England vs New Zealand | 2nd Test | Edgbaston | June 10-14

Match winner poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2nd test?

18 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Looks like Kiwi lacks the killer instinct. 

Yep that's why they struggle against Australia.  They are mentally shot against them even before the game. 

We are their bogey team though.  I guess we complicate things too much against them. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Will be very funny If NZ drops Henry for Boult.  Southee & KJ are a lock already. 

This is a bigger headache than Shami vs Siraj debate. 

Why is KJ a lock?They might play Henry and Wagner over him

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Why is KJ a lock?They might play Henry and Wagner over him

KJ offers batting & he is their best pacer along with Southee in last 1 year. The reason why both of them were rested. 

Wagner will miss out coz of Patel.  A spinner is needed in Rose bowl. 

47 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Will be very funny If NZ drops Henry for Boult.  Southee & KJ are a lock already. 

This is a bigger headache than Shami vs Siraj debate. 

henry averages 51 in test cricket. in saying that he is ridiculously good with the new duke ball. tough one here. i think they will drop henry for ajaz. 

ajaz, boult southee and jamieson will be the final team. wagner misses out and rightfully so. 

Edited by Jay
50 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

KJ offers batting & he is their best pacer along with Southee in last 1 year. The reason why both of them were rested. 

Wagner will miss out coz of Patel.  A spinner is needed in Rose bowl. 

Jamieson has only done well in NZ. Last test was his first outside and he was poor

His batting is a bonus and not good for an AR

India will love if Patel plays.will be way easier than Wagner

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Jamieson has only done well in NZ. Last test was his first outside and he was poor

wagner is trash in england. he averages close to 38. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

wagner is trash in england. he averages close to 38. 

I understand but our guys suck vs left arm seam,so there's a case

Plus last game he was getting it to go in to RHB.Has added that perhaps

Still will be tougher than Patel for us

Just now, Lord said:

I understand but our guys suck vs left arm seam,so there's a case

Plus last game he was getting it to go in to RHB.Has added that perhaps

Still will be tougher than Patel for us

dont underestimate patel though. he can be a nightmare for our batsmen. moreso than wagner who will just pitch the same type of ball at medium pace. 

just play our left handed batsmen right after kuli and problem will be solved. You need a good left right combo to counter wagner boult. 

every other team handle southee well except us. southee is the main problem and probably patel knowing rahane and kuli vs spin. Issue can be fixed, however, ball is in dunderhead's court. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

dont underestimate patel though. he can be a nightmare for our batsmen. moreso than wagner who will just pitch the same type of ball at medium pace. 

just play our left handed batsmen right after kuli and problem will be solved. You need a good left right combo to counter wagner boult. 

every other team handle southee well except us. southee is the main problem and probably patel knowing rahane and kuli vs spin. Issue can be fixed, however, ball is in dunderhead's court. 

SLA's don't trouble us.I can already imagine Pant repeatedly coming down and hitting him for six.Maybe Jaddu too

Wagner doesn't bowl short only.He does that when there's pace or there's no swing.Otherwise he does mix it up and gets it to shape in.Also decent with reverse swing.

I see Henry as big problem if he plays.The WC SF is still fresh in memory :((

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

Boult is struggling since last year.  The way Henry is bowling I think NZ will be making a very controversial call on Henry. 

Jamieson was very handy with the new ball in last test on a flat pitch.  His first experience with duke ball wasn't bad at all.  He is their 2nd best atm behind Southee. 

Pujara Kohli won't love if Patel plays.  Left arm spin troubles them.  Wagner is more or less useless on soft pitches. 

38 minutes ago, Jay said:

henry averages 51 in test cricket. in saying that he is ridiculously good with the new duke ball. tough one here. i think they will drop henry for ajaz. 

ajaz, boult southee and jamieson will be the final team. wagner misses out and rightfully so. 

Yeah he sucks with Kookaburra hasn't got a consistent run too.  But with dukes & his history with Indian top order & the way he is wrecking England..  I will hope he doesn't get to play which is most likely. 

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Boult is struggling since last year.  The way Henry is bowling I think NZ will be making a very controversial call on Henry. 

Jamieson was very handy with the new ball in last test on a flat pitch.  His first experience with duke ball wasn't bad at all.  He is their 2nd best atm behind Southee. 

Pujara Kohli won't love if Patel plays.  Left arm spin troubles them.  Wagner is more or less useless on soft pitches. 

Boult has been okay just not brilliant.Even here he took 4fer in first innings

Henry will trouble us big time if he plays

How is 3/113 very handy.On same flat pitch Southee got 6.

Wagner is getting inswing now.And our guys dont play left arm seam well

When was the last time SLA troubled us big time.Even in last series it was Moeen who got Kohli while Leach was played easily.and those were turners

24 minutes ago, Lord said:

Boult has been okay just not brilliant.Even here he took 4fer in first innings

Henry will trouble us big time if he plays

How is 3/113 very handy.On same flat pitch Southee got 6.

Wagner is getting inswing now.And our guys dont play left arm seam well

When was the last time SLA troubled us big time.Even in last series it was Moeen who got Kohli while Leach was played easily.and those were turners

Lol Boult didn't bowled anything special.  He got lucky with tail wickets & comfortably looked least impressive of all the quicks. 

Leach wasn't played easily.  Pujara kept dancing throughout.  Only our lefties Pant & Sundar & too a extent Rohit managed to tame him.  Moeen actually was giving easy runs as well. 

Edited by Lone Wolf