Thakur for wtc final

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no one wanted him for a spinner but instead of a pacer

So  we only played two pacers and you wanted one of them to be Shardul.. Sorry, the series was on line, i wouldn't play Shardul as Second pacer and you can't criticize team management for that decision. With wtc finals berth on line it's just difficult to have him as second pacer. 

Thakur's batting 'abilities' are slowly assuming mythical proportions the longer time he spends in the squad bench.  

No disrespect to a hard working quality player, but Thakur only plays a test as 3rd seamer in cases of major injuries and availability issues.  He's not in the top 6 pacers for India.  The only case for him is where India wants to play 4 pacers on a greentop.  Which is simply not going to be the case for WTC.

35 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Thakur's batting 'abilities' are slowly assuming mythical proportions the longer time he spends in the squad bench.  

No disrespect to a hard working quality player, but Thakur only plays a test as 3rd seamer in cases of major injuries and availability issues.  He's not in the top 6 pacers for India.  The only case for him is where India wants to play 4 pacers on a greentop.  Which is simply not going to be the case for WTC.

His 7 wickets and a match winning 67 were major contributors to the Gabba fortress breach and the series win. Has earned himself a few chances in the tests, at least overseas ones especially in a team where the top order batsmen cannot even roll their arm over.

May as well prove to be useless but anyone who did so well in such adverse conditions, deserves all the praise. 

Thakur will get his chances this summer in England where he can cement his spot for the seam bowling AR slot but we won't make such a cavalier move for the final. if he won't be useful in England of all places i'm not sure where he will be considering the kind of bowler he is and that we don't have Sandeep Sharma, Bhuvi and D Chahar type bowlers in the team.

I am always so f*** annoyed when I watch our tail bat especially Bumrah who is barely able to hold the bat. 

Ishant plays spin alright thanks to his sweep & long levers.  Won't survive even mild short stuff. 

Siraj is gutsy & tries different methods to contribute like in Gabba when he used square cut & upper cut against Cummins & Hazelwood & smashed English spinners in India.  But needs a lot of work. But He at least tries. 

Shami knows only leg side slog & holes out to cow corner.  Less said the better. 

Overall we have the worst tail & they don't take their batting seriously.  Lower order batting is always crucial in England.