Shubman Gill & Nitish Rana are suffocated by their insecurities- Brendon McCullum

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dhawan has been an agressive batsman since his u19 days, in fact much more agressive than Gill. Gill is an orthodox batsman. In FC cricket, where field is attacking he finds gaps to score runs.

Back those with numbers. I have followed Dhawan (and the Delhi cricket setup) long enough to know what I am talking about. Dhawan was good at bashing poor attacks, against even decent domestic attacks, he was mostly a conservative batsman. Which is why he had average initial couple of seasons of IPL, went back to Tarak Sinha his childhood coach, worked on his backlift and trigger movements, added the square cut, pull and hook and leg side lofts to his armoury and transformed as a player since then.

In FC cricket, if a SR of 71 (at a 60-+ average) was as easy due to 'attacking fields' as you say, everyone and their uncle would be scoring briskly. 

7 hours ago, sarchasm said:

SR in one format doesn't translate to another, not every time. Lara was consistently better than Sachin in tests in terms of SR. But when it came to ODIs, he was left in the dust by the little master. Same with Hayden. Some players are naturally quick scorers in tests but struggle to match that tempo in LOIs.

This is the case with both sehwag and Warner too. Even Slater was a flop in odis while Bevan never took to test cricket.

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I don't really care if he does well in T20 or not. Tests and ODIs are his formats at this point. Just  Don't ruin the game for T20 success like it happened with Vijay and KL.

It is not upto us.Players want to earn good money from IPL for that they will try anything. You are correct, Gill does not have the game to succeed in T20s yet. I don't think he will succeed as an opener in test either.His high backlift scares me.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is not upto us.Players want to earn good money from IPL for that they will try anything. You are correct, Gill does not have the game to succeed in T20s yet. I don't think he will succeed as an opener in test either.His high backlift scares me.

did ponting, joe root also scared you ? 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

did ponting, joe root also scared you ? 

Ponting does not have great record in England. Both Ponting and Root are not openers either.Ponting had front foot press which made be very vulnerable early on in his innings. Gill like Ponting will do great in Australia. His technique is tailor made for bouncy wickets.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Ponting does not have great record in England. Both Ponting and Root are not openers either.Ponting had front foot press which made be very vulnerable early on in his innings. Gill like Ponting will do great in Australia. His technique is tailor made for bouncy wickets.

Nick knight and treschothick had high backlift. Both were successful openers. 

12 hours ago, gattaca said:

Nick knight and treschothick had high backlift. Both were successful openers. 

Who said Nick Knight was successful.Trescothick is not a great player either.Gill is once in a generation talent. I hope he stays long enough in test cricket to become Indian future test number 4.It is not about just backlift, it is all about knowing where your offstump is, Steve Smith has high back lift too but he seems to have worked out a method to make him very very successful.

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who said Nick Knight was successful.Trescothick is not a great player either.Gill is once in a generation talent. I hope he stays long enough in test cricket to become Indian future test number 4.It is not about just backlift, it is all about knowing where your offstump is, Steve Smith has high back lift too but he seems to have worked out a method to make him very very successful.

Lol you are the one Who said high backlift scares you. Now you are shifting.