Family man 2 banned in Tamil Nadu ?

gattaca

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

they want to divert CM and ministers time in banning a web series

oh they have lots of time don't worry, if they spend 5 % of their time spent on self pandering on covid control state will start doing 100% better.

5 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

OK, fair enough. A few. And the character of Samantha might be one of these *very few* who hold some sympathies.

There is no real connection between modern day TN and LTTE/Prabhakaran.

That said, I'm confused as to that the issue actually is. 

Stereotyping. Increasingly, entertainment is a method of propaganda these days. Amazon prime, netflix have replaced hollywodd, bollywood, etc to make it available directly into your computer screen. SRK made a movie "My name is Khan" to show how muslims are discriminated in the west by sterotypes but made "chennai express" immediately after where he was stereotyping Tamils. By the way, the last name akkineni sounds telugu. Not everyone that lives in Chennai is a tamil. Thats like saying @velu is a kannadiga.

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Stereotyping. Increasingly, entertainment is a method of propaganda these days. Amazon prime, netflix have replaced hollywodd, bollywood, etc to make it available directly into your computer screen. SRK made a movie "My name is Khan" to show how muslims are discriminated in the west by sterotypes but made "chennai express" immediately after where he was stereotyping Tamils. By the way, the last name akkineni sounds telugu. Not everyone that lives in Chennai is a tamil. Thats like saying @velu is a kannadiga.

right in the middle of friends sitcoms much awaited reunion show there was a whole 5 mt bit of mala yusufzai and her african american friend speaking about their friends sitcom character likeness. I puked and fast forwarded. damns libretards are everywhere.

:laugh: The girl cannot even speak in Tamil properly. So much for being tamil. She says "I will eat everthing" but is shown in the subtitle as "I will kill everyone". Maybe they should be banned for not speaking tamil. Not surprising that this stupid thing happens in India. Also what is the new fashion of cursing in movies these days. Soon children will imitate this behavior thinking this is cool.

I&B minister should look into the casual cursing in the video and banning this rather than banning watching cricket through illegal sites. This video makes a connection between rebels and isi. so who is a rebel. just that girl or every tamil that doesn't like some action from the centre. It makes a divide in the viewing public that tamils are different from the rest of India. I won't be surprised if the series is worse than what the TN minister is talking about.

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

she married into a telugu family. she is a stella maris chick from chrompet.

wont be surprised if she was a telugu in the first place. two of my close friends are telugus from chennai :lol: there is a high percentage of telugus in chennal along with malayalis and kannadigas from the old state of Madras.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

:laugh: The girl cannot even speak in Tamil properly. So much for being tamil. She says "I will eat everthing" but is shown in the subtitle as "I will kill everyone". Maybe they should be banned for not speaking tamil. Not surprising that this stupid thing happens in India. Also what is the new fashion of cursing in movies these days. Soon children will imitate this behavior thinking this is cool.

I&B minister should look into the casual cursing in the video and banning this rather than banning watching cricket through illegal sites. This video makes a connection between rebels and isi. so who is a rebel. just that girl or every tamil that doesn't like some action from the centre. It makes a divide in the viewing public that tamils are different from the rest of India. I won't be surprised if the series is worse than what the TN minister is talking about.

Samantha Akkineni is Telugu film royalty. She is the daughter in law of Nagarjuna Akkineni, quite the head honcho in the Telugu cinema industry. He's on par with Mahesh Babu, Venkstesh and Balayya in terms of pulling power.

Samantha was born in Chennai, so she should be fluent in Tamil.

Inaccurate subtitle translations have plagued other OTT shows. I noticed the same in Scared Games and Ascharyachakit.

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Looks like they are more offended that Smt. Samantha Akkineni is portrayed as a dark-skinned SLan Tamil rather than about LTTE sympathizers in TN. 

This is called a joke, sarcasm at best. It means Samantha is popular in TN and they don’t like their idol being blackened.  comprehension issues with two degenerates jumping up and down in every thread with a mention of Tamil. One talks about Telugus in TN all the time and doesn’t want outsiders commenting on TN elections thread and other one keeps harping about Tribalism with mentioning kannadiga in every response. Must have been dumped by a Kannadiga the cause for their hatred. Chaddi less Imbeciles 

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

simple cause it does not fit the narrative of Seeman or Viko - elementary Indian politics.

I am least bit interested in this.

More interesting in beating the crap out of scum Coffeerules - who tried to morph a petty political scoring from fringe TN politics to an alleged dark skin averse hypocrisy of Tamils. lol why would Tamils have any aversion to dark skin color, there is wide spectrum of Tamils in terms of skin color - its a fairly at peace society when it comes to that, a cursory look at their movies will show you that. many fabulous dusky women in limelight.

That was a joke, you moron. You surely are touchy about any post on Tamils, just like you proved it in Covid thread exposed by G_B.  You act like the world is out to get your toys from your pram. Keep playing with it

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Samantha Akkineni is Telugu film royalty. She is the daughter in law of Nagarjuna Akkineni, quite the head honcho in the Telugu cinema industry. He's on par with Mahesh Babu, Venkstesh and Balayya in terms of pulling power.

Samantha was born in Chennai, so she should be fluent in Tamil.

Inaccurate subtitle translations have plagued other OTT shows. I noticed the same in Scared Games and Ascharyachakit.

Elevating film stars to royalty is truly sad state of affairs. I guess the term royalty is undervalued these days. Samantha was born in chennai but is not a tamil. here's wikipedia article on her

Early life and family

Samantha was born on 28 April 1987 to a Telugu father, Prabhu and a Malayali mother, Ninette from Alappuzha, Kerala.[1][2] She was brought up in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu,[3] as the youngest child of the family to Prabhu and Ninette and two elder brothers Jonathan and David, whilst becoming fluent in the Tamil language.[4] Despite her mixed regional background, she has cited herself as a Tamilian.[5][6] As a part of her education, Samantha was schooled at Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and then completed a degree in commerce at Stella Maris College, Chennai.[5][7] Towards the end of her undergraduate degree she became involved in modelling, notably working with Naidu Hall, through which she was first spotted by filmmaker Ravi Varman.[8]

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

So its your perception which you with your kannadiga lenses. The problem is you. Anyway the minister didn't raise the skin color issue. Why are you bringing this up. It looks like you and yoda here don't have a job in the US/Can and are on dole to constantly keep trolling here.

Yes, I troll about dumeels, DMKs, and people like you who are so touchy about TN and can’t take jokes. So now what TN is out of limits for outsiders, stop being touchy and sensitive. TN and whole of South Indian movies in mainstream have popular heroines imported from north. Why are so sensitive to point it out as a joke and you defend it . It is hypocritical 

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

This is called a joke, sarcasm at best. It means Samantha is popular in TN and they don’t like their idol being blackened.  comprehension issues with two degenerates jumping up and down in every thread with a mention of Tamil. One talks about Telugus in TN all the time and other one keeps harping about Tribalism with mentioning kannadiga in every response. Must have been dumped by a Kannadiga the cause for their hatred. Chaddi less Imbeciles 

First of all she ain't no idol and secondly your joke is not funny. But you can make comedy through your actions though. your 'joke' is unnecessary in this topic not to mention is designed to take the conversation on a tangent. why are you always in a tamil thread. are you paid to poke your nose in all things tamil and trying to stir up a reaction. it seems like you don't work for a living. how do you get so much free time. yoda can join in on this as you two seem inseparable. I ask yoda the same question

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, I troll about dumeels, DMKs, and people like you who are so touchy about TN and can’t take jokes. So now what TN is out of limits for outsiders, stop being touchy and sensitive. TN and whole of South Indian movies in mainstream have popular heroines imported from north. Why are so sensitive to point it out as a joke and you defend it . It is hypocritical 

Thanks for admitting trolling is your main job. how much are you getting paid for this and from whom. If power was in my hands, I would tell the TN film industry to get out of TN with their northie heroines and stay the fvck away. Where do you see the hypocrisy kannadiga. Its not a joke if it takes the focus away from the topic. stick to the topic

First of all she ain't no idol and secondly your joke is not funny.

so flickin don’t laugh!

But you can make comedy through your actions though. your 'joke' is unnecessary in this topic not to mention is designed to take the conversation on a tangent. why are you always in a tamil thread.

So I should post when, where and how based on your approval? I can choose everywhere I damn please. 

are you paid to poke your nose in all things tamil and trying to stir up a reaction. it seems like you don't work for a living. how do you get so much free time. yoda can join in on this as you two seem inseparable. I ask yoda the same question

It seems you two don’t have a job other than responding to every post with Tamil in it. Custodians of Tamil hinterland 

Thanks for admitting trolling is your main job. how much are you getting paid for this and from whom. If power was in my hands, I would tell the TN film industry to get out of TN with their northie heroines and stay the fvck away. Where do you see the hypocrisy kannadiga. Its not a joke if it takes the focus away from the topic. stick to the topic

You are not the only person in TN , there are fans like these 

https://www.indiaglitz.com/young-heroine-surprised-by-fans-temple-in-chennai-tamil-news-280463

must be noted that in the past many Kollywood stars like MGR, Khushbu, Namitha and Hansika had fans building temples for them. On the professional front, Nidhhi Agerwal will be seen next in Udhayanidhi Stalin's next directed by Magizh Thirumeni.”

Seeman watches Family man 2 lol That is the shocking news here. Even more shocking is him believing "Eelam Tamil" support will give him some political mileage after recent shellacking in the election.  Nobody votes anyone for Eelam tamil support. It is just a talking point nothing more.

Regarding portrayal of Eelam Tamil as black woman is consistent with our  own take. Maniratnam cast Nandita Das as biological Mother (From Eelam)  of central child character in the movie Kannathil Muthamittal (6 national awards). A dusky (who said dusky is not beautiful) woman , a dusky daughter. 

It reminds me of cultural sensitivity training we get in our company. One such training is where they show pictures  of 3 or 4 people and ask us to tell us  Who do you think can be promoted? (obviously they ask a much better question) to see if we make "assumptions" about people.  Whether we stereotype people.

I am from seinfeld land :) Don't get offended a lot like i used to before.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

so flickin don’t laugh!

So I should post when, where and how based on your approval? I can choose everywhere I damn please. 

It seems you two don’t have a job other than responding to every post with Tamil in it. Custodians of Tamil hinterland 

I don't post as much as you do. you are always in ICF. Hence the question.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

You are not the only person in TN , there are fans like these 

https://www.indiaglitz.com/young-heroine-surprised-by-fans-temple-in-chennai-tamil-news-280463

must be noted that in the past many Kollywood stars like MGR, Khushbu, Namitha and Hansika had fans building temples for them. On the professional front, Nidhhi Agerwal will be seen next in Udhayanidhi Stalin's next directed by Magizh Thirumeni.”

Most of these things are done by TN cine industry folks themselves. They are not your average fan. Hence my position on the removal of the cine industry both in TN and bollywood. They have too much power and not one good thing comes from them. My question still remains. Where do you get the time to dig out and find so much about tamils. Admit it you're obsessed. vilander is right on this

Imo bjp should ban this.

Then use this as a templete to bring ott to further heal. 

Its a golden chance. Already amazon under fire for lots of series

I personally likes family man season 1. But too much of a golden chance. Next time when any dumeel argues for freedom of speech , point them to this moment