

Mayank will be having his first England tour..  So I guess fair call here.  He is the designated 3rd opener.  He has strokes square of the wicket which is good to have on soft pitches & it did aid him in NZ. 

Mayank won the battle vs Shaw here.  Imo Shaw should also have been selected as he is high on confidence than someone like Gill so if things go south he would be needed.  

Deepak Chahar should have been there I think.  Even why Umesh is there is puzzling?  After repeated failures overseas. 

Tbh on Current form I will take Shankar over Vihari..  But that requires vision..  NZ are taking their dibbly dobbly version in CDG & Daryl Mitchell. 

in england it will and can swing anytime coz weather can change session to session. Strokes square of the wkt shud have helped mayank in Aus but in england his game is.....wait

See all the pics and these are in last 2-3 yrs with very latest....u think he can survive jimmy, broad....infact curran might prove too much for him. Recent ones are white ball but red duke will move around all day most days 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wud be very intersting to see the conditions england give.....it can be damn risky to give our attack extremely helpful conditions

Are we also forgetting that India lost all 5 tosses last time. And we won 3 tosses we would have won the series. 

Not to mention we had several injuries that year. 

But given pannuatis record let's just say we lose 4 tosses. I feel we will win one toss for sure. That's one win. 

For the other 4 games we need to pad up our team with all rounders who are effective with either bat and ball and can provide depth when needed. 

Thakur, Bhuvi would be essential imo. Jadeja ofcourse. 

I hate to say it but we won't need Ashwin there after game 1 and 2. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in england it will and can swing anytime coz weather can change session to session. Strokes square of the wkt shud have helped mayank in Aus but in england his game is.....wait

See all the pics and these are in last 2-3 yrs with very latest....u think he can survive jimmy, broad....infact curran might prove too much for him. Recent ones are white ball but red duke will move around all day most days 

Not all day. Moves for about 30 -40 overs. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Team that will 100% win against NZ (But won't happen) 

Sundar

Rohit

Gill

Kohli 

Rahane

Pant

Jaddu

Ashwin

Siraj

Ishant

Bumrah 

All bases covered..  Sundar's solid technique at the top also Boult will have to change tactics with having a leftie on top.  Gill at 3 which will suit him. 

Vision? 

Kohli?

Indian selectors?

Same sentence? 

Nha.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

duke reverses also pretty good so beware when its old as well. NEways acc to our current batsman form ...we shud be 4 down very soon most days 

All comes down to prep. Whenever we prep well and take a team seriously we win away or draw. 

Last time we prepped properly and played county prior to England series was in 07. Guess? We won. 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As of now it's all guess work..  His defence is a bit dodgy agreed but having watched his inns in NZ I felt he had the tools to survive & also score...  At least briefly.  First inns in Gabba he batted well during tough period & altered his technique as well. 

You can put any tom dick n harry at the top against Jimmy Broad (Curran comes a bit late)  Jofra bowls as first change.. So batsman will struggle.  Unless you change the game & try to go for a tall leftie.. aka Sundar who is probably more than suitable than both Mayank & Gill to take on these guys.  Also plays the ball late which is handy over there.  Again it's an out of the box idea but not bad.