Ind must play Siraj in the WTC final 

zen

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/151128/how-siraj-set-up-root-s-dismissal

Here is Siraj bowling in a test match in India A few months earlier

... Getting so much movement both ways even in India

... Balls really flying through or skidding through and hurrying Root regularly.

... Such attacking lines and lengths.

How can we drop a fast bowler who is in such form and showing such ability even in Indian conditions  !!!!

Wobbly seam.Great.

He has played in England for A team right?

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

What about the nerves?

He's so far played without much expectations.Even in Aus we were just happy he gave us a chance.Had nothing to lose

First time he'll feeling the heat of expectations,that too in a final

I will play him too but won't be so confident about him

A bowler playing a test match has the best chance of getting over nerves.

Unlike bowlers in limited over matches or batsmen in any format ... bowlers will gèt more chances even if they bowl a few ordinary overs in a test.

Moreover, Siraj is a player who thrives on confidence and momentum. His best comes out when the captain is showing faith in him and he is on a roll. We need to capitalize on this.

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A bowler playing a test match has the best chance of getting over nerves.

Unlike bowlers in limited over matches or batsmen in any format ... bowlers will gèt more chances even if they bowl a few ordinary overs in a test.

Moreover, Siraj is a player who thrives on confidence and momentum. His best comes out when the captain is showing faith in him and he is on a roll. We need to capitalize on this.

What if he goes through a freak spell and dismantles Kiwis very cheaply thay may setup game for us

We shouldn't be conservative in our approach and be old school preferring experience over current form

It is a tough call to make.

Siraj, by far, is the most inform Indian bowler along with Ishant. He has a knack of picking early wickets. Further, Kiwis haven't played him earlier. So the surprise factor is there other than his obvious strengths of him being able to swing it both ways.

But, you don't bench your top performers because of whom you are playing the Final in the first place. If i am not wrong, Shami averages around 18 in the last 2 years. People saying Siraj did well in Australia, Shami has done in past too. Further, he bowls those sudden magic spells (especially in the second innings) with the old ball where he can single handedly change an innings in 4-5 overs.

Personally, I would prefer Shami (tried and tested and you know what to expect) but won't be disappointed even if Siraj is selected.

Further, if current form is the precedence, then Thakur should have played instead of Bumrah while Kohli or Rahane should have been benched to adjust Washington or Mayank.

31 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

It is a tough call to make.

Siraj, by far, is the most inform Indian bowler along with Ishant. He has a knack of picking early wickets. Further, Kiwis haven't played him earlier. So the surprise factor is there other than his obvious strengths of him being able to swing it both ways.

But, you don't bench your top performers because of whom you are playing the Final in the first place. If i am not wrong, Shami averages around 18 in the last 2 years. People saying Siraj did well in Australia, Shami has done in past too. Further, he bowls those sudden magic spells (especially in the second innings) with the old ball where he can single handedly change an innings in 4-5 overs.

Personally, I would prefer Shami (tried and tested and you know what to expect) but won't be disappointed even if Siraj is selected.

Further, if current form is the precedence, then Thakur should have played instead of Bumrah while Kohli or Rahane should have been benched to adjust Washington or Mayank.

Thakur had one good game 

siraj has been top class in list a matches last two years 

wrt sundar over rahane , sundar is no laxman hitting 7 centuries in a row to get ahead of rahane . Jinks likely will be our highest scorer . Now if we played a team with two good spinners , I would bench jinks for sure !

3 minutes ago, zen said:

You could try to select all in your signature box (I know it is empty), delete (or keep deleting till you are at the first line) and save

I deleted it so I don't see it like you do.Its okay for me

2 hours ago, Baji-Rao said:

Siraj will play. His story is similar to Virat's and Virat will have a soft spot for that and as captain will take the decision to have him played. anyways he's the one who brought us to WTC final in the first place not shami so deserved

Oh bhai oh, 'us to the WTC final'?

Another thread (Ashwin action) you wrote

8 hours ago, Baji-Rao said:

not really. My country is yet to attain test status first but go on

On topic of Mohali 2011 SF your response to @neel roy

8 hours ago, Baji-Rao said:

I really dont care what happens between you two, but i watched that match and was surprised to see Sachin get dropped 4 times before being caught. A very lucky inning, he was struggling alot as he was giving many chances

Not even 24 hours since you joined this forum and already so many mistakes :dontknow: