Jump to content
coffee_rules

Five years, on Top!!

Recommended Posts

Since 2001, the top-ranked Test team in the world has been awarded the ICC Test Championship mace. It is worth £30,000. The top-ranked team at the start of April each year is also awarded £750,000 ($US1 million).[5]

Team Awarded
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2002
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2003
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2004
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2005
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2006
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2007
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2008
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2009
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2010
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2011
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England April 2012
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2013
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2014
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2015
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2016
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2017
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2018
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2019
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2020
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2021
Reference: ICC Rankings ICC Test Championship mace winners since 2002

Most trophies won by teams

 
Team Won
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 9
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 7
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 3
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 1

The summary of teams that have held the highest rating from June 2003 to the present by whole month periods are:

Team Total Months Highest Rating
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 91 143
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 67 130
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 42 135
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 12 125
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan 2 111
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 2 118

Reference: ICC Historical Rankings

 

 

 

:isalute:

Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Since 2001, the top-ranked Test team in the world has been awarded the ICC Test Championship mace. It is worth £30,000. The top-ranked team at the start of April each year is also awarded £750,000 ($US1 million).[5]

Team Awarded
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2002
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2003
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2004
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2005
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2006
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2007
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2008
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2009
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2010
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2011
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England April 2012
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2013
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2014
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa April 2015
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia April 2016
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2017
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2018
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2019
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2020
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India April 2021
Reference: ICC Rankings ICC Test Championship mace winners since 2002

Most trophies won by teams

 
Team Won
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 9
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 7
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 3
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 1

The summary of teams that have held the highest rating from June 2003 to the present by whole month periods are:

Team Total Months Highest Rating
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 91 143
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 67 130
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 42 135
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 12 125
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan 2 111
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 2 118

Reference: ICC Historical Rankings

 

 

 

:isalute:

Will the winner of WTC will get the prize money as well as Test mace this time?  Or India has already secured the money & mace as well:winky:

Edited by Lone Wolf
Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Will the winner of WTC will get the prize money as well as Test mace this time?  Or India has already secured the money & mace as well:winky:

Test mace plus cash prize is awarded once a year, 1st week of April....top ranked teams get to pose with it for photo ops at any other time of the year (Misbah 2016 after our final test against WI got washed out) but officially there is only one season ending #1, last 5 years it has been India. 

 

A bit late this time probably because of this stupid virus otherwise ceremony is held in April. 

 

India has the mace for 2021, unless we lose top spot post our 2021-22 season we will keep the mace next year as well. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:


He’s not wrong. :hatsoff:

Lol only thing we are missing is humongous stat padding of Indian batters by not playing against Pakistan.   The test careers of Shikhar Dhawan & Murli Vijay would not have been over after smashing Pakistani bowling in UAE.  You guys are extremely lucky to not have played against India.  

Younus & Misbah would have retired after the humiliating defeats & Pak cricket would have been in lot more mess than they are now.  So count your lucky stars mate 

Edited by Lone Wolf
Link to post
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lol only thing we are missing is humongous stat padding of Indian batters by not playing against Pakistan.   The test careers of Shikhar Dhawan & Murli Vijay would not have been over after smashing Pakistani bowling in UAE.  You guys are extremely lucky to not have played against India.  

Younus & Misbah would have retired after the humiliating defeats & Pak cricket would have been in lot more mess than they are now.  So count your lucky stars mate 

Rofl imagine Younis and misboo vs pace and bounce of bumrah Shami Umesh in Asia lol.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, gattaca said:

Guess Australia is not overseas. 

 

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

Kohli needs to start winning overseas series.NZ series loss was a disgrace.

People forget in last 12 years.. yes 12 freaking years, India has played away in newzealand ONLY in 2 tours of a GRAND total of 4 tests. Whereas india has played AUS away in  4 tours:16 tests, Eng away in 3 Tours : 14 tests. South Africa 3 Tours : 8 Tests. So the opportunity to win in NZ has always been limited..

 

in these 42 SENA tests across 12 tours in last 12 years India has won 8 test matches which is win perc of less than 20. 

 

Aus: 4 

England: 2

South Africa: 2

Nz: 0 

 

We definitely should have won 13. The 5/6 tests which we missed out was:

 

1. sydney 2018. Rain

2. Nz 2014 : Mccullum Watling 350 run partnership when they were 5 down

3. South Africa: chasing 452 de villiers du plessis

4. Either of the first tests which india couldnt chase a modest total in previous eng and South Africa tour. 

5. Adelaide 2014. Wriddhiman sahas stupidity when india were 70 runs away with Kohli batting his best. 
 

Even if we had won the above our win perc would only still be 30 perc which still is not good for a top team..

 

Now is the time to change this record..

Edited by neel roy
Link to post
1 hour ago, neel roy said:

 

People forget in last 12 years.. yes 12 freaking years, India has played away in newzealand ONLY in 2 tours of a GRAND total of 4 tests. Whereas india has played AUS away in  4 tours:16 tests, Eng away in 3 Tours : 14 tests. South Africa 3 Tours : 8 Tests. So the opportunity to win in NZ has always been limited..

 

in these 42 SENA tests across 12 tours in last 12 years India has won 8 test matches which is win perc of less than 20. 

 

Aus: 4 

England: 2

South Africa: 2

Nz: 0 

 

We definitely should have won 13. The 5/6 tests which we missed out was:

 

1. sydney 2018. Rain

2. Nz 2014 : Mccullum Watling 350 run partnership when they were 5 down

3. South Africa: chasing 452 de villiers du plessis

4. Either of the first tests which india couldnt chase a modest total in previous eng and South Africa tour. 

5. Adelaide 2014. Wriddhiman sahas stupidity when india were 70 runs away with Kohli batting his best. 
 

Even if we had won the above our win perc would only still be 30 perc which still is not good for a top team..

 

Now is the time to change this record..

This England tour is gonna be tough.  England are much stronger than they were in 2018 when our batters barring Kohli went missing & that Edgebaston defeat obviously hurts  the most coz we had so much luck in that game but we still couldn't managed to breach English fortress.  

Now hopefully we manage to win WTC & use that momentum into England series. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...