Who will win the WTC?

Who will win the WTC?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/18/2021 at 04:08 AM

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Selecting NZ bowling lineup wud be also very hard , its actually harder then picking indian attack. 

Southee 

Boult 

Wagner 

Jamieson 

Henry 

Who do u even drop ?

Depending upon conditions and form, NZ can play all 5 if it wanted and select the most in form 6 batsmen. Jamieson can bat a position higher as he is an AR too 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

against Ind, Nz bowling both teams needs a bit more cushion in batting at 8

As I said it depends on various factors but playing those 5, allows NZ to attack constantly with the ball. NZ lower order with Southee can chip in a few 

NZ winning without even having their top ranked Test batsman and top ranked Test bowler is an ominous sign for India. I think NZ are huge favorites at this time.

The best thing that India can do to mentally psych up NZ is to keep harping that NZ are the favorites here. NZ always likes to play as an underdog and they revel in that status. If you make them feel like they are the favorites now, then they will be in an unfamiliar position and may stumble.

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I remember we played 3 day warm up vs NZ XI before 1st test in NZ but got annihilated in Basin reserve. 

Not sure if they were similar wickets? NZ are notorious for producing relatively docile tracks for LO/warmups & then green mambas or senile swingers for tests, especially against India :laugh:

3 things that jump out at me the most from the past 2 test matches and our own performances over the course of the wtc which are points of concern :

1) We are notoriously slow starters in every away tour and a 2 test series might have helped us big time considering that the wtc final is just a 1 game, 6 day affair.

2) Nzl's slip catching is on a different level to ours where they seem to have literally caught everything. In sharp counter point to us where our capn wrogn is a part of the problem as regards how unsafe our slip catching is.

3) every one of their tail looks like they can contribute properly with the bat as opposed to ours where they are either good for only troll slogging or are Chris martin level bunnies. this hopefully won't make much of a difference.

After monitoring the weather reports for the past week, I've given up trying to think about this match.  More than 70% chance of rain at some point every day starting Thursday.  I was hoping for atypical English conditions, but it's not happening.  The real winner is going to be Kaale Megha.

My prediction:

Friday - after Thursday night rain, late start.  Everybody comes out in sweaters and holding umbrellas.  There is a wind blowing across the pitch.  Light touch of grass (like 4 or 5" only) on the pitch.  VK wins toss (yay, finally!).  Chooses to bat (WTF!!) - we back ourselves and all that.  We've picked 2 spinners and no Thakur because we think the ball will turn on session 3, day 5.  By tea time, we are 98/7.  Rearguard action by Ishant and Siraj elevates us to 103 a.o.

Saturday - surprise sunshine!  Pitch is dry-ish.  We bowl our hearts out.  NZ 228/7 before rain hits.

Sunday - rained out.  No one gets to watch cricket on the holiday!!  Awesome advertisement for cricket in England during the summer - the biggest event in cricket is being rained out.

Monday - We clean up NZ's tail after they score 30 more runs.  258 a.o.  Gill settles in and the batting starts to look decent.  59/2.  Rain.  Cloudy rest of the day.  Play called off.

Tuesday - late start due to wet pitch.  Andersonesque clouds.  Ball is jagging around.  We are all praying for rain.  Climax TBD.  

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This list has been sent to Jacinda Ardem recommending you be included in NZ citizenry and b& in ICF! :smash: :bumsmack:

Screenshot-2021-06-14-114530.png

I have 3 words for all those dudes in that list. Shame on you. Y'all bunch of jacinda lovers.