ANNOUNCED: Indian squad for the WTC final and five match Test series against England

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I agree khaleel has talent and more importantly has pace. 

Indian fans are mostly clueless as a vast majority don't watch Ranji games. I watched almost all A games. Seen some highlights of ranji matches here and there. 

Always knew Siraj was a special talent even before he got picked. Not were mocking him based on some shitty performances in his worst format i.e. T20 back when he was first picked to play for India. 

Even Saini is actually a good bowler. Go watch his ranji games and you will see what he is capable of. He played and under performed in 2 of the most parts wickets I have ever seen in Australia and people write him off for ODI. 

Prasidh is another one that has gained some traction only now. Go watch his Karnataka games and you should be able to discern how talented he actually is. But then most here probably have never played at a competitive level so it's understandable to see them fail to identify real talent. 

Porel is another one that's been written off for some reason. 

I do believe nagrakoti is overrated however. 

Mavi has potential but he needs to be consistent. 

Prasidh , saini, siraj, avesh are very good bowlers and are to be trained to take over from ISHANT SHAMMI UMESH BHUVI.( boom is young) ...ishant shammi and bhuvi may not have many more international cricket years. Bhuvi and Ishant have already started slowing down and SHAMMI is also not as fast as last year.

i am OK for Nattu for only T20's and may be can be considered in ODI, if he improves his pace a bit.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

i was very excited to see varun aroon and Umesh yadav bowling together. varun even was picked and sent to england or australia for a series but DHONI did not give him even one match except one domestic england match. in that match varun took some 4 or 5 wickets also hurt a few players and I was kinda sure that varun will play in the test but he was not played.

keeping to a trundler at 125 K and keeping to a 145K bowler are two different things. i feel dhoni could have managed and get varun to bowl good line and length and made his career.

instead he did not play him as keeping to varun was also a tough Job.

Any time we discuss selection unfairness, we must also factor in injuries.  It is hard to go back in time and track when someone was hurt and when they weren't picked, but it bears consideration.  KL Rahul (early in his career), Karun Nair and Varun Aaron are some good examples.

R Sharma

C Pujara

S Gill

V Kohli

A Rahane

R Pant

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

I Sharma

M Shami

J Bumrah

Rather have Pujara opening than Gill as Pujara likely to see off the new ball.

India's success in reaching the Test final has been largely dependent on the experienced bowling line up, they deserve to play in the final. M Siraj/A Patel can come in some of the test matches Vs England later in the summer.