The Boss turns 35 today

Harbhajan Singh I remember the first time I met Sachin was in Chandigarh in 1996, on the eve of a Test match against Sri Lanka. The team management had called me to have a look at me. I was about 16 years old then. I went to the nets and was finally called to bowl. So I bowled in front of him and other senior members of the team. That was the first time I saw him. I was very scared then, wondering what was going to happen. There were all these big names there, Azhar, Sachin, Sidhu and Kumble, and I was in awe of all of them. At my debut Test, in 1998, I could hardly realise what was happening, but he was always there for me and any other newcomer, trying to make us feel at home. But I was scared of him. Every time he came in front of me, I would go silent. I was scared to approach him because he was my hero. If I saw him coming, I would go out the other way, or if by chance, our paths crossed, I would greet him saying, 'Good morning sir'. He still pulls my leg about that. I remember once we were flying to Sharjah. Harvinder Singh and I were sitting on the seats beside Sachin. Neither of us knew English. The air hostess would ask us something, and we would just look at each other wondering what to say. We were feeling awkward and the thought that Sachin might hear us speaking incorrect English. He has never forgotten this story either. He has a great sense of humour about which no one knows. He can trigger a laugh riot. He is a big prankster, and has a great memory. He could remember a conversation from 100 years ago. People love him, admire him and respect him. Even 10 Shahrukh Khans and 10 Amitabh Bachchans fade away in front of him. Everybody wants a name and fame like his. Even I want that, ever since I started playing. I have been lucky enough to play with him for 10 years. Sachin has always given me good advice and I cherish all that he has told me. I wish all the luck in the world to a wonderful human being and an extraordinary cricketer.

:isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute: Easily the BIGGEST ever cricketer the world will produce. He bats, He bowls everything (leg spin, off, googly, in-swing, out-swing), He fields superbly even at this age and has (had) a killer arm from the deep. :hail::hail::hail:

Harbhajan Singh I remember the first time I met Sachin was in Chandigarh in 1996, on the eve of a Test match against Sri Lanka. The team management had called me to have a look at me. I was about 16 years old then. I went to the nets and was finally called to bowl. So I bowled in front of him and other senior members of the team. That was the first time I saw him. I was very scared then, wondering what was going to happen. There were all these big names there, Azhar, Sachin, Sidhu and Kumble, and I was in awe of all of them. At my debut Test, in 1998, I could hardly realise what was happening, but he was always there for me and any other newcomer, trying to make us feel at home. But I was scared of him. Every time he came in front of me, I would go silent. I was scared to approach him because he was my hero. If I saw him coming, I would go out the other way, or if by chance, our paths crossed, I would greet him saying, 'Good morning sir'. He still pulls my leg about that. I remember once we were flying to Sharjah. Harvinder Singh and I were sitting on the seats beside Sachin. Neither of us knew English. The air hostess would ask us something, and we would just look at each other wondering what to say. We were feeling awkward and the thought that Sachin might hear us speaking incorrect English. He has never forgotten this story either. He has a great sense of humour about which no one knows. He can trigger a laugh riot. He is a big prankster, and has a great memory. He could remember a conversation from 100 years ago. People love him, admire him and respect him. Even 10 Shahrukh Khans and 10 Amitabh Bachchans fade away in front of him. Everybody wants a name and fame like his. Even I want that, ever since I started playing. I have been lucky enough to play with him for 10 years. Sachin has always given me good advice and I cherish all that he has told me. I wish all the luck in the world to a wonderful human being and an extraordinary cricketer.
Sachin is the Hero of Heroes. There are guys like Dravid, VVS in the Indian, who themsevles command a sizable fan following. But they all in-turn look upto Sachin for inspiration. That is the greatness of the man, he is idol of many idols.
Apparently Sachin Tendulkar was looking forward to a surprise birthday party being organized by his Mumbai team mates :haha:. I'm sure he's not going to be surprised :hysterical:
Reminds me of my teacher in High school... 'Tomorrow there will be a surprise test..... :D