England vs New Zealand | 2nd Test | Edgbaston | June 10-14

Match winner poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2nd test?

8 minutes ago, neel roy said:

yes they play spin well as well. Ask our neighbours. Beat them in uae

yea but thats pakistan. will be very hard to draw a game let alone win a game in india for kiwis. regardless, they are a formidable opponent in swing friendly conditions. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

In English conditions, also considering present form....

Conway, Latham> Ro, Gill

KW=Che

Taylor=Kohli

Nicholls>Rahane

Watling<Pant

CdG/Santner<Sir

Their bottom 4>>Ours

:nervous:

i agree with this. our bowling is superior however their tail batting is better. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

All up to our bowlers, as has been the case for the better part of last 5 years. Siraj and Ishant both must start, no place for Shami. 

I still don't get it. How th3 * is our tail so incompetent with the bat? I get it. They are great bowlers but they are complete plebs with the bat. It's a joke. 

28 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Just looking at weather and pitch and state of this match.. is winning the toss really a good idea. Southampton becomes flatter as the match progresses. They dont have good spinners. Whatever assistance one can get is first day till lunch and then maybe in afternoon with new ball. So even if we lose toss good chance we can win it..

Batting first is always fine unless it's a green seamer.  Plus on day 4/5 when pitch has enough spin we can really cause huge trouble to kiwis. 

Weather conditions cannot be predicted anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Conway, Latham> Ro, Gill

KW=Che

Taylor=Kohli

Nicholls>Rahane

Watling<Pant

CdG/Santner<Sir

Their bottom 4>>Ours

In short our batting has to be at its best to beat them. 

I am hoping against hope that Rohit somehow scores coz he can change the entire game if he fires.

Kohli in poor form is still better than Taylor I think.  Taylor might hang his boots after WTC final.  He's on his last legs I think 

Edited by Lone Wolf

People were laughing before  2019 world cup about NZ  when I stated NZ has all bases covered and have no such weaknesses. Samething applies to their test team they have all bases covered.The only  way India will be ahead is if pitch is flat and both our spinners play the match.

Bumrah might be the best bowler from both sides but NZ bowlers are right there with Indian bowlers.Kohli in present form in not better than Williamson.

Convay looks like a world class opener.

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Jeez broad that was a jaffa:cheer:Edgbaston gives a good viewing experience unlike dull lords. 

My first test match in England.. in 2011.. sad tour of india.. day 4 of edgbaston test.. dravid gets out in first fifteen mins even before we can enter and we hear a loud noise.. those were the days when india agreed to half drs.. not ball hitting but only pitching in line.. i still remember sachin playing well but got run out unfortunately when raina hit a straight drive onto the non striker stumps.. even the English viewers were so so annoyed and sad.. it would be his last tour to england.. then praveen kumar and dhoni entertained us hitting few sixes.. great view from the stands.... saha was substitute in the match and i had a friend  with me who knew him personally as he used to play bengal u19 cricket with him.. so he was shouting his nick  name ( Papali) and saha was waving and smiling back at us..match ended at 3:30 pm after tea i guess..India all out.. we were sad and to drown our sorrow went to a famous Indian restaurant in Birmingham city centre.. and believe me it was the first time i saw poverty.. there were beggars on the streets.. most of them were from ethnic minority background.. really felt sad.. we stayed for few hours before driving back home to london.. bitter sweet memories of the tour as a whole as india lost 4-0.. but edgbaston really was nice.. 

12 minutes ago, neel roy said:

My first test match in England.. in 2011.. sad tour of india.. day 4 of edgbaston test.. dravid gets out in first fifteen mins even before we can enter and we hear a loud noise.. those were the days when india agreed to half drs.. not ball hitting but only pitching in line.. i still remember sachin playing well but got run out unfortunately when raina hit a straight drive onto the non striker stumps.. even the English viewers were so so annoyed and sad.. it would be his last tour to england.. then praveen kumar and dhoni entertained us hitting few sixes.. great view from the stands.... saha was substitute in the match and i had a friend  with me who knew him personally as he used to play bengal u19 cricket with him.. so he was shouting his nick  name ( Papali) and saha was waving and smiling back at us..match ended at 3:30 pm after tea i guess..India all out.. we were sad and to drown our sorrow went to a famous Indian restaurant in Birmingham city centre.. and believe me it was the first time i saw poverty.. there were beggars on the streets.. most of them were from ethnic minority background.. really felt sad.. we stayed for few hours before driving back home to london.. bitter sweet memories of the tour as a whole as india lost 4-0.. but edgbaston really was nice.. 

My first test match live, anywhere, was on that tour as well.  At the Kennington oval.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

My first test match live, anywhere, was on that tour as well.  At the Kennington oval.  

Ahh yes that was the match India should have saved. Tendulkar on his way to 100th 100 and got out. I think he got a bad decision was it? Also Mishra scored 80 odd.. india got out last hour.. oval was such a flat pitch.. i think dravid scored a century in first innings.. my lasting memory of oval is the 2017 CT final.. dare i say more :(

Damn Will young showing great temperament as a newbie.  Scored few tons earlier in the County games as well. 

Problem of plenty for NZ think tank.  Everyone is doing well. 

I'd like an out of form Kane in the final over an in form Young :dance:

Edited by Lone Wolf

Great innings from Young. 

NZ with current crop of players will always do well in Eng. Cant compare past NZ sides with this one. With regular influx of african imports they should continue to do great things. We are in for an extremely hard battle in the final. Also its time we accept that 2-0 defeat as NZ doing really well rather than saying India turned up casually, disinterested etc..

2 hours ago, neel roy said:

Tendulkar on his way to 100th 100 and got out. I think he got a bad decision was it?

nope, no bad decision.  hate to say it, but he cruised to 70-odd and then decided to 'tighten' up and minimize risks, and got himself out against Swann.  Who was bowling quite well.  

2 hours ago, neel roy said:

i think dravid scored a century in first innings.

Carried his bat, and the walked out again to open post-follow-on IIRC.   

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Conway, Latham> Ro, Gill

KW=Che

Taylor=Kohli

Nicholls>Rahane

Watling<Pant

CdG/Santner<Sir

Their bottom 4>>Ours

Gollum let’s declare NZ winners before we even play. What do you say ? We shouldn’t forget about fatigue with playing matches in a short span. England doesn’t has good spinners too. 

Edited by gattaca
1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Gollum let’s declare NZ winners before we even play. What do you say ? 

Lol when did I say that? Just saying that they have a better batting unit. We have several advantages as well. 

Edited by Gollum
6 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Great innings from Young. 

NZ with current crop of players will always do well in Eng. Cant compare past NZ sides with this one. With regular influx of african imports they should continue to do great things. We are in for an extremely hard battle in the final. Also its time we accept that 2-0 defeat as NZ doing really well rather than saying India turned up casually, disinterested etc..

Not too long ago they got thumped 3 0 vs australia. Yes they are great in seam conditions. Average everywhere else. 

50 50 for final due to conditions. 

India did take it casually last time as they dint even play tour *ing games thanks to Brain dead kuli.