Jump to content
Texan

Who will win the WTC?

Who will win the WTC?  

42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the WTC?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/18/2021 at 04:08 AM

Recommended Posts

On 6/2/2021 at 7:12 PM, zen said:

Another challenge for Ind is that it does not do well in the first test outside subcon 

 

At this point, I would put NZ marginally ahead. Ind will have to play some of its best cric to win 

i agree.

 

My Heart Says INDIA will win the WTC CUp and Beat New Zealand.

 

My brain says India will loose as Indian batsman become comfortable after some batting practice and normally its after first 2 tests that they perform at their best. if it is a one TEST contest, new zealand is already playing test matches and so their test batsman would be in good test batting form( test batting is risk free batting kinda different).

Link to post
12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i agree.

 

My Heart Says INDIA will win the WTC CUp and Beat New Zealand.

 

My brain says India will loose as Indian batsman become comfortable after some batting practice and normally its after first 2 tests that they perform at their best. if it is a one TEST contest, new zealand is already playing test matches and so their test batsman would be in good test batting form( test batting is risk free batting kinda different).

 

Without worrying about who wins or loses, let's enjoy the game ... Let the team that plays best cricket win 

Link to post
16 hours ago, zen said:

 

Without worrying about who wins or loses, let's enjoy the game ... Let the team that plays best cricket win 

Agreed. India already are deservedly number 1 TBf. Wish it was a proper 3 test series however. 

Link to post
23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agreed. India already are deservedly number 1 TBf. Wish it was a proper 3 test series however. 

Final is always a one off..  Just like WC final is a single affair.  If India chokes yet again it's on them & Kohli will always be a Chokli. 

I wish Rahane was Captain I'd be far more confident then.  

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Final is always a one off..  Just like WC final is a single affair.  If India chokes yet again it's on them & Kohli will always be a Chokli. 

I wish Rahane was Captain I'd be far more confident then.  

 

so true. if varat kuli cant win with this atg indian side then he should quit captaincy. bewda salah.

Edited by Jay
Link to post
47 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

My only source is BCCI's twitter account and it doesn't look like they have even begun practice.

I think they are required to serve a 10 day long quarantine after landing in UK. This includes 3 days of hard quarantine post which they are allowed to use gym. Not sure if they are allowed net practice yet.

 

They landed on 2nd June, should start practicing later this week

Link to post
2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I think they are required to serve a 10 day long quarantine after landing in UK. This includes 3 days of hard quarantine post which they are allowed to use gym. Not sure if they are allowed net practice yet.

 

They landed on 2nd June, should start practicing later this week

My understanding was after 3 day long hard quarantine, they could have nets etc in small groups. They'd need at least 6-7 dedicated nets to be anywhere close to being prepared for the test. 

Link to post
On 6/8/2021 at 12:02 AM, zen said:

 

Without worrying about who wins or loses, let's enjoy the game ... Let the team that plays best cricket win 

Well said.

 

But that doesn't stand true for me. If india losses it hurts.

My expectations from Indian team is sky high now specifically after a second string team beating Australia in tests.

If it is a 3 match WTC we are sure to win.

Even with 1 test WTC we have  45 percent chance of winning as I trust our bowlers to do well.

 

I am kinda sure our batsman to score less in first TEST against New Zealand. But by chance if v score 250...our bowlers can fight it out then.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Well said.

 

But that doesn't stand true for me. If india losses it hurts.

My expectations from Indian team is sky high now specifically after a second string team beating Australia in tests.

If it is a 3 match WTC we are sure to win.

Even with 1 test WTC we have  45 percent chance of winning as I trust our bowlers to do well.

 

I am kinda sure our batsman to score less in first TEST against New Zealand. But by chance if v score 250...our bowlers can fight it out then.

 

I understand ... But we can't control what these guys do on the field 

 

In 2003 WC, I had such high hopes for Ind. Even hoped that Ind would do much better v Aus than that 125 or something all out performance in a group game ... But Aus shut the door in style ... Usually, I give Ind more chance if it is playing an Asian team in a KO game. Against non-subcon teams, it has a tendency to struggle of late ... To pull this off, Ind would have to play some of its best cricket 

Edited by zen
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...