Sourav Ganguly confirms India will be touring Sri Lanka for 3 ODIs and 5 T20is in July

19 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Kuldeep should be kept away from limelight for sometime. Let him sort out his technical issues with his coaches and gradually build his confidence.

He has been working on his technical issues for long now, time to put it to test. Anyways no domestic cricket is going to happen for some months and even if IPL re starts he wud be on bench. His major problem is his confidence and it will only come back with wickets . What better chance then Lanka and if Those batsman bash him well time to go back to Domestic for atleast one long season. One shot shud be taken before t20 Wc to get his confidence back after all he adds variety to the attack. 

On 5/10/2021 at 6:40 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually deepak chahar n ishan porel shud have been send to england and avesh khan n prasidh for this tour. 

Prasidh Seriously? Wasn't me fade prasidh enough by England and in IPL? Till now i don't remember one impactful performance according to the hype he gets. Instead Harshal, avesh, arshdeep etc have done a lot who weren't that hyped. 

21 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Yes Kohli will be mad thinking about fluffing up his meaningless ODI record with easy centuries.

But think about Dhawan scoring easy runs here and what it would do to KLR's anxiety level's in ENG where he'd be warming the bench. :phehe:

Great opportunity missed by kohli to get the Elusive 71st. Rohit will me missing his 5th 200. :giggle

2 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Prasidh Seriously? Wasn't me fade prasidh enough by England and in IPL? Till now i don't remember one impactful performance according to the hype he gets. Instead Harshal, avesh, arshdeep etc have done a lot who weren't that hyped. 

Lol at harshal being good? 37 runs in an over. 

Praisdh is a fantastic talent. Go watch his A tour games and Ranji matches. He is a brilliant red ball bowler. 

Kohli dunderheard always plays him in T20 which is his worst format. Same thing he did with Siraj. 

He needs time to develop in T20.

How did he not perform in ODI? He got 3-4 wicket hauls vs England in consecutive matches on absolute roads. 

He is a special player. 

22 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

It would be a typically confused call if Manish Pandey is picked for this tour. Ganguly has rightly called this a specialized ODI side, not a A or B or second string side. When you proceed from this assumption, Manish Pandey simply does not warrant a place in India's best possible ODI/T20 team. Dhawan's recent T20 form makes his place less of a debate but selectors ought to be thinking of his alternatives too.

Shaw,

Dhawan,

Iyer,

Samson/Ishan,

SKY,

Krunal,

Hardik,

D Chahar,

R Chahar,

Bhuvi,

Saini

The ideal XI we could field although if I could, I'd have Padikkal replace Dhawan.

In T20s, both Samson and Kishan should play. 

In ODIs, need someone who is a good anchor at 3, SKY at 4, Kishan at 5 and then Hardik at 6. Iyer is injured.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Either Dhawanb or Manish Pandey will lead this team :((

Openers- Shaw, Dhawan, Paddikal, Ishan (wk)

Middle order - SKY, Samson, Pandey, Nitish Rana

All rounders - Krunal Pandya, Tewatia, Vijay Shankar, Harshal Patel

Spinners - Varun C, Rahul Chahar, Ravi Bishnoi

Pacers - Bhuvi, Chahar, Saini, Kartik Tyagi

Very very high chance of Shaw making the cut . If he cannot make even B team , that will be sad selection . I cannot see many in india so gifted  with range of strokes. He should be supported now in A teams . B teams so that he can be  a candidate post WC for national team in short format.

19 hours ago, Majestic said:

In T20s, both Samson and Kishan should play. 

In ODIs, need someone who is a good anchor at 3, SKY at 4, Kishan at 5 and then Hardik at 6. Iyer is injured.

That would be Padikkal.

For ODIs

Shaw

Dhawan

Padikkal 

Samson

Vijay Shankar or Krunal at 5 (if krunal, play him at 6/7 if required)

SKY

Hardik

Bhuvi

D Chahar

Chahal or R Chahar 

Nattu/Khaleel/Kuldeep 

Edited by bowl_out
44 minutes ago, Norman said:

So how would this actually be?

Like...can we see us whimpering at 50/5 at Old Trafford and then switch to thigh slapper batting on 122(130) in Pallekele? :dontknow:

Games won't clash.  Test series starts 4th of August & lanka tour will be over by July 30.