Have a problem when people call Ravichandran Ashwin all-time great: Sanjay Manjrekar

Sometimes i feel he says this for attentionand staying relevant. 

Badnaam hue to kya naam to hua . 

Ashwin already played a huge role in India best test series win in history. He won us in Wi and Sl , not great sides anymore but still not easy as they are away conditions. 

Performances in series wins is always bigger then fifers n 100s

47 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Ashwin is same level to Kumble as test bowler. His state are inflated by bowling on rank turners.

That was true only for a brief period from 1993-'96. Post that India stopped producing rank turners barring an odd one here or there. In fact, towards the later part of his career, he bowled mostly on absolute pattas in India, Australia, England, Pakistan, WI and SL where 500 vs 600 was a norm.

On that first part, Kumble is an ATG . not just an Indian ATG , so is Ashwin. No ifs and buts. And if not having a 5-er in SENA makes him a non-ATG, then let Manju say the same about Dennis Lillee, no 5-er in Asia. 

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
55 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Ashwin is same level to Kumble as test bowler. His state are inflated by bowling on rank turners.

Rewatch all Indian matches post 2010. You will be surprised. I can count on my fingers if you are referring to how many Turner's India have produced. Not many at all. 

Ashwin is at the level of Warne. 

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Rewatch all Indian matches post 2010. You will be surprised. I can count on my fingers if you are referring to how many Turner's India have produced. Not many at all. 

Nah man Warne is gold standard.  Ashwin is great but Warne is in a league of his own. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
42 minutes ago, Jay said:

No man, just no, Warne is the undisputed GOAT spinner. Struggled only in India, was amazing everywhere else including other SC countries. No controversy with his action like in case of Murali, took conditions out of the equation, super clutch, his 1999 WC exploits :hatsoff:....no one like him. Terrible off-field personality, drama queen, pervert, cheater..... all that is fine but undoubtedly an amazing cricketer, easy pick in AT World XI. 

Sure you can talk about his failure against India but every GOAT cutting across all sports has at least one blemish in his/her record. Number of perfect GOATs you can count on your fingers: Bolt, Nadia Comaneci, Aleksander Karelin, those kind of freaks. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No man, just no, Warne is the undisputed GOAT spinner. Struggled only in India, was amazing everywhere else including other SC countries. No controversy with his action like in case of Murali, took conditions out of the equation, super clutch, his 1999 WC exploits :hatsoff:....no one like him. Terrible off-field personality, drama queen, pervert, cheater..... all that is fine but undoubtedly an amazing cricketer, easy pick in AT World XI. 

Sure you can talk about his failure against India but every GOAT cutting across all sports has at least one blemish in his/her record. Number of perfect GOATs you can count on your fingers: Bolt, Nadia Comaneci, Aleksander Karelin, those kind of freaks. 

I expected Kuldeep to follow his footsteps as Warne himself rated him very highly after that match winning Dharamsala spell but just didn't happen.  I doubt we will ever see someone like him ever again.  No one has ever come close to the amount of revs that guy used to put on his deliveries.  That shows how great he was.  Undisputed GOAT as you rightly said:hatsoff:

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Please, stop. 

There are posters here who want Shardul to play ahead of Ashwin if the track is green(and it's an ok suggestion) , can you imagine Shardul replacing Warne? 

Also I have seen them both, the gap between them is quite big. 

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Please, stop. 

There are posters here who want Shardul to play ahead of Ashwin if the track is green(and it's an ok suggestion) , can you imagine Shardul replacing Warne? 

Also I have seen them both, the gap between them is quite big. 

Maybe. Warne was bad vs India. That made me doubt his greatness. Fair enough. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

I rate Ashwin highly. But I still feel that there were occasions or matches overseas which he could win us but he didn't for whatever be the reasons. I would stick my opinion that Ashwin is in same league as Kumble. But if Ashwin does well overseas in coming years, I will rate him higher.

His batting is good enough to be termed as bowling AR.

Warne picked off the scraps. From McGrath. 

No coincidence that ash bowling got really good post 2014. Why?

India pace attack which is the best Asian pace attack of all time. 

Put ash next to McGrath and he will produce same results. 

Are Anderson and Broad also not great bowlers because both of them dont have a 5-fer in India. In fact, Broad averages 61 in India, where does that put him ? But I have no doubt this clown with inferiority complex will laud SENA bowlers all day even if they cant do jack in India.

20 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Are Anderson and Broad also not great bowlers because both of them dont have a 5-fer in India. In fact, Broad averages 61 in India, where does that put him ? But I have no doubt this clown with inferiority complex will laud SENA bowlers all day even if they cant do jack in India.

Broad is certainly below Ashwin as test bowler. Anderson has an edge maybe because of 600+ wickets but I think a few more overseas performance should do it for Ashwin also.